Art- Datsun 510 streetfighter UPDATE- the Pilot pg.2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I love it.

I'm glad somebody posted Plane Jane. Its what I thought of when I saw this thread. It's local here in Kansas City. I love the work the guy put into it.

I say go for it, maybe inspire me to paint mine like a Marine Corps Corsair, go with the Black Sheep squadron.

• 5 months later...

random thought

Isn't the exhaust on the other side of the engine?

Totally! I took some artistic liberties there. (Who knows what is under the hood!)

Skib rocked this on a Yota, I look forward to his take on a goon!

Dat-side, these are all Photoshop. I use some custom brushes I downloaded from somewhere, can't quite remember. (Gnomon Workshop I think?) I use realworld textures, like rust, goopy paint, tinted watercolor paper and scotch tape. I use a lot of lasso tool and the pentool to make interesting shapes and adjust brightness and contrast of these shapes to help define forms.

Of course, if there is one thing I've learned over teh years with P-shop (self taught) is that there really are a million ways to skin a cat. In other words. There are a bunch of ways to achieve the same sort of thing in the program.

I've just started playing with Artrage3 for Tron. (Used to be a painter6 user back in the day.) And I must say I am really enjoying the simplicity of that program. And the real world feel to the strokes, etc.

Totally! I took some artistic liberties there. (Who knows what is under the hood!)

Im aiming to meet the same awesomeness as the drawing :D

Im going to try and make the exhaust functional :cool: itl be loud and gnarly

Fische: I just started playing with artrage too. It's def more simple than PS, I just got autodesk sketchbook mobile for my iphoneand really want to try the pc version.

Everyone: I love the rat rod look, like this and that madmax 240z. Exactly why I like ratsun instead of 'other' datsun sites. Keep up the sick datsuns!

Everyone: I love the rat rod look, like this and that madmax 240z. Exactly why I like ratsun instead of 'other' datsun sites. Keep up the sick datsuns!

:rofl: you can come check it out when its done, Im fairly close to "the Burg"

Fische: I just started playing with artrage too. It's def more simple than PS, I just got autodesk sketchbook mobile for my iphoneand really want to try the pc version.

Agreed, the simplicity is what makes Artrage a gem of a program. The 'real' brush simulators are top notch. Some folks might mistake this simplicity for a lesser, entry level, art program, but they'd be wrong. There are things I can do in that program that would take many steps in P-shop. Just flipping a multilayered piece of art is a two drop-down menu process with a huge wait time in P-shop. In artrage, you just hit the letter 'h'. And these micro timesavers add up over a week that is for sure. And the intuitive action of the program keeps your hand flying!

Dat-side, these are all Photoshop. I use some custom brushes I downloaded from somewhere, can't quite remember. (Gnomon Workshop I think?) I use realworld textures, like rust, goopy paint, tinted watercolor paper and scotch tape. I use a lot of lasso tool and the pentool to make interesting shapes and adjust brightness and contrast of these shapes to help define forms.

Of course, if there is one thing I've learned over teh years with P-shop (self taught) is that there really are a million ways to skin a cat. In other words. There are a bunch of ways to achieve the same sort of thing in the program.

I've just started playing with Artrage3 for Tron. (Used to be a painter6 user back in the day.) And I must say I am really enjoying the simplicity of that program. And the real world feel to the strokes, etc.

Do you redraw the vehicles every time or do you have some awesome templates for each car?

check this out fisch your 510 reminda me of this blue bird a little http://www.0-4factory.com/

Too cool! Man I am digging those red letter tires!!!

Eld- I haven't drawn the same one twice yet! (Well I did make a unibody pick up out of the 411 goon art.But everything about the art is the same except the back end.)

Not to distract you guys from talking nerdy computer art stuff here...hahaha!!!!...but I just wanted to point out that the pipes sticking out of the fender would not really NEED to be exhaust pipes right? I mean what if they were super long velocity stacks? What if they led into the fender and had seperate filter housings inside the engine compartment? What if they were just super long inlet tubes for the single air filter housing? Would that thing make some bad az intake roar or what?

Sweet looking rig though Fisch. Seriously a big fan of almost every WWII homage car I have seen so far. I think it is a really neat way to say thanks to all the veterans for their noble sacrifice.

Not to distract you guys from talking nerdy computer art stuff here...hahaha!!!!...but I just wanted to point out that the pipes sticking out of the fender would not really NEED to be exhaust pipes right? I mean what if they were super long velocity stacks? What if they led into the fender and had seperate filter housings inside the engine compartment? What if they were just super long inlet tubes for the single air filter housing? Would that thing make some bad az intake roar or what?

lol thated prob sound pretty rad but it deff wouldnt be a very efficient intake

Not to highjack the thread... but I've noticed most everyone paints their cars like US planes... I've been tinkering with painting mine like a Japanese fighter, though I did find that there is a Mitsu X painted like a Zero.

I found this scheme I like a lot

65_28.png?t=1263273580

and thinking that plus this roadster4.jpg?t=1263273632

Add in a sidepipe and you have yourself quite the Fairlady.

Not to highjack the thread... but I've noticed most everyone paints their cars like US planes... I've been tinkering with painting mine like a Japanese fighter, though I did find that there is a Mitsu X painted like a Zero.

Iv got 3-4 Japanese fighter paint schemes draw up on a Z. Alot of the Japanese fighers are kinda bland and arnt instantly recognizable as a fighter paint like the flying tigers scheme is.