No one hardly ever complains or gives credit when things go right. Sometimes they do, but generally things going right is the intent of a deal by two honest people. When things go wrong there is always or nearly always something said and finger pointing. Seems to me that Al has had his share of fingers pointed at him in the last couple of years. In the Canby truck build thread and in Jrock's Can't be build thread there were a staggering amount of inconsistencies about where the money went and what happened to all the donated parts. Eventually he couldn't fast talk his way around all the questions asked and he stopped posting here. I imagine he is getting roasted over at NWD right now and eventually will have no where to go. 

THIS THIS THIS THIS ^^^^^^  

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no space for a build at home, I wanted a truck, he offered space, I got the truck and building it in said space, what's the fucking issue?????

Thank you for your offer, but driving 4hrs to work on it won't cut it, I do appreciate your hospitality though.

And I love trolling Ted due to his massive boner for Albert. That is all.

This is my last post on this subject because I want it to be know publicly here.

After it was made so clearly that Tim(Izzo) was not happy with the trade made for my 620 for his 521 I suggested that we untrade trade back and be done with it. He said he didn't want to do that and that he's either going to sell the 620 or fix it. I made the offer, he said he doesn't want it, I'm moving forward on fixing the truck to sell it as I planned to do originally. I was under the impression that he understood the state of the floor and windshield, and I also thought that it was going there with Chevy rallies and good tires, which it did, but Tim wanted to hold on to the tires and wheels, as I was told, that where on his 521 so the shitty rollers which are shown in the pictures above were put on. Also the motor that is in the truck had a brand new Weber installed on it  and was running fine the night before it left, but I definitely don't stand behind that motor because it was not my contribution to the trade. I've offered to give him my personal front cover gasket and seal kit and the full kc floor sheet metal that I drilled out at the spot welds to use as a replacement for the truck when it was mine. He received a replacement windshield with the truck as well.

The truck Tim received in trade was not perfect and neither is the truck that I, as partial owner, received. With that said both truck have great potential and I think Tim is leaving out details about the good attributes the truck has and only focusing on the bad issue to help his point. 

Lastly, just to be clear this is not a justification for any misleadings about the state of the truck. Tim said he wanted a driver, the truck was not a driver. Period. And I understand his frustration. I'm frustrated too

• Like 3

This, this is how one handles this situation gracefully, and correctly.

Make a few posts of your actual interaction with the person in question as a warning to others, then make the conscious, resolute decision to either reach an agreeable form of settlement or learn from it and walk away.

Not under the guise of "protecting the community" by continually make third party posts bitching, moaning, and complaining about bad deals you aren't nor have ever been a part of, and when it starts to drop off, grab your spoon and stir it up to the top again.

If the pot isn't stirred once in a while how are current and future members to know any better? Post a sticky???

So, it gets nice a quiet and this thread falls down the page 6 months, and then someone posts that he got the bad end of a deal? Sort of what's happened with izzo right now.... and then there's half a dozen saying "Oh yeah don't deal with Al, didn't you know? sorry about how you got screwed" Does after the fact info really help the Datsun community?

If the pot isn't stirred once in a while how are current and future members to know any better? Post a sticky???

So, it gets nice a quiet and this thread falls down the page 6 months, and then someone posts that he got the bad end of a deal? Sort of what's happened with izzo right now.... and then there's half a dozen saying "Oh yeah don't deal with Al, didn't you know? sorry about how you got screwed" Does after the fact info really help the Datsun community?

You of all people know the answer to this Mike, as you point it out to people posting old heavily covered questions all the time.  It could be on page 60, it would still be found.  But, yes, stickied would be better, even better stickied at the top of a new forum section within the classifieds that is set up for this exact kind of research into dealings with people within the Datsun world.  This is how most other forums deal with this sort of thing.  People should be responsible for doing their own research, for all things.

Google search with the ratsun parameters, or just a forum search.  His name has been mentioned many times in this thread, and the others.  Hell his phone number is even posted in one of them.  If it is actually supposed to be some sort of a warning about dealing with him then at least change the thread title to be on topic and add as many forms of his name, or identifiable business names etc., as keywords in at least one post.  I know this particular thread wasn't necessarily started by you as the warning thread but once Ted highjacked it for that purpose and you were agreeable to it the title should have been changed to reflect the threads new purpose.  Or, if Ted was actually looking to be the concerned citizen he claims to be, he would have stuck to his own thread about it and followed the above suggestions.

