A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

9 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

A guy stopped me last weekend while I was mowing my lawn.  Wanted to know what I wanted for my 521.  Told him it wasnt for sale 3 times.  Finally, I told him 20k.  He scoffed and said he could get several for that price.  I told him that was the point.  And none would be mine.  He was nice enough but oblivious.  

I would never pay $20K for a 521 and I doubt anyone else would either.  Anyone know what the highest a 521 has sold for in all these years?  

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, d.p said:

I would never pay $20K for a 521 and I doubt anyone else would either.  Anyone know what the highest a 521 has sold for in all these years?  

That was kinda my point.  For 20k, I could get over my sentimental attachment to my lovely death trap and get another 521 and some other stuff.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mrbigtanker said:

And so people have said for years they would not pay over 5K for a 510 2 door, now they are selling for up to 52K. Some one will spend the money if they want. I believe the silver stepside 521 that Bory guy did was about 30K or more, in case your wondering.

before my time but you do have a point.  It seems like the entry price for some classic  cars gets too high so people move onto something else IE 510s.  Then rinse and repeat when that entry price gets too high. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d.p said:

before my time but you do have a point.  It seems like the entry price for some classic  cars gets too high so people move onto something else IE 510s.  Then rinse and repeat when that entry price gets too high. 

Mini trucks will always have a special place for most period. But as they get rare and parts fall off and so fourth the Trucks will come around. Look at classic Toyota's they go for 15K plus already and that's the 80's model. Ive seen up to 30K.

• Like 2

I've seen early '80s Toyota mini trucks sell for $50k, but that's the exception to the rule. The more stock, the more their worth.

I just sold my '83 with hundreds of hours of fabrication and a 3RZ swap for $10k, but that was a buddy deal and a "buy it now" price, meaning I don't ever want to see it again. If it doesn't pass smog, tough shit.

So yeah, I think that heavily modified vehicles will always be worth less than their original counterparts, but with Datsuns and Toyotas there seems to be a middle ground. Period correct mods bring more money than a bone stocker.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I've seen early '80s Toyota mini trucks sell for $50k, but that's the exception to the rule. The more stock, the more their worth.

I just sold my '83 with hundreds of hours of fabrication and a 3RZ swap for $10k, but that was a buddy deal and a "buy it now" price, meaning I don't ever want to see it again. If it doesn't pass smog, tough shit.

So yeah, I think that heavily modified vehicles will always be worth less than their original counterparts, but with Datsuns and Toyotas there seems to be a middle ground. Period correct mods bring more money than a bone stocker.

I should get one millioonnnnnnnn dollarssss for mine.

• Like 3

Ill take $ 3k for mine if I really want to get rid of it.  Yes lots a waves ,cool truck ,kids love it. Thumbs up ect…….

$1500 when Im totally done with it(worn out!) reality is I have to work on it all the time as things break or wear out constanly. where the average new owner would be in back yard in 6 months rotting

521.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Ill take $ 3k for mine if I really want to get rid of it.  Yes lots a waves ,cool truck ,kids love it. Thumbs up ect…….

$1500 when Im totally done with it(worn out!) reality is I have to work on it all the time as things break or wear out constanly. where the average new owner would be in back yard in 6 months rotting

521.jpg

IS that your truck, that is worth way more then 3000.00.

• Like 3

Finally got my steering wheel in....

When I opened up the package I was a little surprised..... 

20200821-150209.jpg

Definitely didnt pay for a momo....

Inside ....

20200821-145304.jpg

My guess is it's a knock off,  any way dont really care, it feels nice and looks good.....

Also purchase a "flashpower" brand short steering wheel adapter...

Quality seems good really good.....

20200821-145832.jpg

20200821-145839.jpg

Also has the pins for the turn signal cancellation.....

Going on vacation for a few days so I'll have to wait till next Friday to install it....

Can't wait to finally have a proper working steering wheel and turn signal setup ...

• Like 2

I guess I couldn't wait.....

20200821-190214.jpg

Small gap but not bad....

20200821-190206.jpg

It was a little tight.... 

I had to grind the tip of the steering column about an 1/8 inch because the back side of the horn button was touching so the steering wheel wouldn't sit flush ....

Now the horn and turn signal cancellation work.... 

• Like 1