This is How the Bosozoku Roll

mark that reminds me of the late 80's and early 90's, think back, before we did hydro's and air susp., we had to enter the drive ways all crazy like that, and god forbid the road dips and the speed bumps..:lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you guys like the vid. I admit this style is kinda growin on me. Heres how they enter a parking lot driveway........reallly slow!

You know, normally I'm pretty easy going, but if I saw these f***ing morons, I would either

A. Lock in the hubs and climb over them in the 720.

B. Burn out over the curb, around them, through the shrubs, etc. and spray rocks at their paint in the rally 510.

Those cars and their drivers need to be drug out to a proper racetrack, their drivers should attend driving school, then be forced to go take the ridiculous crack-addict flares and non functional bullshit off their cars, so they could actually be deemed a vehicle worthy of racing. F*** me, stuff like that just pisses me off. It's worse than unpainted body kits and Neons. :mad:

You know, normally I'm pretty easy going, but if I saw these f***ing morons, I would either

A. Lock in the hubs and climb over them in the 720.

B. Burn out over the curb, around them, through the shrubs, etc. and spray rocks at their paint in the rally 510.

Those cars and their drivers need to be drug out to a proper racetrack, their drivers should attend driving school, then be forced to go take the ridiculous crack-addict flares and non functional bullshit off their cars, so they could actually be deemed a vehicle worthy of racing. F*** me, stuff like that just pisses me off. It's worse than unpainted body kits and Neons. :mad:

That had me lmao, so did the quote on your sig.

She turned me into a newt. I got better

I showed the first vid to my Japanese friend at work today, and this is what he said:

"The chin spoiler is called deppa (meaning bucktooth), and the exhaust pipes are called take-yari (bamboo spear).

We rarely see them today. What you can see today in Japan is ridiculously painted cars like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itasha" :D

I'm sure they would wonder why you get so worked up over their style. They have no intention of racing or pretending to be a race car. The over-exaggeration and decorations are merely a style and meant only for looks.

I'm sure they would wonder why you get so worked up over their style. They have no intention of racing or pretending to be a race car. The over-exaggeration and decorations are merely a style and meant only for looks.

Breeding a generation of poser-type kids with no real skill except clapping plastic and fiberglass flares on cars doesn't seem like a world concern to you?

Have you noticed in hiring kids today, that many of them don't have the faintest clue about anything? It's all about looks. Man I wish I could get those sweet dubs for my ride, and some stick-on chrome. Dude, awesome! Check the oil, huh? How do I do that?

I'll bet you dollars to donuts those bozowhatever kids don't know the first thing about the very rides they are driving, and the few that do are hopefully finding other activities more worthy of learning and accomplishing something.

Form follows function: What function does 0 ground clearance and ridiculously long exhaust pipes have? None, and the form is general stupidity. Why don't these kids have worthwhile role models?

Have you watched idiocrasy? I seriously wonder if that will be our fate someday. Hey, what about this sewer main? Oh, it's okay, I put some flares on it man! :)

I dunno, it just bothers me kids wasting a whole bunch of time and energy on something that is basically useless. It won't race, it won't even serve as transportation, and it's not original enough to be considered art.

Breeding a generation of poser-type kids with no real skill except clapping plastic and fiberglass flares on cars doesn't seem like a world concern to you?

This fad is 99% limited to Japan. Not too much of a concern to me unless you hire Japanese immigrant kiddos. :blink:

the japanese culture is very much about image. So much more so than America which is bad enough as it is.

The problem if obsessing over image goes far deeper than automotive interests. I do think that is a problem in the US.

I showed the first vid to my Japanese friend at work today, and this is what he said:

"The chin spoiler is called deppa (meaning bucktooth), and the exhaust pipes are called take-yari (bamboo spear).

We rarely see them today. What you can see today in Japan is ridiculously painted cars like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itasha" :D

being a fan of anime i kinda like this idea i wouldnt do it on my own car but i dont think its bad to look at

Honda_Prelude_Itasha_2009_Tokyo_Aut.jpg

I've been an anime fan for a long time and I agree. Cool to look at, naked is better and not on my car lol. I'd love to see a nge themed anything rolling around.

It sure as hell beats bozo that's for sure.

Man I love bozo! But I would put airbags not just slam it and not drag it around all day and fuck it all up... WTF? Just raise it up and drive around and slam it when parked.

HEHEHEH! You know what! Slamming a truck till it hits the frame would be a good anti theft idea! Just remove the switches or hide a kill switch for the switches or the compressor somewhere so they cant lift it up. They would have to drag it away!!! :lol: :fu:

Edited by Motavated
  • 1 month later...
ive noticed recently that some of boso styling looks very familiar, just a little over the top though.

h.jpg

if I remember a lot of them are based off of racing cars.

I'm sure I will see the bad looks from Datsun purist for many a mile but my Fairlady will be in the Bosozoku styling. ..

I've seen plenty of GT-R's and such but have yet to see a 311 Fairlady in the same style. Maybe I could get someone in japan to trade me a hakosuka for my fairlady LOL

• 2 months later...