Maybe that explains why the post office wont forward our absentee ballots. My wife and I are residents of Fl but spend 6 months a year in Maine. All our mail is forwarded for the 6 months but absentee ballots will not be forwarded. We are still looking into a solution. On another note seeing some of Bidens recent appearances the reality is Trump is trailing a corpse in the polls. How did our presidency sink to this level?

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

The problem is they don't say what percentage were separated from family. I did a quick search and couldn't find the numbers either, just this link. In any case, I'm not keen on this regardless of what administration did it, especially as a matter of policy. 😕

The problem is the people trying to ILLEGALLY enter the United States.Why don't you blame it on them ? Do you have any idea how many people Obama deported ? Was it a problem for you then or is this just a "I hate Trump" kind of thing ? What kind of parent puts their child in harms way to attempt illegal entry ? 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, john510 said:

The problem is the people trying to ILLEGALLY enter the United States.Why don't you blame it on them ? Do you have any idea how many people Obama deported ? Was it a problem for you then or is this just a "I hate Trump" kind of thing ? What kind of parent puts their child in harms way to attempt illegal entry ? 

Deporting, again, is different than family separation. Illegal entry or not, family separation is wrong as a matter of policy—at least for anybody with an ounce of empathy. Further, the Trump administration's separation included people who were legally seeking asylum. You can look a few posts back for those articles.

5 minutes ago, john510 said:

What kind of parent puts their child in harms way to attempt illegal entry ? 

You grew up in a privileged society and can't imagine someone wanting something better for themselves and kids. Already answered.

9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

In some cases maybe even the majority, the alternative is worse. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

You grew up in a privileged society and can't imagine someone wanting something better for themselves and kids. Already answered.

It's the "we don't care" mantra of the Trump base—part of the sunk cost fallacy bookmarked between conspiracy theories of the liberal boogiemen who are trying to take down dear leader by... pointing out his actions

5 minutes ago, john510 said:

Sorry but we're full and out of free money.Maybe Canada should step up and help out ? 

It's all free money, Canada's printing it just as fast as the Fed, to hell with the staggering insurmountable debt we leave to next generation, just keep borrowing from this endless imaginary pile cash we have created with the fiat monetary system.

Ponzi is written all over it.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Deporting, again, is different than family separation. Illegal entry or not, family separation is wrong as a matter of policy—at least for anybody with an ounce of empathy. Further, the Trump administration's separation included people who were legally seeking asylum. You can look a few posts back for those articles.

I don't know what to tell you man.The separation thing was going on before Trump came to be.It's nothing new except now we have a President the media hates and shows us everything they can to make Trump look bad.What about Obama and his 2.5 million deportations in 7 years ? Does that bother you ? 

• Like 3
Just now, john510 said:

I don't know what to tell you man.The separation thing was going on before Trump came to be.It's nothing new except now we have a President the media hates and shows us everything they can to make Trump look bad.What about Obama and his 2.5 million deportations in 7 years ? Does that bother you ? 

Do deportations in general bother me? No, not really. It's the family separation by matter of policy that bothered me. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I grew up poor.No privilege just because i was born HERE.Don't tell me how i grew up.I worked for what i have.Mexico had the same opportunities as anyone.Not our fault they can't get it together.Also not our job to fix them.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's the "we don't care" mantra of the Trump base—part of the sunk cost fallacy bookmarked between conspiracy theories of the liberal boogiemen who are trying to take down dear leader by... pointing out his actions

Another load of crap from this guy.If you care so much head south and lend a hand in Mexico.Volunteers,money,clothing,food would all be appreciated.Or don't assume what somebody that supports our President stands for.

• Like 2

Just a little story about my annual fishing trip with four close friends from my youth.There was a Trump boat parade in San Diego Bay on Sunday.I just happened to see it but wasn't there for that.For two hours i watched thousands of boats drive by.American flags everywhere,Trump flags,horns honking,happy friendly people.Just a great time for so many.What i didn't see ? obnoxious kooks with bullhorns,burning buildings,vandalized cars,fights,fires,trash everywhere,people yelling obscenities at others or any type of violence.These Trump people are just horrible human beings aren't they ? 

• Like 4

I said a privileged society. Rich or 'poor' you had advantages they might only dream of. Those Mexican migrants aren't all Mexican BTW. Have a little compassion for their plight. I have no problem with a 'wall'. All countries should have a non porous border. The fact that yours isn't is the biggest cause of the problem with migrants. Build it or not. Shit or get off the pot. Git er done.

Maybe fix the problem causing this mass migration?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, john510 said:

What i didn't see ? obnoxious kooks with bullhorns,burning buildings,vandalized cars,fights,fires,trash everywhere,people yelling obscenities at others or any type of violence.These 

Maybe they already burned their boats.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, john510 said:

Another load of crap from this guy.If you care so much head south and lend a hand in Mexico.Volunteers,money,clothing,food would all be appreciated.Or don't assume what somebody that supports our President stands for.

You seem to be making it clear. Should I quote the guy who literally said "nobody cares" that his own sister finds his actions disgusting too?

6 minutes ago, john510 said:

obnoxious kooks with bullhorns,burning buildings,vandalized cars,fights,fires,trash everywhere,people yelling obscenities at others or any type of violence.These Trump people are just horrible human beings aren't they ? 

