Datsuns in movies...............

Probably not I just want to see the car go to somebody who will appreciate it and it will be around. How many cars get to be part of something like that? it was just some rusty thing that barely ran and now its been seen by probably 100 million people all over the world. I think ive seen just as many people and heard from as many who talk about the car just as much as the actors in the movie. I was on the crew that built the time machine thats in the film and nobody ever says anything about it. But is you google "dastun safety not guaranteed" all this stuff shows up. So thats why when the director said,  keep the car and try to do something with it but dont change how it looks, I knew what he was sayin. Its like the freakin batmobile...just rustier, but as much of a star as the actors.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4043741567.html

maybe itll find a home, maybe itll just sit in storage until i have funds to do something with it.

Don't take it in a bad way that a member said goodbye we get so many one time members that try to sell there datsun and post there links all over the forum when all they have to do is use the classified section, we love to see people's datsuns but also keep them and love them as much as we all do there pretty simple to fix if you compare them to other cars. There's not a lot to them to get them running and driving again, its always nice to see a datsun in movies we had a few other members datsuns in movies too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id love to fix it up but i dont know squat about datsuns. 

You've come to the right place. If there is something you want to know, post up a thread in the Z car section. You might start with an introduction of yourself and the Z. People here are very helpful and love to see and help new members getting their Datsuns into tip top shape. :)

You've come to the right place. If there is something you want to know, post up a thread in the Z car section. You might start with an introduction of yourself and the Z. People here are very helpful and love to see and help new members getting their Datsuns into tip top shape. :)

Well introductions, Im a machinist and fabricator out on Vashon Island, I like old cars, old women, and knitting. I have a soft spot for pre WW2 Jazz and like to bake quiches. Some of thats true but Ill let you pick and choose what...I realy am a metal worker though. Im running a waterjet while i type this. I got wrapped up in doing movies after a friend needed a mock jet engine built for a prop. I used to tool around in a 510 and 710 wagons when i was younger and had a 77 pickup for a short period of time...dont remember the model... I like this car as a signifigant piece of my history with things ive done with my life. As far as my involvment with it goes. I picked it up after the art director say it on craigslist. I wnet to go see it in yakima and was like holy hell this is a piece of shit. I then thought about the character and the nature of the film, and then i drove it and was like holy shit this is like an old euro sports car...I like it!! so after buying it i drive it back from yakima to seattle over the pass with no brakes, no headlights, i had to hot wire it, and no wipers. we got it back to the studio and i had only 3 days to get it fixed and on set with a budget of $300 and had to work on it outside. New exhaust, brake pads and rewiring the lights, ignition and wipers. It was barely running so i baby sat it the whole filming and became known as the datsun mastrer because i was the only one who could get it to run and drive. This was on top of being a set builder, prop builder, and dealing with 4 other vehicles. it was truly acting like a movie star in the sense that unless you catered to its every whim and babied it, it would be a bitchy little bastard and not want to act.  So after the filiming it sat for 2 years until it was almost about to get impounded and they called me and said here take this. the one condition is it has to look the same as it did in the film and they wanted to know where it ends up. So im thinkin great wtf am i going to with a basket case 280Z i dont have time or money to fix this thing...and so here i am....

• Like 2

ok well somebody wants to buy the car for $1000, which is tempting just to get it somewhere, and ive got emails out to a few places that deal with movie props and collectables so we shal see what happens. Wish i had the time to mess with it and drive it but alas its too much for me to deal with right now and i dont have anywhere to store it that it wont just rot away more.

• Like 1

ok well somebody wants to buy the car for $1000, which is tempting just to get it somewhere, and ive got emails out to a few places that deal with movie props and collectables so we shal see what happens. Wish i had the time to mess with it and drive it but alas its too much for me to deal with right now and i dont have anywhere to store it that it wont just rot away more.

Be sure to hang out even after it's sold. There's a lot of great information here and I'd bet you've got a whole lot to contribute as well. And I'd bet dimes to donuts you'll pick up another Datsun pretty soon anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...

well nobodys bought the car yet. and the girl whos garage its being kept in and has a huge crush on aubrey plaza informed me that she is going to take seductive pics of herself scantily clad if even clad on the hood and send them to aubrey. doubt thatll work. i contacted a few auction houses that deal in movie stuff and they said the movie and the car arent significant enough for them to give a shit about. so plan x...since the body is shot but it still runs im gonna do something with the drivetrain and get rid of the rest of the car....not really sure what to do with the drive train yet....maybe build a rat rod?

ok go make a build thread then and stop bumping datsuns in movies to just talk about how u didn't sell your Datsun that was in a movie...your best plan is to drop it, flair it ,  and drive the shit out of it ... but since your suggesting rat rod well then kindly .... :bye:

ok go make a build thread then and stop bumping datsuns in movies to just talk about how u didn't sell your Datsun that was in a movie...your best plan is to drop it, flair it ,  and drive the shit out of it ... but since your suggesting rat rod well then kindly .... :bye:

well since thats the attitude im getting from the datsun community i think ill just set it on fire and roll it off a cliff. you wannna drive???

well since thats the attitude im getting from the datsun community i think ill just set it on fire and roll it off a cliff. you wannna drive???

done it and lived .... majorly disappointing...but thanks and besides ,  z cars aren't really my thing :w00t:  :poke:

Gotta have tough skin around here pet19821 we are sarcastic motherfuckers here.

Gotta have tough skin around here, we are all sarcastic motherfuckers. No need to get butt hurt just write in the correct section when you were told to do its not very hard.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...