6 hours ago, paradime said:

Seems strange these guys wouldn't want to talk politics with you when you're so open minded. <-- note sarcasm font.

Oh I'm open minded.To common sense,rational thinking and some logic.People like that don't want to talk because they have no defense for the way they think.You can point out their odd thinking and they just can't explain why they hate the policies the people they vote for support.Maybe you could try to make some sense of it for us ? My mind can be changed if you make a decent argument.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, john510 said:

Oh I'm open minded.To common sense,rational thinking and some logic.People like that don't want to talk because they have no defense for the way they think.You can point out their odd thinking and they just can't explain why they hate the policies the people they vote for support.Maybe you could try to make some sense of it for us ? My mind can be changed if you make a decent argument.

I'm not going to try and change your mind John, because I believe it's just a matter of conflicting perspectives. The "odd thinking" of these people might seem senseless and illogical to you, given your conservative perspective, and vice versa. You don't always toe the Republican line on all matters, and that too can be misconstrued as flawed thinking by some. You know my political perspective is unconventional, and that I've caught flack for it many times here. I do my best to explain what I see as the common sense logic of not taking a side and believing only in bias information that validates it. This creates intellectual gridlock on the single lane two-party highway we fight over. Not everyone wants to defend their political direction by ramming their car into yours to see who gets by. Some times it makes more sense for them to pull over and let you past so they can be on their way. Does that mean they're lazy and ignorant, or prudent and intelligent; who's to say. 

Here's what's held true for me for 30+ years "The more knowledge I have, the less I understand". I've found that with an objective perspective, you can see the rational logic and flawed reasoning on both sides, and still honor your personal values at the same time. I understand why intrenched politically "knowledgable" people might see this as wishy washy, senseless, and illogical woow woow shit. I have no appetite for the putrid feast of political red haring being served up by the maga vs woke media. It makes more sense for me to go politically off road to get where I'm going. Doing my own research might be harder terrain to navigate, but IMO it's the best way to stay informed. Also, because it's a hell of a lot more peaceful out here, it's easier to use critical thinking to understand what's going on, and adjust my path accordingly. 

• Like 2

I bet it's more likely that these people on both sides simply align with core/key issues that their side claims to represent, while ignoring the rest of the irrational.  They just won't admit it because people like to feel absolute about their positions.

• Like 3

There was an article on the local (Humboldt County,CA) about

Guy Fiere talking to Donald Trump - NO information or details on what

they were talking about.This was at a social function.

Anyway,it was predictable to read the comments after the article.

Most are hard-core Left Wingers,& they were OUTRAGED! One commenter

said that he'd never buy anything associated with Fiere.

Any time anyone posts anything with Trump's name in it they get offended

& defensive,yet tell the rest of us that we need to be "Tolerent" of their point of views.

You can see this at -

http://kymkemp.com/2023/7/11/

• Like 2
13 hours ago, angliagt said:

There was an article on the local (Humboldt County,CA) about

Guy Fiere talking to Donald Trump - NO information or details on what

they were talking about.This was at a social function.

Anyway,it was predictable to read the comments after the article.

Most are hard-core Left Wingers,& they were OUTRAGED! One commenter

said that he'd never buy anything associated with Fiere.

Any time anyone posts anything with Trump's name in it they get offended

& defensive,yet tell the rest of us that we need to be "Tolerent" of their point of views.

You can see this at -

http://kymkemp.com/2023/7/11/

And that's the problem with these left wing lunatics.If you associate with Trump for any reason at all they got offended.Over what ? 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, paradime said:

I'm not going to try and change your mind John, because I believe it's just a matter of conflicting perspectives. The "odd thinking" of these people might seem senseless and illogical to you, given your conservative perspective, and vice versa. You don't always toe the Republican line on all matters, and that too can be misconstrued as flawed thinking by some. You know my political perspective is unconventional, and that I've caught flack for it many times here. I do my best to explain what I see as the common sense logic of not taking a side and believing only in bias information that validates it. This creates intellectual gridlock on the single lane two-party highway we fight over. Not everyone wants to defend their political direction by ramming their car into yours to see who gets by. Some times it makes more sense for them to pull over and let you past so they can be on their way. Does that mean they're lazy and ignorant, or prudent and intelligent; who's to say. 

Here's what's held true for me for 30+ years "The more knowledge I have, the less I understand". I've found that with an objective perspective, you can see the rational logic and flawed reasoning on both sides, and still honor your personal values at the same time. I understand why intrenched politically "knowledgable" people might see this as wishy washy, senseless, and illogical woow woow shit. I have no appetite for the putrid feast of political red haring being served up by the maga vs woke media. It makes more sense for me to go politically off road to get where I'm going. Doing my own research might be harder terrain to navigate, but IMO it's the best way to stay informed. Also, because it's a hell of a lot more peaceful out here, it's easier to use critical thinking to understand what's going on, and adjust my path accordingly. 