This kind of thing is just handled so much better on so many other forums it's sad to see it handled in such a bumblefuck manner here by one of the older forums on the web for Datsuns, with a community of members who actually understand what the word community means.  And I say that with true respect for this forum and it's members, all of them.

• Like 1

This is like a small town, most the residents know about Al now, but when someone moves to town or is a part time resident, I don't think that they should have to go to the library and research who not to deal with in that town or the town down the road either, it just needs to be talked about all the time, like Bills Datsun, when any of us residents hear his name we react, the same should happen here about Al, this should not be hidden somewhere down at the library in a special section just for this kind of thing.

• Like 4

You of all people know the answer to this Mike, as you point it out to people posting old heavily covered questions all the time.  It could be on page 60, it would still be found.  But, yes, stickied would be better, even better stickied at the top of a new forum section within the classifieds that is set up for this exact kind of research into dealings with people within the Datsun world.  This is how most other forums deal with this sort of thing.  People should be responsible for doing their own research, for all things.

Google search with the ratsun parameters, or just a forum search.  His name has been mentioned many times in this thread, and the others.  Hell his phone number is even posted in one of them.  If it is actually supposed to be some sort of a warning about dealing with him then at least change the thread title to be on topic and add as many forms of his name, or identifiable business names etc., as keywords in at least one post.  I know this particular thread wasn't necessarily started by you as the warning thread but once Ted highjacked it for that purpose and you were agreeable to it the title should have been changed to reflect the threads new purpose.  Or, if Ted was actually looking to be the concerned citizen he claims to be, he would have stuck to his own thread about it and followed the above suggestions.

This kind of thing is just handled so much better on so many other forums it's sad to see it handled in such a bumblefuck manner here by one of the older forums on the web for Datsuns, with a community of members who actually understand what the word community means.  And I say that with true respect for this forum and it's members, all of them.

I believe my thread was locked, sooo here i am.

• Like 2

Seems to me a sticky and closing this thread is sweeping things under the rug so no one has to deal with this sort of behavior by another enthusiast. Sort of like a pedophile clergyman.  A sticky in the classifieds would only apply (maybe) to those using the classifieds (who read stickys) and Al doesn't sell things there that I know of anyway. This wouldn't help people dealing with him privately. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

• Like 1

When I am close to doing business with someone, I generally look them up, and ask people who might know them. This is not to say I have any issue with posting these stories because it helps, but if you are going to do business people, asking around is a great habit

• Like 1

I have no space for a build at home, I wanted a truck, he offered space, I got the truck and building it in said space, what's the fucking issue?????

Thank you for your offer, but driving 4hrs to work on it won't cut it, I do appreciate your hospitality though.

And I love trolling Ted due to his massive boner for Albert. That is all.

even though i come across as a dick its just how i am .. very direct and brash and passionate... doesn't mean if al was broke down and i drove by i would not stop to help ... he might have to hear a rash of shi while i help him out but i would do that same to anyone... same goes for any member ... maybe not celica guy he tripped me out at blue lake ...ted is passionate cause he likes the community and help people also ... hes a great asset he hates seeing people taken ... u just got love ted he is very accurate in his portrayal ... and has cool parts ...

This is my last post on this subject because I want it to be know publicly here.

After it was made so clearly that Tim(Izzo) was not happy with the trade made for my 620 for his 521 I suggested that we untrade trade back and be done with it. He said he didn't want to do that and that he's either going to sell the 620 or fix it. I made the offer, he said he doesn't want it, I'm moving forward on fixing the truck to sell it as I planned to do originally. I was under the impression that he understood the state of the floor and windshield, and I also thought that it was going there with Chevy rallies and good tires, which it did, but Tim wanted to hold on to the tires and wheels, as I was told, that where on his 521 so the shitty rollers which are shown in the pictures above were put on. Also the motor that is in the truck had a brand new Weber installed on it  and was running fine the night before it left, but I definitely don't stand behind that motor because it was not my contribution to the trade. I've offered to give him my personal front cover gasket and seal kit and the full kc floor sheet metal that I drilled out at the spot welds to use as a replacement for the truck when it was mine. He received a replacement windshield with the truck as well.

