A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

Wayno unfortunate no room for a garden shed, we have a small property.... it's a duplex my wifes mom owns.... we live in half....

There is a huge garage outback.... 

6 bays 10x20 each..

My mother in law, wife and her sister each park in one.... the 4th is technically our garden shed storage..... that's actually where I have had them hidden for while.... had to finally move them...

That left me with 2, I pulled down a wall to give me a 20x20 area to park my datsun and work in... that's all I get for space, plus a little storage in the basement..... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

You can only ride one at a time!!! LOL

Sad part is I haven't ridden any motorcycles in 10 years...

My son wants the cruiser.... 

The black bike is just garage art now, it does run but would need a bit of love... 

The other is going to hopefully be a project... I'd like to build a 3 wheel with the motor and rear wheel.... or something like that.... 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

At least you have a purpose for the bikes

It's what I tell myself to justify keeping them, I just parted with our 3 atvs, so I'm not willing to part with anything else right now.... my wife was even trying to talk me into getting rid of my trailer but I know I'll regret that...

• Like 2

Next step in garage clean up....

After I dont know how many years I finally cut the hole to install a door....

20200926-121356.jpg

Year ago I walled up one of the garage bay double doors, at the time I was smart enough to frame it for a standard door... the idea was to gain interior space while also retaining heat and a/c better.... also gave me a good place to mount the electrical panel when we ran power out there.. next I am building a couple basic work benches to fit the space I'm left with... for now I got the door installed and bought some wood to make the benches....

20200926-161434.jpg

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 3

I do not believe that garage is connected to the house as he says it don't have power, well legal plug in's and the like is what he likely meant, I just use extension cords myself, I have a lot of extension cords.

It's just a garage/out building, my dad and me built a garage in the early 70s, it had a dirt floor, the owners of that property just tore that garage down in the past year, it made it almost 50 years, the house is close to 140 years old.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

I'm a finish carpenter, just giving you a hard time.  It was a joke, but now it's devolving.  If my dad was still around I'd give him a hard time about my mom's leaky doors 

Go fix your moms doors!  What kind of son are you to let your moms doors leak!  LOL

Edited by Charlie69
18 minutes ago, DanielC said:

I think Thisismatt, being a finish carpenter should go to Crash420's home, and should "finish carpenter" the door. 

Matt, I am pretty sure the air in Massachusetts is cleaner than the air in California.

🙄

14 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Go fix your moms doors!  What kind of son are you to let your moms doors leak!  LOL

I'm a terrible person, obviously, as evidenced here.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, wayno said:

I do not believe that garage is connected to the house as he says it don't have power, well legal plug in's and the like is what he likely meant, I just use extension cords myself, I have a lot of extension cords.

It's just a garage/out building, my dad and me built a garage in the early 70s, it had a dirt floor, the owners of that property just tore that garage down in the past year, it made it almost 50 years, the house is close to 140 years old.

It's not attached to the house at all but it does have power .... I got that done a while back....  and our house is all of 100 years old, the garages use to be a carriage barn.... 

9 hours ago, thisismatt said:

I'm a finish carpenter, just giving you a hard time.  It was a joke, but now it's devolving.  If my dad was still around I'd give him a hard time about my mom's leaky doors 

Ya I have no clue about carpentry as you can obviously tell, luckily the door is under an over hang....

I would like to make the wall look like the rest of the garage just haven't figured that out yet..... 

Did a little work to the truck in the last few days..... 

I have still been feeling some vibration at times but I dont think it's my driveline.... I did an experiment on Monday, I put the rear on jack stands and got the truck running up to speed where I normally feel it and it felt rather smooth... I did find one front wheel had a little wiggle so I snugged the axle nut up and corrected that.... still need to explore that more but atleast I'm making improvements....

Next up was my drivers side window, unfortunately it's always been kind of tight going up and down since installing the felt... I had hoped after some use it would get better but it hasn't.. in fact I almost messed up the regulator.... 

Luckily I was able to fix up the regulator and i ended up shaving some of the felt off with a razor. I suspect the door is a bit tweaked because I did not have the same issue on the passenger side... 

Lastly I decided to change out my spark plugs.. the other day I made a second gear pull to around 6000 or so rpm.... the engine was not happy with that move, not sure why but it started missing for a little and then kind of cleared up..... plugs still look good with a good color.... these were purchased of Amazon before I ever heard of them being counterfeited so that might be something... The new set was bought at the parts stop.... 

20201001-063525.jpg

These are b6es-11,  I was running regular b6es before but decided to use the -11 for the wider factory gap... 

I'm trying out a set of b7es-11 after doing some reading which was saying to go 1 step colder for every 1 step increase in compression.... I'm not sure if this is true or not because the guy that helped me break in my motor said to just run what the motor originally called for....

Well I dont have points or 8.5 compression anymore. Since I have the electronic ignition I can use the wider gap, technically I should be using a b8es-11 for my compression but I'm just going to try the 7 heat range for now since I really don't have a clue if this will help or not. I even went through the effort of indexing my plugs to place the ground strap in the optimum location....

• Like 1

After I first got my Weber installed, I switched to B7ES when I was trying to correct the overly lean condition. In hindsight, I don't think that had anything to do with it, but I left them in and it's been running fine ever since. They say that too cold of a plug will prevent carbon from burning off properly, but if it's only one step in the heat range, I don't think you'll notice much. I agree with the compression/heat range that you mentioned. I think the same applies for turbocharged cars. 

• Like 2