I'm not asking you to change my mind.What I'm trying to comprehend is people that bitch about the very things they dislike (policies of the left) and then continue to vote for those very policies because "I'm a Democrat" If somebody on the right starts coming up with ridiculous policies that affect or harm my personal life I sure as hell aren't voting for them.The thing is IMO the left comes up with far more radical nonsense than the right.Is that a bias if I see it that way ? What kind of people support legalizing crime,an unsecure border or the legalization of hard drugs ? Why vote for that in a civilized society ? I will say the abortion issue should have been left alone,it was fine the way it was.I don't even know who got that ball rolling and back to the Supreme Court.About radical policies,can you give me some examples of this from the right ? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, john510 said:

I'm not asking you to change my mind.What I'm trying to comprehend is people that bitch about the very things they dislike (policies of the left) and then continue to vote for those very policies because "I'm a Democrat" If somebody on the right starts coming up with ridiculous policies that affect or harm my personal life I sure as hell aren't voting for them.The thing is IMO the left comes up with far more radical nonsense than the right.Is that a bias if I see it that way ? What kind of people support legalizing crime,an unsecure border or the legalization of hard drugs ? Why vote for that in a civilized society ? I will say the abortion issue should have been left alone,it was fine the way it was.I don't even know who got that ball rolling and back to the Supreme Court.About radical policies,can you give me some examples of this from the right ? 

Didn't you say "My mind can be changed if you make a decent argument." I think it's fair to say that the way you see things is bias toward conservative principles and ideology. Pointing to some ding bat radical Dem proposals for "legalizing crime, an unsecure border, or the legalization of hard drugs doesn't make it a "Democratic policy". Smells like bias political red haring to me. Dems do exactly the same thing, and I'm sure if I go digging around I can find plenty of ding bat radical Rep proposals. What's the point of fighting over who's fish is stinkiest when everyone's gone nose blind to theirs?

Did you stop voting Republican after the Supreme Right Court abortion case? No party is perfect, so it's posable to disagree with some things and still vote for the ideology and principles of that party. It should be a huge leap from disagreement to demonization, but with all the hyperbolic rhetoric, there's not even a line any more. Truth be damned in the Information Age, so don't believe the hype.   

2 minutes ago, paradime said:

Didn't you say "My mind can be changed if you make a decent argument." I think it's fair to say that the way you see things is bias toward conservative principles and ideology. Pointing to some ding bat radical Dem proposals for "legalizing crime, an unsecure border, or the legalization of hard drugs doesn't make it a "Democratic policy". Smells like bias political red haring to me. Dems do exactly the same thing, and I'm sure if I go digging around I can find plenty of ding bat radical Rep proposals. What's the point of fighting over who's fish is stinkiest when everyone's gone nose blind to theirs?

Did you stop voting Republican after the Supreme Right Court abortion case? No party is perfect, so it's posable to disagree with some things and still vote for the ideology and principles of that party. It should be a huge leap from disagreement to demonization, but with all the hyperbolic rhetoric, there's not even a line any more. Truth be damned in the Information Age, so don't believe the hype.   

Those dingbat radical Dem proposals ARE NOT proposals anymore.It's already happened.Don't believe the hype ? These leftist policies aren't hype,they're real with real results.We're seeing them daily.You can't blame it on Republicans,they're fighting it but losing.It's not political bias it's policy bias.I know you remember there was a time when most politicians (both sides) were in agreement that crime,drug,and an open border were bad for society.The Republican party didn't change that thinking.It has nothing to do with conservative principles.It has to do with morals and respect for the human race.What makes a leftist believe it's ok to steal and get away with it ? If the right were pushing what the left pushes I would have no part of it.Find us a ding bat radical proposal from the right.Maybe something completely crazy like showing an ID to vote ? LOL.Change my mind.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, paradime said:

Wait, who's blaming here? LOL I'm going to play myopic rhetorical bumper cars with you. Let me know when your mind is open for discussion. 

So you're having trouble finding some radical policy from the right ? It should be easy.I'm all ears.Google "radical right wing policies" I just did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

C'mon give it up. Next you'll be arguing the 'real' definition of what radical means. I already stated that there are only two parties to choose from, three if you count not voting. Having chosen, you have indicated your support for the bad with it. (no way around this) If you don't support the 'radical bad' policies then you shouldn't have voted.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

C'mon give it up. Next you'll be arguing the 'real' definition of what radical means. I already stated that there are only two parties to choose from, three if you count not voting. Having chosen, you have indicated your support for the bad with it. (no way around this) If you don't support the 'radical bad' policies then you shouldn't have voted.

