53 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Bill Maher is NOT everyone. He's not an expert on youth he's an expert on entertaining.

So noone, left or right, who says anything you disagree with, knows what they're talking about. Got it 👌

Also, hearing people say that in order to have an opinion about a topic, you have to be an expert. Is getting old and is complete malarkey. "You're not a biologist, how can you possibly believe you can tell me what a woman is?". Oh stop it....I don't have to be a mechanic to tell you that if my car doesn't start, there is something wrong with it.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, IZRL said:

So noone, left or right, who says anything you disagree with, knows what they're talking about. Got it 👌

Absolutely they do not. It's unbelievable what crap normal seeming people believe as truth. Why should I believe everything I'm told???????? because they say so???

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I read, see and hear stuff. My skepticism threshold is very low, most of the world is just bullshit. It boggles me the stuff people believe on here and that's fine it's just an opinion. Opinions are belief based on anything including not factual. But don't tell me the sky is blue. In my opinion you didn't look out the window to see, but watched the weather forecast on Fox.

3 hours ago, IZRL said:

Also, hearing people say that in order to have an opinion about a topic, you have to be an expert. Is getting old and is complete malarkey. "You're not a biologist, how can you possibly believe you can tell me what a woman is?". Oh stop it....I don't have to be a mechanic to tell you that if my car doesn't start, there is something wrong with it.

I haven't and wouldn't ever have said that. You most certainly do not have to be an expert to have an opinion, in fact opinions by definition do not even need to be factual. They can be based on faith or experience or feelings if you want. At the same time they could also be true. Which brings us to now. Almost exclusively, everything said on Destruction, is only an opinion based on at best second hand information, usually 3rd or 4th or more. It's all brought to us electronically we certainly were not there to witness it.  

• Like 1
On 4/28/2024 at 5:59 PM, paradime said:

So it's only fair if they don't prosecute? Calm down, You missed the part about "when it comes to judging Trump's innocence, you and I have to agree to disagree." Trump is asking the SCOTUS to get him out of being tried for the crimes he was indicted of in NY, FL, GA, and DC. 

You flip out when I joke about JB sooting DT, but it's only funny if the shoe in on the other foot, so here ya go.

I think I know why Trump could shoot somebody and not lose voters. Because they deserved it ! 

• Like 1

I've been watching the reports on the pro-HAMAS,er,pro-Palestinian  protest

at Cal Poly Humboldt in Arcata,CA.,where so called "Students" are occupying one

of the buildings.They've vandalized the building as well as other crimes that they

don't want to take responsibility for.They seem to think that they can do whatever

they want to,& shouldn't be arrested or charged for breaking the law.

Sounds like there's a large amount of Police Officers from different parts of

the state heading their way.I hope they all get arrested,& have to clean up the messes

they've made.If so,there names should be posted,as well as where they're from,& if

they're students,or not.

They're also cowards,wearing face masks to hide their identities.

www.lostcoastoutpost.com

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Absolutely they do not. It's unbelievable what crap normal seeming people believe as truth. Why should I believe everything I'm told???????? because they say so???

Who said anything about believing everything anybody says? I don't believe everything the people I mostly agree with say and I don't disagree with everything the people who I mostly disagree with say.

The going trend here is. As long as I agree with it, it's true and shouldn't be questioned. If I don't agree with it than it's pawned off as hearsay. A leftist that agrees with some of the talking points from the right.  "Well....he's no expert". Two random rabid feminist snakes spewing hate on someone you dislike. "They're all facts".

• Like 3
4 hours ago, paradime said:

Maybe I should have used the sarcasm font? Although your reply is a bit overgeneralized, I get your point. I have 2 kids in college, one liberal leaning the other leans conservative. While they were in grade school, I gave then freedom to make mistakes, and I held them accountable with the voice of reason and the rod. I did my job well enough to have confidence in their ability to think before they act, and take responsibility for themselves. All I can ask for.

IMHO, many corporations are evil indeed. Their money controls our puppet government. The slave market economy they call capitalism might be VERY profitable for them, but it's VERY bad for hard working young folks fighting just to stay in the middle class. Not say'n they aren't morons, but wether we like it or not, these kids will be running the show soon. 

