my new 72!

sdsurf

As many have you seen or known I have been madly trying to sell parts to get some extra cash. Well here is the reason. I found the cleanest 521 I have ever seen on craigslist a few weeks ago. Original owner, bought in alhambra (so cal) original paperwork, manual, warranty book, all registrations, etc. Body is basically perfect, interior is immaculate. Uncut dash, recovered dash pad, speaker, parcel tray, steering wheel... Thanks to John (Datrod) for helping me out.

and:

IMG_0148-1.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153-1.jpg

IMG_0154-1.jpg

IMG_0155-1.jpg

IMG_0156-1.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The engine situation is this. The guy who had it was clueless about engines and had dropped a z series mated to the stock tranny. That is as far as he got, no motor mounts, no exhaust, nothing. The engine bay is fine, totally stock and fine. The engine in the back is the original L-16 which is supposedly frozen. I have all the original parts plus the z that's in it. I am going to pull the z and rebuild either the 1600 or an L20b I have sitting in my garage. First I have to get rid of the other black one.

'70, L16, newer 4 spd with shortened driveshaft. Had it running but needs tuning and brakes. Anyone want it? I think I will list it on cl for $900 once I get all the trim on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...