Bullshit - you dont have to agree with the bad to vote, you vote and attempt to correct the bad withing that party. If you abstain because neither party does exactly as you wish you are just another sheep waiting for people like Trudeau or Xi to tell you what you should do or not do.

• Like 1

Bullshit???? lol. Can an opinion really be wrong or bullshit??? I said indicate your support. It's inescapable, the bad comes with the good. Who changes from within? In theory I guess you could but you would become everything the public detests. You would have to become a politician. I bet almost every politician begins with high moral standards. When you vote for a party it gives them the go ahead on their bad policies too, it tells them they are on the right course and the voters agree with them. Well fuck all politicians, fuck all parties, fuck Trudeau and fuck everything.

3 hours ago, john510 said:

So you're having trouble finding some radical policy from the right ? It should be easy.I'm all ears.Google "radical right wing policies" I just did.

Do you really think Democrats are the only brainwashed sheeple voting in America? Here's something I'm having trouble comprehending. How can the right condemn Biden for being a criminal, yet even if Trump's convicted, most Republicans say they'll vote for their criminal. It's because they love their alfa #1 radical Republican. Maybe you can stop pointing fingers and see the hypocrisy there.

Repealing Roe v Wade, book banning, stonewalling common sense gun reform, Super PAC money from Citizens United, corporate welfare/deregulation, tax cuts for the wealthy, prayer in public schools, global warming denial, and a general culture of anti science are policies that many republican's don't agree with, but they still vote the party line. Maybe you can stop pointing fingers and see the hypocrisy there. All the media red haring BS does is draw the public's eye of the big fish's mouth.  

Hey Mike, sorry we had a fight in your bash liberals party. 

7 hours ago, paradime said:

Do you really think Democrats are the only brainwashed sheeple voting in America? Here's something I'm having trouble comprehending. How can the right condemn Biden for being a criminal, yet even if Trump's convicted, most Republicans say they'll vote for their criminal. It's because they love their alfa #1 radical Republican. Maybe you can stop pointing fingers and see the hypocrisy there.

Repealing Roe v Wade, book banning, stonewalling common sense gun reform, Super PAC money from Citizens United, corporate welfare/deregulation, tax cuts for the wealthy, prayer in public schools, global warming denial, and a general culture of anti science are policies that many republican's don't agree with, but they still vote the party line. Maybe you can stop pointing fingers and see the hypocrisy there. All the media red haring BS does is draw the public's eye of the big fish's mouth.  

I asked for radical.Book banning ? LOL do you know what it is they're trying to keep out of school libraries ? Playboy magazine is rated "G" compared to some of the stuff they want to keep out of schools.

Edited by john510
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, paradime said:

Got to be one of the top 5 lines ever typed on Ratsun....if you hear it in your head sounding like Forrest Gump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, john510 said:

I asked for radical book banning ? LOL do you know what it is they're trying to keep out of school libraries ? Playboy magazine is rated "G" compared to some of the stuff they want to keep out of schools.

Age appropriate materials is not book banning.  No body is saying they can't be published or read.

Not to mention, if any party has proven itself "anti-science" in the last few years, it definitely the party of "masks forever" and " a man can be a woman if he/she wants".  (Disclaimer:  Not a biologist but took it in school and actually understood it).

Paradime, don't be so supposedly neutral you can't even visualize the arguments or discern bad/false from good.  That's just falling for the "don't say gay" trap laid by some.

Edited by iceman510
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, iceman510 said:

Age appropriate materials is not book banning.  No body is saying they can't be published or read.

Not to mention, if any party has proven itself "anti-science" in the last few years, it definitely the party of "masks forever" and " a man can be a woman if he/she wants".  (Disclaimer:  Not a biologist but took it in school and actually understood it).

Paradime, don't be so supposedly neutral you can't even visualize the arguments or discern bad/false from good.  That's just falling for the "don't say gay" trap laid by some.

Neutral doesn't mean I have my eyes closed. You must have missed the part where I told John I'd play myopic rhetorical bumper cars with him. I'm playing the punching bag counterpart in the argument. 

27 minutes ago, iceman510 said:

Declines in civilizations begin with gender blendering, open homosexuality, loss of representation by voters, degradation of the environment, flouting of laws and ridiculing the police/authorities, civil unrest that is not addressed, laxer ineffective laws passed replacing tried and true ones, loss of family values, celebrities opinions accepted as expert testimony, extreme pining for 'the good 'ol days' of the past....

• Like 6