EAGLE ROCK DATSUN NIPPON CAR SHOW/SWAPMEET JULY 10th, 2016

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a shirt please in grey if you have it XL I am there early 

I cleaned out the garage recently, here's what I'm bringing.

Decent 521 hood with lip trim.    $65.00   vvvv

IMG_4088_zps1c24f3c5.jpg

IMG_4087_zpsdebec4c1.jpg

IMG_4089_zpsc610f705.jpg

Cracked 521 dash cap/pad with ashtray.  $30.00  vvvv

IMG_4762_zpsafef0e02.jpg

Round exhaust A87 cylinder head, this was a throw in when I bought my truck 4 years ago, I don't think it's worth much.  No cam.  $30.00 vvv

IMG_4663_zpsdc76f906.jpg

IMG_4662_zpsf7cea9cb.jpg

IMG_4660_zpsfc6202db.jpg

All prices are o.b.o.

I'm also bringing about 10 datsun L-series t-shirts that I made.  Mostly black/blue, mostly L and XL. Some grey, a couple of white ones. All with light blue motor/lettering.  $8 bucks each.   vvv

photo%202_zpsgco20rzw.jpg

I'm looking for a 521 heater box and a nice rebuild-able L16.

Hello everyone we are 2 days away from the event. Vendors with trailers please contact me please. Weather is going to be a nice 86 degrees. I'll be there at 4:30 a.m. For some vendors that want to come in early. I will have free coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts for the early arrivals. See you guys soon!!

• Like 1

I need fenders and trunk for my 1200 coupe. if anyone is bringing any.

We have a nice fender ( I believe it is a drivers side). We are bringing it to the swap. Sskoing $100 for it.

20160710_094406.jpg

Was packed!   Me and my nephew in front of my baby Liz  (I'm the dork in the all Datsun swag)

here's a slide show of all my pics from the show... have a few really high quality panoramic shots as well, might have to post those up separately so you guys can zoom in on them and see the details.

Have fun!

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Tolkmod/slideshow/B-210/CarShow

• Like 4

I want a shirt please in grey if you have it XL I am the

I want a shirt please in grey if you have it XL I am there early 

sorry didnt see where you were would have loved to pick up an l series shirt or 2

thanks for a great show and very good tacos 

thanks to everyone who helps jose put this together 

thanks to all the customers who bought parts 

we had a great time  weather was great 

I come to most of the ER events from San Diego. And once I get there... am always grateful there is such a GOOD, low-key event, with so many knowledgeable Datsun sources,  so close by, where I can find and sell parts and network with other Datsun affecianados to learn how to make these little vehicles so much fun.

But of course, before every event I always grump to my wife first, about having to get up at 3:30 AM, load the truck, and having to make the 2 hour drive, just to get a good spot next to my friends spaces.

She reminds me it is no different than getting up, and prepping, and hauling  to catch the boat to go deep sea fishing, and I never complain about that. But I still grump for every show.

Then I learned last Sunday that there is a whole bunch of regular sellers (7-8, some whom I already know) that trek all the way down to Eagle Rock for these shows from... San Jose / SF Bay area!

I'll never grump to my wife about prepping for an ER show again. You bay vendors are hard-core, and I greatly appreciated you for making the long trek down, and adding so much to the event.

• Like 3

Ta-Dah!

He typically has them every 4 months on a Sunday. That would make the next one in November, probably the first or second Sunday since Turkey Day falls later that month.  I may easily be wrong. (maybe because I was looking forward to it so, and was dissappointed to learn they're every 3 months vs. 4)  but I thought this last one posted on the events page a bit later than usual. But even so he still got the word out a month in advance!  Jose's great and networks with everyone. He'd love to have another seriously knowledgeable parts vendor like you with your luck of finding good stuff. You can always PM him if you're thinking about making it and haven't seen any details.

I was selling left-over 620 parts at this past event to clear out some working space in my garage and make some project money. In my experience the So Cal guys aren't as vocal posting what they're looking for vs. OR or WA, but if you post a list in advance of what you've got for sale like I did,  the ones needing it will typically either contact you or turn out to check it out. I was happily surprised to make a couple online sales from it ahead of the event this way. And there were a lot of guys at my space asking for typical parts I just didn't have, that I'm sure you probably would.

If memory serves me I think Jose says he typically has 48-50 vendors at ER, but only a few with your volume. This time there were less, probably due to it being summer, kids out of school, vacations, the PM heat, etc.. But the lanes between the spaces were still filled with cars for show.

It would be good to see you and your latest finds... maybe bring HahMuck along for grins?  Maybe a little Cali sunshine or bikini beaches might brighten up his envious disposition?

green-banana_zpsu7b6zfbl.jpg

Sorry. Wasn't shouting, Didn't know how to resize.

• Like 2

I want to thank everyone who supports this events you know it's not easy putting this events do to rules and regulations. If anyone finds a bigger place where we can do this event please let me know. I'm always on the lookout but it's not always easy to find a bigger place. also I wanted to thank the ones who has to travel far to get here we couldn't do it without you guys. Thanks again and we will see you guys in November. Be good humans.

• Like 1

Ted came over pretty amped the other day talking about maybe, finally,  coming down to Eaglerock  with Datsun parts ,, and his dads got this big ass dodge he could load tons of parts in... I said he should totally do it even if he only breaks even ,, ( he loves to buy as much as sell  :lol:  ) ,, If it ends up being in October there is no way i can ever come,,, but November , that could be do-able ride along keep the driver awake situation.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ta-Dah!

green-banana_zpsu7b6zfbl.jpg

Sorry. Wasn't shouting, Didn't know how to resize.