A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

I'll definitely post my opinion of it when I get it....

In the thread "my new 521" brother's posted a link to the guys facebook... 

Hes got a couple rare items hes doing...

Glove box insert, some knobs, heater ducts,  this boot and various other little items not just for datsun... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The dude seems to know what he is doing and at the same time a great service to us 521 guys.  Hell he is the only I know doing any kind of 3d printing for 521s for profit.  All the other guys are 1 off things here and there.  He seems legit.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, d.p said:

The dude seems to know what he is doing and at the same time a great service to us 521 guys.  Hell he is the only I know doing any kind of 3d printing for 521s for profit.  All the other guys are 1 off things here and there.  He seems legit.  

Prices are beyond fair.... I think hes got the glovebox inserts for sale on ebay for $85..... 

I need one of those but I have to redo my electrical before I bother buying that, although I probably should buy it while they are available...I pulled alot of my wiring In from the engine bay and that kind of takes up that location right now....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d.p said:

I saw that 1 left though.  

Well he actually made a few more so he has more than just the one....

I text him and had him add a glovebox insert to what I ordered to save on the shipping cost....

I know if I waited I would have missed the opportunity,  even if I dont get it installed right away I'll have it available..

Also good motivation to clean up the wiring....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Well he actually made a few more so he has more than just the one....

I text him and had him add a glovebox insert to what I ordered to save on the shipping cost....

I know if I waited I would have missed the opportunity,  even if I dont get it installed right away I'll have it available..

Also good motivation to clean up the wiring....

Agreed man.  I can't even count how many times waiting for a better price has caused me to miss something completely.   

• Like 1
1 minute ago, d.p said:

Agreed man.  I can't even count how many times waiting for a better price has caused me to miss something completely.   

I tend to do better when I just commit to it.... I've bought a couple parts that I needed and never see available for purchase and then once I do I see 2 or 3 being sold....

Not much you can do, but for the price I couldn't pass up this opportunity....

I probably should have asked before I bought the insert but is the bottom of the box flat on the inside or does it tilt down some?

Just wondering if I'll have to lower my ac or not.... 

Thinking about it I should be ok, I know greaser did the same ac, I think he still has a glove box installed but I'm not sure... 

Oh well I'll make it fit If I have to....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, d.p said:

That’s because most people can’t afford a 3D printer that’s worth it. I think ours was around $50k. The smaller “hobby” machines have come a long way, but their materials are limited, and their print accuracy isn’t great.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1

I got my parts in today from that guy on Facebook....

Glove box seems good and solid, nothing to compare it to and currently i have stuff where the glove box would go so I cant test fit it right now... 

20200727-161051.jpg

As for the heater boot .... I am very impressed... its definitely a rubber and seem to be a perfect match... 

20200727-160910.jpg

Also happened to find a metal trim on the old boot so that was lucky.... 

Thanks Charlie....

20200727-160923.jpg

I tried to test fit it but it's too damn hot today....  it's a tight fit between the heater box top and the fresh air inlet, so I may have to loosen the bolts to get it on easily.... not sure , didnt wanna mess it up being impatient...

The oval shape seems right and the shape to the metal bracket was correct so I'm confident it will fit proper... 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, d.p said:

Yeah its been hot as shit down here.  27 days of 90+ or some fucking nonsense heatwave.  

Ya this years seems a bit worse than last, if it's not hot as hell out its pouring rain, that too has been insane lately... .... I'm really glad I got my ac or I wouldn't be driving the datsun right now... 

• Like 2

I want to put this up too....

https://ebay.com/usr/jakanderso97

For those who do not do Facebook this is a link to the ebay page of the guy from Facebook,  he has a few different items for sale that he doesn't have up on ebay.... I just sent him a message through ebay to make contact and was able to text him directly for what I wanted....

• Like 2
9 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

Excited to see how well his heater boots fit and glovebox goes. 

The heater knobs he makes and heater vents are fuckin mint 👌

I'll let everyone know.... hopefully I'll get the boot in by the weekend.... 

It will be a while for the glove box...

I did also mention the windshield wiper motor firewall boot... seeing if maybe he could do that .... I was going to donate my old rotten one but I think I threw it out.... 

Seems like hes willing to produce what people need if we can give him something to prototype off of...

• Like 3

Well daily driving the datsun has taken it toll on my turn signal switch....

After a bunch of checking I found this ...

20200730-163908.jpg

The switch is actually in poor shape, so I guess it's time to find a new one....

For the time being I did this....

20200730-170757.jpg

Left button left turn

Right button right turn....

Might not be the ideal way but it will let me keep driving till I can find a new one ..

• Like 2
Just now, Charlie69 said:

What shade tree did you get that idea from?  LOL

That's right out of my own mind... 

It's a scary place....

Tried to put up a want ad but something went wrong there..... I'll have to try that again later... 

Not finding much online .... I'll probably take the switch off the column this weekend and see if I can so anything with it.... I had to rebuild the high beam plate that was made out of the same stuff that broke... but that had a nice solid brass plate .... the turn signal part has a little more going on....