You seem to know everyone else's values. No, Trump voters are not inherently bad—just ignore an awful lot and project Trumps faults on the people who are trying to hold him to account. But what do I know, I get my news from such social media sites as the NYT. Must be my liberal science and engineering education! 🙂 

• Like 1

What is a privileged society ? This country didn't wake up one day privileged.I have compassion,get in line like those did that went through the system legally.Then it's all good.Or better yet,fix your own country like Americans did several hundred years ago by going to war with England.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, john510 said:

What is a privileged society ? This country didn't wake up one day privileged.I have compassion,get in line like those did that went through the system legally.Then it's all good.Or better yet,fix your own country like Americans did several hundred years ago by going to war with England.

It can take a long time to fix a country, and if you were in a situation where you needed asylum, would't you consider the US? Fair enough about getting in line, but that's not always the case for asylum seekers who might have a more immediate need to escape their country than someone seeking a Visa.

Privilege can be resources, education, safety nets.. 

• Like 1

Actually I think it did. When the declaration of independence was penned and the constitution as all Yanks are so fucking quick to point out. That's a start and others were refined and added. Now compare your with some of the Latin American countries and how they are run, economically, politically. Not the same or why would they want to go to the US?

Fix MY country react_haha.png  That's the pot calling the kettle black.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

You seem to be making it clear. Should I quote the guy who literally said "nobody cares" that his own sister finds his actions disgusting too?

You seem to know everyone else's values. No, Trump voters are not inherently bad—just ignore an awful lot and project Trumps faults on the people who are trying to hold him to account. But what do I know, I get my news from such social media sites as the NYT. Must be my liberal science and engineering education! 🙂 

One guy here said nobody cares.I also don't care what Trump's sister,niece,whatever she is thinks.It's an obvious money grab and surprises nobody.It's probably a safe assumption a lot of Americans don't care either.Why would you think i know everyone elses values when you're the one spouting off on what Trump supporters are ? Too funny claiming we ignore an awful lot.

• Like 1
Just now, datzenmike said:

Actually I think it did. When the declaration of independence was penned and the constitution as all Yanks are so fucking quick to point out. That's a start and others were refined and added. Now compare your with some of the Latin American countries and how they are run, economically, politically. Not the same or why would they want to go to the US?

Fix MY country react_haha.png  That's the pot calling the kettle black.

Mike,if this country is so fucked up and broken why are so many trying to get here ? Are we fucked up or are we privileged ? Can't be both.

• Like 1

All inflammatory rhetoric aside, I am truly concerned about a Biden Presidency.  America might still surprise me, I was very surprised Trump won the last election and it made me happy. Not happy that Trump won, he has never impressed me, happy that many of my fellow American citizens realized the worthlessness Hilary embodied.

Since the election, Trump has continued to disappoint, but the democrats, rather than reevaluating and appealing to a wider demographic, have doubled down on crazy town. 

Most negative remarks regarding Trump in this lengthy thread are either well-earned or at least understandable. They are also irrelevant and the overwhelming majority of Trump’s bullshit, might make you stare at your food, when sharing dinner with friends  from overseas, but it will not take  your freedom or  cause lasting actual harm to your life.

The world of the democrats is a world without freedom, without justice. A world of fear. The police in Portland were so afraid of rioters  that they abandoned their stationhouse. The police, which I assume have training and access  to a substantial  weapons and ammunition, turned tail and ran. Why? Are they all scared chickenshit bastards?  Yes and No, they are scared, not of the rioters, they are scared if the rioters are put down, meaning, dispersed and controlled, likely a number killed/hospitalized,  AS IT SHOULD BE when a protest becomes a riot. The public, the State and local government, will second guess the police, analyze and criticize, even fire and incarcerate.

If the police are unwilling to engage, what message is  that to the community?  As I have said, I will give protesters/rioters  whatever a wide berth. But, I keep thinking of those videos of the rioters surrounding and screaming, sometimes, running by and striking random members of the pubic walking or driving in the area. Last I read, most of the attackers were not to be prosecuted. But I am certain, if I was one of the people accosted and went to work with a baseball bat or a pistol, I would be prosecuted.

The democrats want to take the strength and freedom of the individual and sacrifice it to the community. A community, as demonstrated by the Portland  Police, that will abandon us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It can take a long time to fix a country, and if you were in a situation where you needed asylum, would't you consider the US? Fair enough about getting in line, but that's not always the case for asylum seekers who might have a more immediate need to escape their country than someone seeking a Visa.

Privilege can be resources, education, safety nets.. 

The asylum thing is the best tool those people have to get what they want.Asylum from Mexico ? or even countries farther south ? Give me a break.These people aren't coming from terrorist countries in the Middle East.

• Like 1

A money grab? So she's telling the truth (perhaps as she sees it) but this doesn't matter because she's doing it for the money??? Or are you saying she decided to make a bunch of shit up but it doesn't matter because she's doing it for the money? It would seem to me that families are all ripe with internal turmoil and drama and simply writing about it is way easier than making it up. Made up stuff isn't real so can''t be backed up. Truth has a chance of being backed up by a witness.

• Like 1