• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, demo243 said:

Got a link to that adapter?

looks nicer then the cheapo I used on the 620...

Found it on ebay but bought off Amazon ....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQV9CM1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sBuqFbYY5SPVG

I dont know if they make a longer one, I wanted it short,  and I got a flat steering wheel.... I didnt want the wheel any closer to me than the old one was, the reach for me was perfect....

Actually just took the truck out for a drive and the new wheel feels nice... it has some cushion where your hands go, old one was hard as a rock after all these years...  and also I went from  a 12"" to a 14" steering wheel.... I dont know how to explain it but the extra diameter does help to turn the wheels...

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Found it on ebay but bought off Amazon ....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQV9CM1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sBuqFbYY5SPVG

I dont know if they make a longer one, I wanted it short,  and I got a flat steering wheel.... I didnt want the wheel any closer to me than the old one was, the reach for me was perfect....

Actually just took the truck out for a drive and the new wheel feels nice... it has some cushion where your hands go, old one was hard as a rock after all these years...  and also I went from  a 12"" to a 14" steering wheel.... I dont know how to explain it but the extra diameter does help to turn the wheels...

yea need a short one for the truck too—- these cabs are small hahahh

• Like 1

Well back home to reality....

The trailer I used to take the kayaks with us actually has been taking up half my garage work space lately... it had a couple atvs on it also .... I used the opportunity to unfortunately part way with 1 of my atvs for now and my sons soon ( small 50cc).  That will go to another friends son, he has the land to let him use it, i dont have access to our riding spot any more... so we are just moving on to the next fun idea....

Any how with the trailer out of the garage I have been trying to clean up and organize.... 

In the process I started this with some of the parts I'll never use again.....

20200826-192852.jpg

Not really sure what I'm going to add to it.... I might try to stack the parts to make it look like a cutaway motor or something... maybe make it more abstract I dont really know yet..... I might have a few more parts to add to it....

Maybe the wife would want to do some art work for me.....  

• Like 3

I have a corner in my shop for antique tools, oil cans and related shop stuff. It is set up to look like it would have if the tools were being used 100 years ago.

If you keep adding to it, just make it look natural. Don't get all weird with your leftovers.

You could make something out of them though. Here's a pic of an art piece I made for my parents garden. I used only things I found, hence the name Junkyard Racer.

IMG_2927.jpg

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I have a corner in my shop for antique tools, oil cans and related shop stuff. It is set up to look like it would have if the tools were being used 100 years ago.

If you keep adding to it, just make it look natural. Don't get all weird with your leftovers.

You could make something out of them though. Here's a pic of an art piece I made for my parents garden. I used only things I found, hence the name Junkyard Racer.

IMG_2927.jpg

I like that.... 

I have seen crazy art pieces made from old motorcycle and car parts.....

Just collecting the parts now..

I would prefer it to look natural.....

• Like 2

So apparently I put the steering wheel on wrong..... I had the cancellation pins in the wrong spot.... they were canceling the turn signal with only small movements of the wheel.....

So I rotated everything 90 degrees so now the cancellation pins are at the top and bottom not on the left and right side of the steering wheel..... this worked much better..

• Like 2

Of course it's never that easy, had to open all the holes 1/32.

Here you can see old vs new

20200829-085514.jpg

All new...

20200829-140252.jpg

These switches are nice they came with a screw on rubber cap too.... they also have a much nice feel when you actually toggle them,  goes to show you even on the little things quality matters....

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Almost forgot I broke this in the process of moving the steering wheel....

20200829-174405.jpg

In my defense it was already broke, previous repair failed, use some gorilla glue and reassembled...

Those pieces are so brittle... been meaning to try and make something to cover the column on the 620...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mainer311 said:

This is where 3D prints really come in handy. I made the entire column cover for my roadster with two clam-shell pieces and captured nuts.

I would love to have a 3d printer, mill and lathe in my garage..... unfortunately not gonna happen.... no room....

• Like 2