710's unite!!!!!!!!

Guest jaimesix

ggzilla yeah it's 73 and older that are exempt. I don't mind since I did have a 73 and that's what I really wanted anyway.

Maybe you can find a 710 that was manufactured in 1973, but 1974 was the first model year for 710s in the USA.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In USA early 620s are called 1972s

I believe Japan goes by calendar year rather than model year.

I don't think you'll find any '72s listed as 620s if looking for parts.  Suffice it to say they were made in '72 but so was the 521.

Maybe looking for it under the worldwide moniker? You would be searching for a '73 "Violet" instead of "710"

610s or "Bluebird" came out in Japan well before (for late '71, if I remember correctly) the 1800s and later the 610s arrived here in the United States.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I spotted this 710 on kijiji in Saskatchewan. It looks pretty nice at first glance, but rust repair has led to some odd patches on the lower body. 

Any guesses as to the source of those front front arches?

T2eC16ZykE9s7t2pUBRomnHbO-Q48_20_zps2f94

Hello Everyone!

I was just flipping through these posts and found my car. Had no idea it would be here. The rust repair on this one has been a mash-up of several different pieces.

I got the car when I was 15 and decided i wanted to restore it. I took it to our local resto-shop and had the rust repair done. At the time I had no idea about Datsuns (or where to get parts) so we fit 620 front fenders, 280 fiberglass rear quarters, and Chevelle rocker panels, so that is why it looks a bit odd.

Seeing it on here gave me the push to join the forum and clear the air on my franken-car.

• Like 2

610/710 owner question:

I want to use my '75 710 calipers on 510 struts w/ 510 rotors ... . 510/710 calipers 'look' identical ... has anyone tried swapping 510/610/710 calipers?

I think the caliper design changed for newer 710's, but mine are definitely the older style

If you are using RockAuto, NAPA or O',Reillys you will find 1972 620.

I don't think you'll find any '72s listed as 620s if looking for parts. Suffice it to say they were made in '72 but so was the 521.

For 710s all USA export 710s made in 1973 are 1974 models - including Hawaii. The state registers your car so sometimes they get it wrong.

Remember, the USA model year traditionally starts in October of the previous year. But the manufacturer decides. Some Datsuns changed in July. The factory underhood sticker will give the model year. The door jamb plate gives the month/year of manufacture. Both are more accurate than the state title/registration.

610/710 owner question:I want to use my '75 710 calipers on 510 struts w/ 510 rotors ... . 510/710 calipers 'look' identical ... has anyone tried swapping 510/610/710 calipers?I think the caliper design changed for newer 710's, but mine are definitely the older style

Looking at Rockauto it looks like the the rotors have different part numbers between the 510 & the 710. But, the caliper part numbers for a 510 and a 1975 710 are identical and both have the tapered brake pads. I wonder if you would need a 710 rotor (available on Rockauto) to match the 710 caliper (assuming the struts are identical).

The newer 710 calipers (1976-1977) have flat, small pads (really small pads). Therefore (obviously) they have different part numbers from the 510 and earlier 710.

So, I guess that isn't an answer at all to your question. But I hope it is some information to think about (or not).

Ok so I'm back on the hunt for a 710 even if it is a 74. The importer says depending on the production month I should be fine. 74 datsun 710 2 door.

If anybody knows of one for sale that I don't have to give an arm leg and a left nut I'd appreciate any info. Thanks

I finally found the perfect 710 and need help getting it from Texas to LA so I can ship it here to Japan. Does anyone here have any recommendation? It does have a tow bar so worst case my brother said he could rent a truck and pull it. I personally think it's less hassle to just have a company do it. Thanks in advance

Are the 710 automatic gas pedals different from the manual trans. gas pedals??? .... I know 510's are different

I can't find my 75 manual gas pedal anywhere .. a 510 pedal doesn't fit (but I might be able to make it work) ... my 710 has 2 vertical mounting holes. a 510 has 3

Are the 710 automatic gas pedals different from the manual trans. gas pedals??? .... I know 510's are different

I can't find my 75 manual gas pedal anywhere .. a 510 pedal doesn't fit (but I might be able to make it work) ... my 710 has 2 vertical mounting holes. a 510 has 3

Yes. IIRC there will be a dimple in the floor beside the two threaded holes and only two on the gas pedal. If the third hoe isn't there just frill it out and shift sideways. Then bend the rod the pedal contacts over slightly. OR mount the 510 pedal and bend that rod over to fit

• Like 1