The truck Tim received in trade was not perfect and neither is the truck that I, as partial owner, received. With that said both truck have great potential and I think Tim is leaving out details about the good attributes the truck has and only focusing on the bad issue to help his point. 

Lastly, just to be clear this is not a justification for any misleadings about the state of the truck. Tim said he wanted a driver, the truck was not a driver. Period. And I understand his frustration. I'm frustrated too

I commend you on standing behind your end ... most would wash their hands of this and just be done ... i can understand the frustration too ... part of what bothered me so much about the cantby truck was all of the sudden after helping a "friend " out 6 people were calling and emailing asking wheres the money ... we never got it ... for me thats lame cause i dont want to be drawn into something i had nothing to deal with ... so i can understand you frustration of being pulled into something ... 

Funny how Al is also the name of the owner at shady California Datsun.  Coincidence? I think not :sneaky:

didn't that guy die recently ?

• Like 2

When I am close to doing business with someone, I generally look them up, and ask people who might know them. This is not to say I have any issue with posting these stories because it helps, but if you are going to do business people, asking around is a great habit

dont google me lol 

Is this true?

This is true.

He posted the date, people bitched because out of towners could only go to one or the other. He switched the date to the same day so people could go to both. A bunch of other people bitched.

Also the date for the location was booked for a wedding for the weekend before and after.

So with that, feel free to form your opinions. I am not defending the decision and I had no say in the matter. But I do know how it played out.

Hogie

What good details? Look. The truck was advertised as done and ready to drive. And it's not. It's that simple. He did deliver it. The truck has some cool things to it. I have credit where it's due. I listed everything wrong with that 521 that I knew about. I didn't want him to have any surprises with the truck. No the 521 isn't perfect. Never advertised it to be. I'm fact, I try and focus on the bad. Just so it was clear. Same with the blue b210 I sold Josh. I kept telling him what was wrong with it. Just so he knew.

Hogie idk what you think is going on here. This was never towards you. And shit I didn't even know this was being traded with you until I talked to you. Albert had said he was going to keep the 521. Not until I talked to you did I even know I trades with you. After sitting and thinking about it...

Anyways. Hogie. You're welcome to say what you like about it. I posted what happened.and I said many times this isn't even toward you.

Yes. You did offer and so did alBert to trade vehicles back. I declined. I took responsibility for this too. I should of checked the truck out before accepting it as a trade. I know better than just take something without looking it over. I'm not having Albert or anyone else spend hundreda of dollars in gas to trade back. I accepted the truck. It wasn't was I was told it was. I posted about it and left it at that.

The only reason I came back. Is to post up that Albert and I have been talking since. Truck should of been done and what I was told it was. It wasn't. He was trying to make right and throw me parts and such. I chose to come here and post about it. Even after doing that. Albert still, still wants to make good. He asked what would it take. Said throw me some tires. A gasket kit. A windshield seal. And possibly a few clutch parts as this is slipping. (The pedal is adjusted too tight. It maybe just that, don't know yet)..... he said he will gladly give me those parts.

I'm more than happy with the parts. I didn't want a project like this but I got one

I am responsible for this trade too! I'm not trading back. I'm dealing with what I accepted.

Albert has been cool even after all this and still wants to make good. I likely won't buy anything from him in the future. But he is making good on this and I'm happy with that.

The only reason I came back was to post up him and I came to an agreement. I'm happy with the course we are taking.

Also. You weren't involve with the trade. I asked about the tires that were on the truck in the pictures. They were not swapped off or anything. Don't try and use the excuse I asked to keep my wheels as a mix up. It'd not even like that. The same wheels are tires are on it as in the pictures and the ones I asked if had any tread. I have screen shots. It had the time and date. And you can even see what's on the truck in the pictures....

This may have been your truck. But you didn't even exist in the trade deal until after it was done really. Had no idea it was yours. Had not talked you in any way about the truck until after it happened. You're welcome to form your own opinion, but please stay out of the mix and the story of what happened. Or what you think happenEd.

• Like 3