What did you do to your truck today?

Madness

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Friday pm: Stopped by a street rod parts shop on the way home from work, bought a roll of 3/8 foil backed felt insulation pad, pulled the seats and carpets, cleaned the floor, started installing the pad.

Sat am: Finished cutting and gluing the padding in place on the entire KC floor and trans tunnel, went to an upholstery supply shop and bought 2.5 yards of new blue vinyl (matches the blue in the Mazda sport seats) for new kick panel boards, new door boards and new rear boards, stopped at a parts store and got a couple of additional cans of spray trim adhesive, stopped at a glass shop & got new window channel material, came home & reinstalled the seats.

Sat pm: removed both kick panel boards, cut new ones from 1/8" ABS sheet, fitted them to the front kick panel areas, fabricated 1/8" speaker spacers and glued them to the panel boards. Removed the driver's side door board & installed a piece of window channel material in the front channel - door glass doesn't rattle any more!

Sun pm: Spray glued 1/8" foam to both of the new kick panel boards, trimmed the foam, spray glued the new blue vinyl to the boards, trimmed it to fit, installed the boards and front speakers.

Noise level inside the cab has dropped by at least 50% - MUCH more pleasant to drive, and haven't even started on the dynamat yet.

Oh, yeah - Thursday afternoon FedEx ground showed up with the new old Nardi wood wheel for my '69 2002 , so I was finally able to move the wood Momo wheel over to the KC.

Next up - fabricating new ABS door boards using more of the new blue vinyl and sections of patterned seat fabric that match the centers of the Mazda sport seats (cut out of the back seat of the car the fronts came from), then on to the BIG project - fabricating a one-piece ABS replacement for the three interior trim panels around the back of the KC cab.

brakes went to hell on me at canby, i knew it was coming too

first it was just a little pump here, little pump there, then more and more, then soon it was pumping a shitlaod just to get it to stop lol

adjusted the brakes last night, did it to much and they got hot : was to late to do anything so today i pulled them all apart, cleaned everything with brake cleaner and sat there for a while till they were just right on each side.

still were crap so i bled the brakes a bit, started at the prop valve, then the rears. When i did the rears it sounded like a wet queef and it shot out a bunch of air. did the fronts, then at the M/C. Fucker will stop on a dime now :D

But theres got to be a slow leak, it sat for 2 months and was super low on fluid. Cant seem to find a damp spot or a leak, i parked it on the pavement to see if it dripped anywhere. Maybe theres enough grease/fluid/dirt combo caked in there to create a semi-seal so it cannot be seen?

We need to start a thread called "what did You do to Your GARAGE today?"

More on this "secret" later. I bought the ultimate toy box. YES, My WHOLE collection will fit!! And it even came with an SWDP "club house"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

datsun-1.jpg

I still need to notch passenger side to get the piping a little more flat and weld the bov flange on but thats decent progress. I also cut an old muffler off and welded a new one onto a 69 dime in the middle of it all.

datsun-1.jpg

I still need to notch passenger side to get the piping a little more flat and weld the bov flange on but thats decent progress. I also cut an old muffler off and welded a new one onto a 69 dime in the middle of it all.

That IC looks good there.