slodat's 620 KC

slodat

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slo,

Paul is probably spinning in his grave right now. Sorry about the truck. I hope that little pinhead has to walk for the duration of the winter for pulling a move like that. Too bad, that front end was straight as a pin. I dig the upgrades you got planned for her. Make sure she is done by Blue Lake as I will definately be down for that and quite possibly Canby too. There was a 620 in the Mt Hood wrecking yard that was straight but I think it didn't survive when they did their annual crush in October. I have to go up that way next week to pick up some tools so I will check and let you know. Good luck with State Farm. Don't let them total her out and stick to your guns. I don't know which is worse, insurance adjuster or 16 yo drivers.

Mike S

aka exit64

former caretaker of Blue

Damn it! Well, at least you predicted correctly and had the sence to get the hell out of the way. Widh I had let all the other idiots on the freeway go and just stick to my 50 MPH. Maybe mine would have come out a lot better.

Maybe just give the kid a $3-4 hundred dollor total and call it good. No sence in scaring your record for some dumbass kid and his "drivers ed teacher". Besides, would hate to see what Farmers has to say.

State Farm is great. We are both insured with them. My agent, who knows me well, called this morning to make sure I had the claim number, etc. She said "that's not your fault. I'm glad you are ok. They will fix it, I promise. Don't worry, it doesn't count against you."

I have a little bit of faith, at least right now. I have photos of before. I want it back to how I bought it.

State Farm sent me to a local body shop to get an estimate. They refused to do the estimate because they "knew" State Farm would total the truck. Called State Farm back. They sent the claim to an adjuster who will come out and look at the truck and make a determination. They said I won't loose my truck and it is probable the truck will be totaled. Nothing I can do to change it. What a waste of an afternoon..

I have a deep hate for insurance companys pretty much all forms of insurance companys.They gotcha buy the balls and they know it! I have heard that some of the classic car insurance places are decent but I'm uncertain if your 620 is old enough to qualify I know I will be able to get my goon covered. I dunno if their insurance coverage is better than anywhere else but the do appraise the car and usually take into accout mods and total value invested. My old mans got this on his 69 mach 1

Maybe just give the kid a $3-4 hundred dollor total and call it good. No sence in scaring your record for some dumbass kid and his "drivers ed teacher". Besides, would hate to see what Farmers has to say.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Don't make me say it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beyond bummed. I got a call from the total loss guy at State Farm. The long and short of it is. They will give me $590 and I lose the truck or $215 and I can keep it. They base it on the value. He was a jerk. There's no fucking way I'm going to put a bunch of money in this truck when a fender bender totals it. It will pretty much stay looking the way it does and just be a driver, as is.

I was in this same sitiation with state farm a couple of years ago. I told them that i disagreed with their market value numbers, and they told me to provide them with comparable, local ads for other trucks. I provided them with several, and even a few that weren't comparable(nicer than mine) and ended up with a check for over $1100 after i got to keep the truck.

I also submitted a couple from ebay, and do you remember the blue one from canby a couple of years ago that he wanted like 5k for, yup, submitted that one too. All the ads had to have contact info for the seller so they could verify it.

I might even still have all the ads and the numbers of what they valued mine at a couple years ago if that gives you leverage with them. Call me if you can use those papers.

Now we all need to put a truck on craigslist at crazy prices so steve can print them out.

Good luck steve.

They just bashed the shit out of the truck in their vehicle valuation report. He said it has rust all over the place, interior is shot, etc and it's only worth $500.

Dude I know exactly what you mean! If you grabbed your neck when you got out you would have got 10k but instead we are honest and we get fucked! All we want is our datto repaired properly, they pulled the same crap one me, on thing I would do over is sue the owner of the other vehicle but since you are on the same insurance it might not work. Then it goes back to how much time it will take vs. how much more money you will get. They tried to say my classic was worth 1200 bucks!!! BS!! I just kept asking for there superior and got my up to 1900 bucks :D My theory was its like ATandT if you call in over 50 times they cancel your plan because you are costing there company to much. If I called them enough they would fold and give me a fair deal, which 1900 wasn't bad but I shouldn't have to fight to get what it's worth, even though IMO the car is worth 3k. It still is totaled but I could care less.

If the insurance agent is a chick treat her nice and all that shit, get her in the sack, treat her like a whore and when you're done tell her all the problems with her that make the experience worth less than a burger and fries off the dollar menu at McDonald's... When shes in tears ask her if shes got change for a buck and kick one of her shoes under the bed as shes getting dressed.:fu: Ill bet you a junior cheeseburger she leaves without it.

Seriously though, don't take their offer, leave the claim open, and tell them why their appraisal is incorrect. Show them others in worse condition for more money, and then tell them what it would take to put them in the condition of yours bad paint and all. You're not going to get what you want but you will get more than $500. They might even let you have it with a clear title. In the end though a branded title on a documented accident such as this wouldnt bother me much if I were buying a 620.

Worst case scenario, check on OEM replacement parts if you can find them and use that as a basis for your claim. Dont exaggerate and show proof and come up with a number before labor, then give them the quote with labor and find a number somewhere in the middle.

Also when my 78 GMC got totaled (hit by an uninsured drunk while it was parked, hard enough to snap 1/4 inch square tube bumper and rip the shackle hanger off the frame... dudes car landed 1/2 block away on its roof) they tried to offer me a few hundred for it, I told them to piss off nicely and told them why it was worth more and to get an agent out there who knew what they were looking at and that until then they could wait. It took more than 3 months but I ended up getting $3500... which is the number that I told them that I wouldnt settle for less than in the first place. They want to close this deal and it costs them money every time they deal with it.

When this is all said and done you should check and see if you can still get USAA. Theyre still an insurance company but Ive noticed that even though I still get fucked its not quite as bad.

Good Luck, and Ive got a new repop valence sitting in my garage that you can make an offer on but in all honesty, yours is easily fixable and would be nicer when finished.

No shit? I was gonna call them tommorow about a refinance. Hmmmm......

USAA is easily the biggest group of fucking con artists on the planet. I have an open claim with them for over $15k, 4 years old. Still fighting them.

Really???? Some fucking tool broke into my truck while I was home on leave between bases. Stole my uniforms and my change collection... Left a brand new 8274 winch ($1200) and two boxes FULL of Snap On tools ($$$ quit counting) and a ton of other shit. They paid out as soon as I gave them the police report number. It was only around 2 grand but they didn't ask for receipts or anything.

With my truck though they did try and tell me that my no insurance coverage didn't go into effect until the day after the accident happened and that they were investigating whether or not I was actually covered or not. There was a bunch of hemming and hawing and I finally told them I was sick of talking to them and to give me a call back when they figured out that I was covered. Everything moved pretty quick back to the normal back and forth bullshit after that. I also kept notes of everything that was said and who I talked to and blah blah blah, I called BS every time they contradicted themselves and gave names, times and dates.

I also asked them if it was really necessary to get a lawyer to represent me in which case they would pay more in the long run and I would get less, I mentioned too that I didn't really want to look for a new insurance company and bank...

Edited by mike

Fight those assholes...When my bus was totaled they tried that shit...only worth $500. I got $1250 after 'negotiating' and producing receipts for parts that were destroyed.

Insurance = state mandated racketeering...bastards.