• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike I live out in the sticks and believe it or not there are people that rely on the Mail system. They also provide a welfare check system to the elderly or shut ins. This is the system a lot of people are voting with this year, there is no way I would go to a polling station. Anyways I have my own problem with the post office not being able to forward absentee ballot from my primary address in Florida to my Maine address. Seems that's against the rules. Anyways my original question is how is Trump benefitting the US by fucking with the postal service?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I do have a legitimate question for the Trumpers. What's up with his shenanigans with the post office? I don't see how purposely sabotaging one of the few government institutions that actually functions is a benefit to the US. Many folks rely on the post office for their medications, paying bills, buisness dealings and keeping in touch with loved ones. For many there is not an alternative. The post office is the only service that delivers to every address in the US. The private carriers do not deliver everywhere because it is fiscally unfeasable.

The media and Democrats took a non issue and made it a meme, just another let's throw shit at the wall attack on Trump.

The post office because it is a business as well as government entity was required to fund pensions just like real businesses and is supposed to be self supporting. The current admin is not destroying the USPS it is attempting to correct it's course to save it.

They have given health and pension benefits they have been unable to pay for and just like any other unionized government entity they are saying the only way out is a government bailout and the requirements to fund these benefits are unfair.

Quote is from the GAO - General accounting office

"USPS has lost $69 billion over the past 11 fiscal years—including $3.9 billion in fiscal year 2018. USPS's total unfunded liabilities and debt ($143 billion at the end of fiscal year 2018) have grown to double its annual revenue."

Edited by Ooph!
more words
3 hours ago, john510 said:

Yea this guy has lost any credibility with me at this point.I'm surprised he hasn't claimed Trump is the Grand Master of the KKK yet.Detained ILLEGAL immigrant children bother him while Trump is in charge,i wonder if it bothered him while Obama was doing the same thing ? Obama also had some serious numbers regarding the deporting of illegals.Still Trump's fault.

Disingenuous at best, and deporting is not family separation. Again, from the link Ooph! posted above to prove Obama admin built the—I guess we're calling it chain link fence enclosures instead of cages? Fair, but the point of the original post was the ridiculous notion that Trump doesn't deserve any ire. 

The Obama administration separated migrant children from families under certain limited circumstances, like when the child’s safety appeared at risk or when the parent had a serious criminal history.

But family separations as a matter of routine came about because of Trump’s “zero tolerance” enforcement policy, which he eventually suspended because of the uproar. Obama had no such policy.

3 hours ago, john510 said:

You're joking right ? The media has a constitutional right to lie out there asses.And they do.Vetted my ass.

Anything that doesn't match the narrative must be a lie! 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Disingenuous at best, and deporting is not family separation. Again, from the link Ooph! posted above to prove Obama admin built the—I guess we're calling it chain link fence enclosures instead of cages? Fair, but the point of the original post was the ridiculous notion that Trump doesn't deserve any ire. 

The Obama administration separated migrant children from families under certain limited circumstances, like when the child’s safety appeared at risk or when the parent had a serious criminal history.

But family separations as a matter of routine came about because of Trump’s “zero tolerance” enforcement policy, which he eventually suspended because of the uproar. Obama had no such policy.

Anything that doesn't match the narrative must be a lie! 

21% of detained children were separated in the Obama years according to the report.

Either it is wrong or it isn't to say Trump is wrong Obama must be included there is no degree of wrong

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

The media and Democrats took a non issue and made it a meme, just another let's throw shit at the wall attack on Trump.

The post office because it is a business as well as government entity was required to fund pensions just like real businesses and is supposed to be self supporting.

Quote is from the GAO - General accounting office

"USPS has lost $69 billion over the past 11 fiscal years—including $3.9 billion in fiscal year 2018. USPS's total unfunded liabilities and debt ($143 billion at the end of fiscal year 2018) have grown to double its annual revenue."

The current admin is not destroying the USPS it is attempting to correct it's course to save it

Save it by dismantling sorting machines that are already installed and working. Smart!! 🙂

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

21% of detained children were separated in the Obama years according to the report.

Either it is wrong or it isn't to say Trump is wrong Obama must be included there is no degree of wrong

Which report are you referring to? I only saw a link to AP

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Which report are you referring to? I only saw a link to AP

Highlighted below from 2010 to 2016 21% of minors were separated from the adults they traveled with

link added

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/18/myth-vs-fact-dhs-zero-tolerance-policy

From the DHS website

Myth

DHS has never separated families for prosecutions before – this is a new policy in this Administration. 

Fact

Illegal border crossers, including family units, were referred for prosecutions, as appropriate, under the previous Administration. The average referral rate for amenable adults from FY10 – FY16 was 21 percent.

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Icehouse said:

I'm with Thomas,  I hate Trump so much I'm voting for Biden! 