You must have done something right that both made it to college. As far as corporations? I am kind of neutral. Most of my paychecks came from the oilfield for the last 30 years and made life comfortable so I can't really bite the hand that literally feeds me. Currently the company I work for we are chartered by space x so my paycheck comes from Elon and I willingly send a good portion of it to Bazos via Amazon. My choice, I guess I could boycott both but I would be unemployed and not able to buy shit. Looks like I am just a cog in the wheel but I am good with it.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, angliagt said:

I've been watching the reports on the pro-HAMAS,er,pro-Palestinian  protest

at Cal Poly Humboldt in Arcata,CA.,where so called "Students" are occupying one

of the buildings.They've vandalized the building as well as other crimes that they

don't want to take responsibility for.They seem to think that they can do whatever

they want to,& shouldn't be arrested or charged for breaking the law.

Oh they're students all right. At Columbia they've already started suspending these jackasses. 

They're the most entitled most clueless group of kids in American history. At least prior generations knew there was the possibility of legal consequences. These airheads look like a deer in the headlights when they get cuffs put on them. "Wait, what's going on? Our professors have always praised and applauded our bad behavior. This is outrageous!!"

• Like 5
10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Someone shot at random deserves it? Saying that just goes to show what a fucking lunatic he really is. 

Why would Trump randomly shoot somebody ? Jesus. Pay attention to the part where I said "deserved it" Speaking of fucking lunatics.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

You must have done something right that both made it to college. As far as corporations? I am kind of neutral. Most of my paychecks came from the oilfield for the last 30 years and made life comfortable so I can't really bite the hand that literally feeds me. Currently the company I work for we are chartered by space x so my paycheck comes from Elon and I willingly send a good portion of it to Bazos via Amazon. My choice, I guess I could boycott both but I would be unemployed and not able to buy shit. Looks like I am just a cog in the wheel but I am good with it.

Corporations are what make the world go round. They make money, they're supposed to. We make money because of them. I never understood what the problem is. If you don't like them for what they are anybody with the desire and ability can start their own.

• Like 2

Indeed. While some are run by a human, as in family owned, many are like viruses. They exist only to make money for the stock holders, grow without any control, gobble up resources, cause environmental damage to surroundings, kill off any competition, virtually no morals/ethics/safety concerns, then move on and spread into other areas.

We don't all have the luxury of having a corporation so we work for them. Work for money to buy what we need. We have a choice to not buy from corporations we see as 'evil'. This has and does happen that it affects their precious bottom line or image and to protect it at all costs changes are made. Some even have an ethics officer to avoid problems.

1 hour ago, john510 said:

Why would Trump randomly shoot somebody ? Jesus. Pay attention to the part where I said "deserved it" Speaking of fucking lunatics.

He said he could! and wouldn't loose voters. Who but a lunatic would say such a thing? Why? You said because they deserved it....

11 hours ago, john510 said:

I think I know why Trump could shoot somebody and not lose voters. Because they deserved it ! 

So again random people shot by Trump deserved to be shot??? That's as fucked up as as Trump saying he could. You support this lunatic?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
18 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

He said he could! and wouldn't loose voters. Who but a lunatic would say such a thing? Why? You said because they deserved it....

So again random people shot by Trump deserved to be shot??? That's as fucked up as as Trump saying he could. You support this lunatic?

It's just a figure of speech

• Like 3

Saying  "I could shoot someone and not lose voters" Trump was talking about how blindly loyal his supporters are. Turns out, It wasn't just a figure of speech.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

To one degree or another, we're all cogs in that wheel. It's the fundamental component in any socialized civilization. The American Corporate Machine is embedded in huge multinational corporations, and financialinsitutions around the world. Corporate power is a necessary evil in open competition, but left unchecked, competition becomes collusion, and humanity has no value. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, paradime said:

Saying  "I could shoot someone and not lose voters" Trump was talking about how blindly loyal his supporters are. Turns out, It wasn't just a figure of speech.  

Still, what kind of person running for office would say such a thing? More to the point what kind of person would vote for someone who would say such a thing???

34 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Still, what kind of person running for office would say such a thing? More to the point what kind of person would vote for someone who would say such a thing???

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

You took that way too seriously. Somebody mentioned it was a figure of speech. Duh. Somebody that might deserve it would be a burglar breaking into your house, somebody trying to carjack you, a rapist etc. That might be tough to understand. I tried to explain it simple terms. Random people don't deserve to get shot, I have no idea where you get that from. I didn't mention random.

• Like 1

I was talking only about what Trump said. You said: "I think I know why Trump could shoot somebody and not lose voters. Because they deserved it ! "

Pretty sure if you were on 5th ave. and shot someone it would be random.

• Confused 1
22 hours ago, john510 said:

I think I know why Trump could shoot somebody and not lose voters.  

think I know why Trump could shoot somebody and not lose voters. If he shot himself, because he deserves it.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, paradime said:

And the Beatles are bigger than Jesus

• Like 1