!! CANCELED!! WILL BE RESCHEDULED 14th ANNUAL MARCH 15th, 2020. DATSUN NIPPON CAR SWAPMEET -Eagle Rock recreational center parking lot

BLUEBIRDSSS

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/3/2020 at 12:31 AM, Eomund said:

Do i need to be a vendor to show my 521? Would love to come. I havent driven my truck that far. But i drive her 120 miles a day. She can do it.

Ah and show ponies only? Shes a little rough but a solid truck.

I have went to the November meet a few times and I can guarantee your Datsun will be more than excepted .. One thing is show up very early.. like almost the day before early  lol.. and talk to as many people as possible,,, and the creepier looking the more likely you Will smile almost all day.. 

im looking at you dhp123 ,, . haha 

• Like 1
On 3/2/2020 at 8:36 AM, hosestop@msn.com said:

https://imgur.com/k3Pepn2 https://imgur.com/iapFNJg  SS. Brake hose kits rear disc mods, one piece SS.  clutch conversion hoses , any hose needs write and I will bring to swap .

Do you have any SS front hose sets? My car (1969 510 2dr sedan) has the SS lines on the rear, need them for the front only.

Best,

Greg

On 6/22/2018 at 12:41 AM, BLUEBIRDSSS said:

DATE: March15th, 2020 TIME:7am-2pm

ADDRESS: 1100 Eagle Vista Drive ,Los Angeles, CA 90041

Vendors: $30 EACH parking space. SHOW CARS $8 dollars entry that includes 1 car and driver . passenger or walk ins $3 dollars.

Vendors: EXTRA parking spaces are $30 EACH so 2 spaces $60 and 3 spaces $90 so plan accordingly

FIRST COME.... FIRST PARKED.....EVERYTHING MUST BE PARKED BY 8AM (tow rigs or trailers must be in by 7am no exceptions)

place your event card on your dash so it can be seen by an event staff.

we had almost 50 vendors last time so you will have to park in the assigned space. if you disagree with the assigned space, (remember first come first park) and give attitude you will be asked to leave.

this event has grown and the space has not so, now all cars that have not paid in the show will have to park outside. I'm there at 4:30 am so you can get there early and get a good spot. if towing a vehicle you MUST contact me to get a secure spot. no cars on trailers after 8am.

If you are a vendor and show up late you will have to unload your vehicle and park your car outside no exceptions unless clear by Jose Santos

!!VENDORS!! NEW RULES if you do not have your money upfront to pay for your vendor spot you will be asked to leave your california I.D. with me. you will get your I.D. back when you can pay for your spot. thank you 

NO BAD ATTITUDES, NO BURNOUTS, NO ALCOHOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have FUN and THANK YOU!!!

for more information please contact jose santos at (323)972-3737 or email bluebirdsss@netzero.net

Z PARTS call Ranman  916-496-7750

510 parts call the 510keeper James at 530-575-0911

Is it still gonna happen even with all the Corona virus scare?

Total bummer! I looked forward to seeing everybody & hopefully finding all the replacement parts I need due to a fallen tree. Finger's crossed for July!!!

DON'T SPREAD PANIC OR FEAR. USE COMMON SENSE & PRACTICE UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS...😷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

even with no swap i have some pre sales on parts people need so i will be making the drive early Saturday 

i will be in la habra area in the afternoon and returning to Bakersfield for a 1 night stay to keep costs down 

my number is in the add if you have a specific part you need i can bring it 

i wont be digging through the parts trailer unless i know i have something worth digging for 

I will see a few people Saturday for your pre sale parts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

even with no swap i have some pre sales on parts people need so i will be making the drive early Saturday 

i will be in la habra area in the afternoon and returning to Bakersfield for a 1 night stay to keep costs down 

my number is in the add if you have a specific part you need i can bring it 

i wont be digging through the parts trailer unless i know i have something worth digging for 

I will see a few people Saturday for your pre sale parts 

I’m looking for headers for a lb20 any tips 

12 hours ago, Lonewolf1990 said:

I’m looking for headers for a lb20 any tips 

Top End Performance 

21613 Marilla  St

Chatsworth, CA 91311

818-764-1901

This is where I get my headers from. He’s about 40 miles from San Gabriel. 
Ask for Steve. 

• Like 1

I live in Washington State where we get a lot of rain, I have never gotten more than 3 years out of them Top End Performance headers before I had to remove it and cut it open, fix where the 4 tubes come together, and then weld the end back on, I did this to 3 or 4 headers from that company, in my searches I found a HOOKER long tube header(Wrecking yard/made out of better material) made for what I believe to be a 620 but I don't know for sure, that did fit my work truck(521/LZ23), I also found a very thick/heavy metal shorty header that has never been used yet, and I still have a Top End Performance header(shorty), The last time I had the work truck apart I removed the header that was on it and I replaced it with an earlier L16 exhaust manifold(smog shit removed), I did not notice any performance loss, and the engine is slightly quieter, I have Dual SUs so it is still noisy.

I do not regret getting away from the headers, they were always rusting out where the 4 tubes come together on the inside, I suspect that was because the rain water would get in where the 4 tubes come together on the outside and rust thru, in 20 years I likely went thru 5 or 6 of them headers as I would buy them in the wrecking yards used, buy them on craigslist, buy them on ebay when the price was reasonable(under $200.00), I bought the nice shorty(new/not made by Top End Performance) at Canby, and once I bought one direct from Top End Performance(again under $200.00), I have never in my life had to replace a stock L16 exhaust manifold, all my L block powered vehicles have L16 exhaust manifolds now.

I have a Top End Performance header that has never been used I will sell for $200.00 plus shipping, but I ground the flange to clear a Z22 block with a L head on it(trial fit), I never had an issue with any leaks when I did that in the past as my work truck has had an LZ23 in it for close to 9 years now, PM me if your interested.