Art- Datsun 510 streetfighter UPDATE- the Pilot pg.2

Another nice thing about this look is that w/ the rivet gun, you can do some patch panels if needed and will not need a welder or body filler (but use some seam sealer). Hell you could have a square patch in the center of a door, all riveted in place and it would only add to the look. As long as you have a thick coat of paint on top of all the patches and rivets, it will look bas ass and purposeful.

I mean, sure you can paint fake rivets on there, but I'd go for the real deal. Especially if my rig need body work to begin with.

Well my 510 does need some exterior body work done, so I think it'll work out well. Especially because I dont know how to weld nor am I any good with filler haha

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisch,

Dude you suck, I was gonna dump the extra wagons I have, but now I want to do a wagon like the 510, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

HA! Well the design looks perfect for some of your Bullet hubs and lugs! I wanted to, but the only reason I didn't put them on this drawing is that I've done a few smoothies w/ whitewalls, and thought I should change it up.

Fisch,

The Ratsun art work yet again is impeccable. I love them. I see alot of talk of making these into wall art or T shirts. Did we ever do anything about that? I would love to have these hanging in my Garage and/or Office. Plus would sport the T-shirts as well.

Very clever manipulation of the Japanese Katakana to spell "Datsun 510". Did anyone else notice?

Ha I wish I had made that up! But I found a font that did the work for me there! Great eye though Mike!

xtrmemtnmn- They've never been offered for sale as of yet. Though I sure appreciate the offers! They are a bit like a vacation for me still. THough lately I've been entertaining the idea of trading high quality, large prints of them for Datsun goodies for my 521!

HA! Well the design looks perfect for some of your Bullet hubs and lugs! I wanted to, but the only reason I didn't put them on this drawing is that I've done a few smoothies w/ whitewalls, and thought I should change it up.

I don't think you could have done it better, fanfuckintastic :D

It would be so cool if someone would build one of your creations. I would love to, But if I build another car the wife will kill me,:eek: I'm done for now.

i guarantee, someday, someone is going to build an exact copy of one of Fisch's drawings. i have already noticed a few peaple saying they found ratsun because they saw the art on another forum, and had to check us out. good idea about trading for parts, you could do one-off drawings for the bigger stuff! if you ever print them up you should number them, like 1 of 50, limited edition.

i guarantee, someday, someone is going to build an exact copy of one of Fisch's drawings. i have already noticed a few peaple saying they found ratsun because they saw the art on another forum, and had to check us out.

Aww thanks Charlie! I keep crossing my fingers someone will do one up like my drawings!

Hey if anyone ever sees these things on another forum, let me know, I like seeing how far they spread! (And feel free to spread them! I only ever post here, so I don't cross pollinate that much!)

A guy contacted me from VW vortex the other day! That was cool!

Fisch... I can't handle it anymore. Seriously. Everytime I think I've finally decided on a look for my 521, you go and design some crazy Datsun that looks so damn good I can't get the style out of my head. I'm going to have to stop looking at your threads before I go nuts...

actually... i have started doing some body work and am now looking for a paint kit to retire the old gay sky blue paint... i actually want to rivet on a some stuff like mud flaps to make it look kind of rally racer, im thinking of chopping a hole in my hood and riveting a fiber glass cowl from: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D471510&N=700+115&autoview=sku

if it will fit, i need to measure my hood

Edited by whisper3H
Well my 510 does need some exterior body work done, so I think it'll work out well. Especially because I dont know how to weld nor am I any good with filler haha

hah i have NO IDEA how to properly use body filler but my friend and I got bord and bought some Dyna-Hair long strand fiberglass body filler to cover up a rusted out lower panel on my car, will post some pics in the future

Well I couldn't help but make a driver for this car. Went w/ a crazy Japanese underground street vibe.

Not that I expect any of you contemplating this design on your dime to dress this way!

See Jeff, you don't have to be a tough badass to drive this car, just an interesting character, which you TOTALLY are!

510Streetfightercharacter.jpg

StreetRacer1.jpg

a few of you were wondering how street rodders get away with shorty pipes and no mufflers... Well i dont know really how they do it on the newer stuff in cali atleast because the smog laws are insane. But basicly if you do not have to get your car smog tested and it is liscanced as a collector car or antique vehicle, once it is inspected the first time you dont have to get it inspected again. just remember though with these japanese engines getting teh exhaust to dump there would be insanely hard! also if you have the windows down it is going to flow right inside! I think you would be better off putting them on there for looks and have the exhaust dump right behind the front tire so that way it will sound like it comes from them

The driver made me lol for a good while.

As for the pipes out the fender, a couple muffler tips mounted on the rail and run a regular exhaust. Or if you don't want a muffler sticking out the back (or side), just have a straight pipe dump somewhere underneath the vehicle.

I posted the original pic on a local forum and everybody is telling me to build that car! I'd consider it if I had a ton of bodywork to do because the riveted panels would look damn good.

Oh yeah, if you do ever make some prints/posters I would be more than willing to purchase.