• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK the Ratsun donation was not made, and still hasn't been made. But it was a promised donation, not owed. But at the same time I'm sure Jeff would be delighted to put it towards funding the Ratsun website.

Seems to me it was only 'promised' to Ratsun after Al was outed for not passing the draw money on to the school in a timely (8 months later) manner and the proverbial chickens were coming home to roost. If Jrock hadn't bought the truck, I fear there would have been no donation money whatever. Which begs the question... where was the original draw money that was collected from ticket sales and to be donated to the school?? Between Canby '15 and Feb '16 where was the draw money entrusted to Al? or where did the money go? Was it to buy the truck back from Rick (a misuse of funds and not at all what the money was intended for) to flip and sell at a higher price to J rock? If so, this is an outrage. Not only should there be no impropriety.... there should be no appearance of impropriety. Follow the money.

The Ratsun 'donation' (have to stop calling it a donation as it yet doesn't exist) was apparently a  $500 smoke and mirrors deflection, a distraction which turns out to have cost him, well .... nothing at all to promise. It's fine with me, you can't miss something you never had. It is... what it is.

• Like 3

AFAIK the Ratsun donation was not made, and still hasn't been made. But it was a promised donation, not owed. But at the same time I'm sure Jeff would be delighted to put it towards funding the Ratsun website.

Seems to me it was only 'promised' to Ratsun after Al was outed for not passing the draw money on to the school in a timely (8 months later) manner and the proverbial chickens were coming home to roost. If Jrock hadn't bought the truck, I fear there would have been no donation money whatever. Which begs the question... where was the original draw money that was collected from ticket sales and to be donated to the school?? Between Canby '15 and Feb '16 where was the draw money entrusted to Al? or where did the money go? Was it to buy the truck back from Rick (a misuse of funds and not at all what the money was intended for) to flip and sell at a higher price to J rock? If so, this is an outrage. Not only should there be no impropriety.... there should be no appearance of impropriety. Follow the money.

The Ratsun 'donation' (have to stop calling it a donation as it yet doesn't exist) was apparently a  $500 smoke and mirrors deflection, a distraction which turns out to have cost him, well .... nothing at all to promise. It's fine with me, you can't miss something you never had. It is... what it is.

Thank-you, another voice of reason.

• Like 2

So $3,750 from the raffle, minus $600 to buy back from Rick is $3,150. Maybe this was Al's money so the original amount may still be $3,750.  Using the raffle money to buy the truck back is just wrong.

Truck sold to Jrock for $5,200??? Was that the amount? So $3,750 (maybe $3,150) plus $5,200 is $8,950 (or $8,350) minus the $3,250 finally donated to the school. This leaves $5,700 (or $5,100 if Al used the raffle money to by the truck from Rick)

That's $5,100 to $5,700 left over and I don't know where it is or where it went. If I missed some other legitimate expense, say so.  

• Like 1

Well I suppose once the raffle is done and money collected that's it. If afterwards Al saw a chance to get it back for a paltry $600 maybe he did so. If he then flipped it for $5,200 he made out like a bandit.

It would seem to me to be rather self serving, as the whole premise of the truck build was to raffle it off and donate the money not turn a $4,600 profit for yourself.

• Like 1

I know he was, still is dealing with medical bills, i know its not the right way of doing things, but there's that to factor, and i understand its not an excuse, just throwing that in the equation, people do get desperate when those bills start rolling in, my uncle's are dealing with that on fixed income from their retirement, luckiky my aunt responded well to chemotherapy and stopped her colon cancer, cancer gone but bills continue to roll in :(

Well I suppose once the raffle is done and money collected that's it. If afterwards Al saw a chance to get it back for a paltry $600 maybe he did so. If he then flipped it for $5,200 he made out like a bandit.

It would seem to me to be rather self serving, as the whole premise of the truck build was to raffle it off and donate the money not turn a $4,600 profit for yourself.

This right here is what bugs me the most. Even if you do have medical bills rolling in, its not a good enough excuse. I'm sure we've all at one point in time to pay for operations or surgery's in the past and got creative to make ends meet. I know i have, but i did berate people, belittle them and profit off of the good will of others. And if those medical bills were a concern of mine i wouldn't have been throwing parties or getting custom graffics for my vehicle's and showing them off.

The other thing is that doesn't makeuch sense unless he is the all mighty him self or super man. According to folks he was telling them he had cancer. Well if you know anyone who has had any treatment for this stuff, it is a life altering disease. You dont just go about your ways, drinking, and partying. If you wrre receiving chemo, it takes everything you have to keep upright. I've witnessed good friends go through this, as im sure most of us have. Any one remember paul puppy? Man was huge and ripped, dude would pull engines out of datsuns by hand. And we saw him withered down . Al showed no signs of this. So what kind of person is he if he lied about having cancer? That's unfortunately a common scam in todays society but only by the lowest of low scum of the earth.

Ethics.

• Like 3

Where was the money for 8 months? and not just the raffle ticket sales... what about cash donations towards the build?  Flipping for personal profit? Is this what the build and effort was for? Datslocos, you got screwed as well, and by a member, and your name was on it.

• Like 1

Wow, such huge revelations on Al's character, the handling of the raffle, and the aftermath of the resale are in this thread.  Oh...wait...nope none of this info is a revelation it's merely another rehash of old news that's been covered prior.

It's now even more understood that deals with Al are not recommended due to his being untrustworthy.  As if that point hadn't already been driven home with a 10 ton sledge already.

Are you really hoping for some sort of closure from Al to suddenly appear as a post here on Ratsun?  What is your true end game with all this continuous rambling about how unethical Al is?

I hate to break it to you but Al coming on here and making some sort of highly detailed explanation with an Excel spreadsheet tracking all the funds whereabouts during the time period between the build of the truck and the eventual donation to the school isn't likely.  You may just have to settle for the realization everyone involved got screwed in some way and that now that everyone knows, they've been warned to not deal with Al. 

Walk away as an adult knowing you, and most other Ratsun members, have better ethics than Al and you've done your due diligence to warn the community.  I'm by no means excusing the actions of Al as they've been presented here on Ratsun, I'm just seeing this topic get covered, then brought up again, and then rehashed one more time for no new gain or closure.

Or, just keep pissing into the wind a soaking yourself for no good reason other than the sake of bitching.

• Like 2

So $3,750 from the raffle, minus $600 to buy back from Rick is $3,150. Maybe this was Al's money so the original amount may still be $3,750.  Using the raffle money to buy the truck back is just wrong.

Truck sold to Jrock for $5,200??? Was that the amount? So $3,750 (maybe $3,150) plus $5,200 is $8,950 (or $8,350) minus the $3,250 finally donated to the school. This leaves $5,700 (or $5,100 if Al used the raffle money to by the truck from Rick)

That's $5,100 to $5,700 left over and I don't know where it is or where it went. If I missed some other legitimate expense, say so.  

the numbers man lays it out there ... 

Yes 100.00 to the PayPal page and 150.00 to busta nut for the engine build. I will never do this shit again.

lol the motor is the strongest part... i promise when i never sell this i will refund u your money plus interest boss man ... the 454ss needs to eat 

best internet post ever 

i build datsuns ... I am the Micheal Jordan of pissing in the wind 

• Like 1