Art- Datsun 510 streetfighter UPDATE- the Pilot pg.2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^I LOVE that 320. Did it eventually get painted blue and become a cover truck for Minitruckin? Or was that a different truck all together? If it is the same, I prefered it this way!

^^I LOVE that 320. Did it eventually get painted blue and become a cover truck for Minitruckin? Or was that a different truck all together? If it is the same, I prefered it this way!

According to This badass article on the history of Minitrucks it stayed like this. seriously those front wheels are huge! The more I hang around this forum the more I want my dad to get a pick-up.

Dude FISCH!!!! You are out of CONTROL!!! This is the first time I have seen your stuff and it's the dopest sh*t I've ever seen!!!!!!!

I've been debating whether to do a ratsun or fix up my body nice like. It was wrecked and it's been a tough decision which way to go. Hands down it's going to be a Rat after seeing this. I was originally inspired by Jeff's first SR dime, and now you have tipped the scales.:cool:

Dude FISCH!!!! You are out of CONTROL!!! This is the first time I have seen your stuff and it's the dopest sh*t I've ever seen!!!!!!!

Have you checked out his web page??? There is some REALLY cool stuff there!! If you do, try not to get to into just the big objects. Take a look at some of the little details in each. It will blow your mind.

A word of caution. The red "Hell's Angel" on top of your illustration is the emblem of the Hell's Angels squadron of the WWII 14th AF Flying Tigers. One of their veterans loved motorcycles and started a club after the war. Right - those Hell's Angels. If you are putting this emblem on a car and driving through Oakland or San Bernardino you might attract some unwanted attention from the fuzz and/or the bikers.

A word of caution. The red "Hell's Angel" on top of your illustration is the emblem of the Hell's Angels squadron of the WWII 14th AF Flying Tigers. One of their veterans loved motorcycles and started a club after the war. Right - those Hell's Angels. If you are putting this emblem on a car and driving through Oakland or San Bernardino you might attract some unwanted attention from the fuzz and/or the bikers.

Good to know Mike. But do you mean this angel insignia? If so, it isn't on the illustration? (Though I had no idea it was used by the Hells Angels!) The girl on the rear quarter panel is just a random pinup girl.

AVGCollectionsmall.jpg

The "real" hell's angel is similar to your lower left, but horizontal. By the way, the flying tigers P40 Tomahawks didn't have a red tongue on the intake, that was the British in North Africa. After being incorporated into the US 14thAF, most later pilots added the British red tongue, but the original mercinary Flying Tigers P40s had no tongue. [They took a $500 bonus for each Japanese plane they shot down.]

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one for you guys. This was at the Hood River rod show this summer. I think the guy is from Vancouver,Wa. The HR Airport is named after my neighbor, Ken Jernsadt, who flew with the AVG and was leader of Flight Three. His plane number was 88. After the Tigers he went on to become a test pilot for the P-47 project. Talk about having some stories!

http://picasaweb.google.com/exit64/FlyingTiger#

• 4 months later...