Guest jaimesix

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

For what it's worth, a small block Ford and a T-5 are a much better fit... 

I’m assuming you’re saying this because of distributor placement... my LS G35 just got totaled out so I have been toying with the idea of moving the setup over(6.0/CD009 combo) 

2 hours ago, toadx8u said:

I’m assuming you’re saying this because of distributor placement... 

Actually, I was not. That does help, but I was saying due to size and weight. A Ford 302 is dimensionally smaller than a small block Chevy, and considerably lighter weight. And even though a T-5 is portly, it can be squeezed into most Datsuns. It's really not any bigger than a KA/SR trans. 

Now when it comes to an LS, if you can get the accessories, brackets, and water pump from a late model Impala SS (FWD 5.3 LS), it helps a ton with packaging dimensions. That would make it a much more ideal swap.

I'd still go Ford, but I know a lot of people feel that because they already have it, is a good reason to do it.  😁

1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

Actually, I was not. That does help, but I was saying due to size and weight. A Ford 302 is dimensionally smaller than a small block Chevy, and considerably lighter weight. And even though a T-5 is portly, it can be squeezed into most Datsuns. It's really not any bigger than a KA/SR trans. 

Now when it comes to an LS, if you can get the accessories, brackets, and water pump from a late model Impala SS (FWD 5.3 LS), it helps a ton with packaging dimensions. That would make it a much more ideal swap.

I'd still go Ford, but I know a lot of people feel that because they already have it, is a good reason to do it.  😁

Exactly, I've got a pic somewhere of a B210 I found in a junkyard with a 302 without any major engine bay mods (aside from engine mounts). 

1 hour ago, Dguy210 said:

Exactly, I've got a pic somewhere of a B210 I found in a junkyard with a 302 without any major engine bay mods (aside from engine mounts). 

We built one at our shop and the only real body mod was trimming the radiator support to fit a thicker radiator. 👍

• Like 1