I urge you to reconsider. As I previously posted,                                                                                                                                                                                                     

The Democrats  are like a  neighbor,  who routinely  and openly shits on your lawn. You see him do it, he knows you see him, but doesn’t care. If you touch him, the Democrats want to send  federal police and/or  SWAT to your home to seize any and all firearms and strip you of your second amendment rights. If you come out screaming and threaten him, again the Democrats want to the Feds strip you of your second amendment rights. And you better pray that the shitter isn’t a member of a minority, then you will be labeled racist and facebook group members from all around the county will come to shit on your lawn to show solidarity. Emails will bombard your employer that chastise the company for employing a racist. Groups  will demand boycott of the business if you are not  fired.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Should you call the police? You could try, but this will be very low priority and if you are in a big city, police assistance is extremely unlikely.                                                                                                            

And the shitter keeps coming by and you are stuck in shit. You, not your political party, not hypothetically, not potentially, are dealing with actual shit.                                                                                                                                                                         

Trump acts, or is, a fool. He repeatedly and publically, metaphorically shits himself, and it looks bad. There is much talk about shitty things he is doing or has done and much of it is likely true.  The current Democratic platform is refreshingly, abhorrently, clear.  It is focused on abolishing freedom of speech , the right to bear arms, and forced  economic redistribution. Understanding that there is a segment of the population, that will resist these policies, Democrats are actively working to clear the way to implement quasi-military or military enforcement.                             

If it is still a tough choice, then take all the stupid shit that Trump says, take all the global embarrassment that Trump has caused, take the potential damage to international relations by his actions with the Russians and North Korea, take the damage his bankruptcy, his shady college dealings, the injecting bleach proclamation, did to you and put it in one hand, shit in the other.  Which hand do you want to spend the next 4 years with?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Thomas said:

I guess, "nuh-uh, you are" is still a valid comeback in some circles. As far as hate, how about: migrant children in cages, unconstitutional bans on people of a certain religion, hiding the USS John McCain so Trump doesn't have a melt down... etc, etc, etc.

"He has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this."

"It’s the phoniness of it all. It’s the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel.” - Trump's sister

Dude, really, you sound like a 15 year old who uses social media for news. 

Fact check yourself before you post such crap. And nobody gives a flaming fuck for his sister. She is just trying to cash in on his name and she is free to do so, but nobody cared. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Jesse C. said:

Congratulations with the projection, and good job posting a random person doing a youtube rant immediately afterward.

Fact check yourself before you post such crap. And nobody gives a flaming fuck for his sister. She is just trying to cash in on his name and she is free to do so, but nobody cared. 

Uh huh. Aside from you being wrong (lack of fact checking?) I'm glad you know him better than his family! 

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Congratulations with the projection, and good job posting a random person doing a youtube rant immediately afterward.

Uh huh. Aside from you being wrong (lack of fact checking?) I'm glad you know him better than his family! 

I always post videos here, what, are you new here? 

Fact checking? I probably do more than you apparently. And no, I never claimed to know him better than his family. I just know that nobody cares. Except you, apparently. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Highlighted below from 2010 to 2016 21% of minors were separated from the adults they traveled with

link added

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/18/myth-vs-fact-dhs-zero-tolerance-policy

From the DHS website

Myth

DHS has never separated families for prosecutions before – this is a new policy in this Administration. 

Fact

Illegal border crossers, including family units, were referred for prosecutions, as appropriate, under the previous Administration. The average referral rate for amenable adults from FY10 – FY16 was 21 percent.

The problem is they don't say what percentage were separated from family. I did a quick search and couldn't find the numbers either, just this link. In any case, I'm not keen on this regardless of what administration did it, especially as a matter of policy. 😕

• Like 1

who cares they are not Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  apply asylum at the border is Bullshit and we go to pay for it housing, a overweighted mother with 3 kids 2 in diapers , don't speak English. How is that going to make a over burden system better???????????

No more H1B1 Visa holders then stay bringing in there elderly parents also then going on Social Secrurity That's Bullshit too!!!!!!!!

DEFUND THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets get this over with   Master Blaster runs BarterTown!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Wow, wtf happened to.... “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

1 hour ago, Jesse C. said:

I care what she has to say. There's nothing like a relative for getting the low down on another family member. He must have really pissed her off.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I do have a legitimate question for the Trumpers. What's up with his shenanigans with the post office? I don't see how purposely sabotaging one of the few government institutions that actually functions is a benefit to the US. Many folks rely on the post office for their medications, paying bills, buisness dealings and keeping in touch with loved ones. For many there is not an alternative. The post office is the only service that delivers to every address in the US. The private carriers do not deliver everywhere because it is fiscally unfeasable.

My thinking is he doesn't want the Post Office forced to deal with the ballots so he's playing games like his opposition.I'm not a fan of mail in ballots when we've had the opportunity for the absentee thing for years.You get your ballot in the mail and you personally drop it in a box at your local polling station.Most of us want a totally fair election with less chance for fraud.The mail in idea increases the chances for fraud.Why is that a problem for the left ? William Barr had some good reasons to keep things as they were.One of them he pointed out was the people that moved and never changed their address with the registrar of voters won't receive their ballot.That same ballot could potentially be filled out by the person now at that same address.Who would ever know ? That could work in favor of either party.If it works don't fix it,the Covid thing is a bullshit excuse for mail in voting.The Post Office isn't going anywhere.

• Like 2