slodat's 620 KC

slodat

Thanks Kevin!

The wide band O2 has really helped with the tuning. The truck runs good now. Air/Fuel ratios are back in an acceptable range and drivability is much improved.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That 65 primary idle is exactly where i think that mine needs to be, mine is a 60 right now. Need to order the 65.

Need to go look at what air's i have right now too, but i am pretty sure that they are the same as yours.

Do you know what emulsion tubes you are running?

Of course I wrote them down!

idle jets - 65 / 55

main - 145 / 140

air corrector - 160 / 165

dang i wish i had a real weber. will weber jets fit a motorcraft weber wannabe carb? id like to find the jet size charts for the weber and the motorcraft so i can jet it accordingly.

Made progress on the truck interior today. There was some rust that needed to be addressed on the passenger side. I think I fixed the very small leak that was allowing the moisture in. I mounted up a twist wire wheel to my 4.5" grinder and got all the loose stuff off. Then three coats of POR-15.

DSCF0477.JPG

Next up - new kick panels. This photo shows the panel board mocked up with proper panel clips. The stock setup has a small plastic pin going through the panel. Mine will be covered and I didn't want anything sticking out the top.

DSCF0479.JPG

The panel is currently drying. I'll get it all trimmed and sewn up tomorrow. Once the paint is 100% dry, I'll lay down the sound deadening and begin the carpet.

3 coats of por is a lot of por lol, that panel is looking really nice too.

Agreed. Their instructions recommend 2 or 3 coats. I had already poured that much into my working container. It went on well. I had a box fan on it all day. It was dry/tacky to the touch tonight. I don't want any issues under my sound deadening mat.

I'm excited about the kick panels, door panels, well all of it!

No I hear ya, I did 2 coats on like everything I could. Once it's in the work container and the brush is wet you might as well use it, only going to go to waste otherwise.

Do you wear gloves? No matter what I do I end up with it on me.

Do you wear gloves? No matter what I do I end up with it on me.

Yes I wear gloves. Today, I wore normal street clothes. Not a single drop on me :D

I went through a half dozen or so pairs of gloves..

Well you had that nice little section in the open lol, no fair.

When I was doing my undercarriage I got specs all over my face like a retard. Takes like a week for that stuff to work itself off. :mad:

For normal skin I use a pumice stone to get it off but on my face I was screwed.

My windshield seal is leaking. I have a replacement.

I finished installing the sound deadening on the floor. Two layers 120mil on the front. It is crazy how different the inside of the truck is. Nice and quiet. Easily have a conversation at 70mph - no yelling.

DSCF0487.JPG

DSCF0485.JPG

My windshield seal is leaking. I have a replacement.

I finished installing the sound deadening on the floor. Two layers 120mil on the front. It is crazy how different the inside of the truck is. Nice and quiet. Easily have a conversation at 70mph - no yelling.

DSCF0487.JPG

DSCF0485.JPG

looks like so e-dead?

Doesn't it make you want to do more? It's like every little thing adds up. I want to try the rubber door seal that Napa sells that clips on were the welting is on the door frame. That plus the factory door seal should really quite things up. Are you planning on running any sort of padding in-between the sound deadening and the carpet?

Looks great Steve!!!!

Doesn't it make you want to do more? It's like every little thing adds up. I want to try the rubber door seal that Napa sells that clips on were the welting is on the door frame. That plus the factory door seal should really quite things up. Are you planning on running any sort of padding in-between the sound deadening and the carpet?

Looks great Steve!!!!

Thanks for the kind words Iceman! I don't plan to put any padding or jute under the carpet. No need for it. My door seals are in good shape. The window felts are new. I don't really have much noise in the truck anymore. Not a single rattle - even with the subwoofers going nuts.

I'm off to the shop to finish making patterns and get the carpet all sewn up for POTD on Sunday!