slodat's 620 KC

slodat

i dont know if this will help you now.......when my impala was hit i was friends with razz auto body in hillsboro and had him deal with the insuance guy he told him that a 63 four door impala with a 327 was not all that common and the insurance payed to have it fixed and did not total it

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the insurance agent is a chick treat her nice and all that shit, get her in the sack, treat her like a whore and when you're done tell her all the problems with her that make the experience worth less than a burger and fries off the dollar menu at McDonald's... When shes in tears ask her if shes got change for a buck and kick one of her shoes under the bed as shes getting dressed.:fu: Ill bet you a junior cheeseburger she leaves without it.

Seriously though, don't take their offer, leave the claim open, and tell them why their appraisal is incorrect. They want to close this deal and it costs them money every time they deal with it.

i did that w/a AAA adjuster(& a trainee). youd owe me a double-double, i got both shoes and a bra :lol: ...and it wasnt even my car :lol:

7 years ... To settle the claim.

we only get 2 years. much better.

i used the full 2 years to fight when my ex was the middle car and they only wanted to pay for the R damage. ended up getting more than i originally asked for and they payed 75% for the F.

my son was in the car and found out later i could have prolonged any injury claim until he was 18 (2 at the time)

Some progress today. Talked to the previous guys supervisor. He said the original valuation didn't take into account that the truck is a king cab. So, he offered me $500. I politely objected and explained the truck has 109,000 miles, I'm the 2nd owner, it is a very reliable daily driver and despite the cosmetic issues with the truck, it is a very solid rig. I also said there's no way you can buy a running, driving, late 620 KC for under a grand. He said he would look into it further for me.

In other news, I just ordered a few things from Rock Auto for when the engine comes out - new timing set, head gasket kit and motor mounts. Plan is to pull the engine and transmission. Pull the engine apart and re-seal everything, new head gasket, new timing set, valve stem seals, oil pan gasket - all that stuff so it doesn't leak any oil. It's also getting a new daiken clutch..

Well.. I just signed the damn insurance paperwork to total my truck. They valued it at $1000 after a lot of back and forth. I get $850, and of course I'm keeping the truck. I'm putting the money into the truck. I'm still really bummed it got hit in the first place.

I'm close to finishing my current project at work. So, I will hopefully be home for a week soon to get the engine out and all re-sealed. The truck desperately needs new exhaust. I bought that sweet setup that was for sale here on ratsun for the exhaust manifold and downpipe. Then down to see Lee at A-1 Muffler for 2" exhaust.

I have some parts coming from Nissan too. I got a set of the outside window squeegees. I also have the wiper delay setup to put in. All of these things make for a nice driver.

2eDeYe;119488'']Nice should cover coilovers all around :D

No coil overs for the KC. Turned down torsion bars and modified lower arms for more suspension travel.

Window squeegies huh? how much were they? cheaper than the $160/pair ones on egay?

I didn't buy them on ebay.

Was that the truck with the dogleg?

Never had a truck with a dogleg. I have one coming out of my 510.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new engine for the KC on the engine stand tonight. It came in my 521. Pulled the valve cover. Everything looks good. It will be going in the KC as soon as I finish the 510 work in the next couple days.

DSCF0286.JPG

The plan is to install the engine with the following:

• Balanced flywheel w/new Daiken/Exedy 225mm clutch.
  • Redline MTL in the transmission.
  • New fuel pump
  • New water pump (already on the engine).
  • L16 intake and exhaust manifolds. No vacuum leaks!!
  • Saturn alternator.
  • New hoses.

i am 0n the fence ab0ut the redline

Why's that?

I think I'll run MT-90 in both the KC and the 510 transmission.

From Redline's website re: MT-90:

MT-90

Popular in Nissan, Toyota and Mazda manual transmissions and transaxles as well as other selected applications, this is a 75W90 GL-4 Gear Oil that

Edited by slodat

I love this part!:D Having the motor on the stand and getting it ready to put in the truck. I have noticed lately in other threads people putting in motors and neglecting to paint the exhaust mani. I dont know if you have considered this or not but it sure makes a difference when you take the time to clean the mani and paint it. I use "FACTORY MANIFOLD GRAY" High Temp Coating by POR 15. You can get it from NAPA. Its easy to put on and a little goes a long way. I have also used "Stove Bright" Fireplace paint you can get at any hardware store. Just a suggestion if you already have not thought about it:D

ProjeKtWhitey011.jpg[/img]

Actually, for the time being, I am getting things in the truck to get it running. Once the setup has a few miles on it and I know I have no leaks, it will all come out for some detailing and paint.

I'm with you on taking care of the exhaust manifold though. This is the exhaust manifold going in my 510 this week:

DSCF0299.JPG

It is Cerma-Chrome coating. I got it done at Finish Line Coatings in Milwaukee, OR for $115. I had the both sealing surfaces of the manifold surfaced by a machine shop prior to having it coated. It has new studs and brass nuts. I doubt I'll put that much money into the one for the KC. It is being surfaced as we speak. I'll probably just sand blast it and install it on the truck.

I got my sand blast cabinet up and running today. So, the exhaust manifold will get blasted tomorrow. I'm hoping to find the POR-15 exhaust paint in the morning. The engine is pretty well ready for the truck. It will get done as soon as the 510 is back on the road, which should be tomorrow.

I had the L16 intake manifold's mating surfaces done up at the machine shop. I want zero leaks with this engine. It is a true daily driver and I don't want to mess with stupid crap on it. It's looking good. I'm ready for the truck to finally be a smooth driver.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...