1 owner, 23573 original mile 71 Goon

I'm gonna make one more poke before going to bed, THAT camaro in your pic, no way puts out anywhere near 2000HP.

That's all.

Night night!

Worlds Motor 548ci. Three stage nitrous-250 250 300. Digital 7plus pro. 1400 Dom carb. She makes 1200ish on 116. I dont know what else you want. Im digging on the face book for a video with time, but bested so far on a dual stage (about a 400-500 shot) 5.25 1/8

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worlds Motor 548ci. Three stage nitrous-250 250 300. Digital 7plus pro. 1400 Dom carb. She makes 1200ish on 116. I dont know what else you want. Im digging on the face book for a video with time, but bested so far on a dual stage (about a 400-500 shot) 5.25 1/8

I don't want to dig either. But...pic of dyno sheet. 

Nothing else will quiet them. 2800 is just a number without proof. 

2800 could be feet until it drops to the left lane.  :poke:

I'm done digging. What are you WANTING to do with this 510?

• Like 1

And now you'll gladly strip any original L16/4spd for an L20 and 5 speed from a 280zx. 

Go figure. 

Dont want to let go of her. Not looking to get rich, but the motor matches the car, the car, though dirty and ran down, Is good for being a frame off kind of build. I know a handful of guys on here, and need parts, put the purpose of joining, was to find anyone wanting a low milage one owner resto. Crazy I know, but I have always wanted a 510. Ive had tons of cars and drove 25 hours to get it just to find that it may be better in the hands of someone who bleeds Datsun. I love it and once I put a spoiler on her…pic for your amusement, JK. Just thought it may be better for someone else. Most of whats wrong I will be replacing anyway.

GOD WHY DID I POST THIS PI WITH THESE ASSHATS LOL (actual owner)

11800149_10155867098405150_6844408649213

• Like 1

I don't want to dig either. But...pic of dyno sheet. 

Nothing else will quiet them. 2800 is just a number without proof. 

2800 could be feet until it drops to the left lane.  :poke:

I'm done digging. What are you WANTING to do with this 510?

No dyno, I know shes fast and thats what matters right? We took second as on the final pass, exhaust melted the shift cable and lost the trans.

The 510? If its of no value to an enthusiast regardless of miles, Ill build. I do have an L20 and can get an SR. Would rather dual side an L20 than turbo but that takes care of power. Literately no rust on the bottom of it so fix the few small spots. Have a bunch of air bag stuff so I can sit it low, flares over some wide Longs and repaint in Gunmetal silver flake. 

Matty, you're late to the party.  The subject is back to Datsuns.

sr20cars, congratulations.  You passed a hell of a new guy gauntlet. I do have a few notes though. (FUCK YOU NOTES!)

You have a rust free 510.  If you cut on it, some people will complain.  If you lower it, some people will complain.  If you don't lower it, I will complain.  Pretty much anything you suggest doing to it will have detractors.  I don't think there are two people on this forum who completely agree.....

...until it's done.  Once the deed is done, most people just give complements.  

Unlike most of the people who blew this thread up,  I completely understood your question from the beginning.  "Is this car too nice to modify?  Would someone with a rusted out floor board want to trade?  I went to buy a horse and I think I got a unicorn.  Should I cut off the horn, or trade for a horse?"

Answer is.... I don't know.  You'd have to find one close enough to make it worth the trade.  Probably not.  If you're having second thoughts about it, do a modest build with the L20 and flip it for cash to find a worse off shell to modify.

One last tiny thing.  Most people describing a long trip only say how long it takes one way.For example,  I drove 12 hrs to Alabama for one of my 620s.  It took 25 hrs from the time I left home, until I got back, but I only claim the 12.

• Like 4

The 510? If its of no value to an enthusiast regardless of miles, Ill build. I do have an L20 and can get an SR. Would rather dual side an L20 than turbo but that takes care of power. Literately no rust on the bottom of it so fix the few small spots. Have a bunch of air bag stuff so I can sit it low, flares over some wide Longs and repaint in Gunmetal silver flake. 

Fuck props to you for still sticking around, Iv'e seen noobs take off with nowhere near as much shit thrown at them from the form. Original or not it's a datsun which is cool and the reason why all of us are here, as far as a value on it idk you'll get mixed responses on prices.An L20b turbo would be cool or an SR which either seems possible for you from the pics I see, if you wanna throw an IRS in it get a hold of one and do your research on how your going to go about it because everyone does it a bit differently. JustJoel did a killer job on bagging his goon you might want to talk to him directly if you go that route. Im no fan of flares but it's your ride, I think the original lines look best. Anyway that's all my input for now, welcome and I suggest starting an actual build thread so you can leave behind this hostile thread of an intro, oh and MOAR PICS :rofl:

• Like 6

So to answer you're value question, I would say $1500 tops, it is just a datsun after all.

I'll give you 1500.01 just so I have a better offer than qtip

Honestly though, if you're going to build the car, build it, make it yours. You will have people bitch and bitch no matter what. Myself included. But, I will respect a build as long as it's done right. Not a fan of the mad camber mad poke mad stretch look myself.

If the current motor in the car is shot the mileage doesn't really matter because it's going to be pulled for one reason or another. Car doesn't look like it was garage/barn kept for the duration of its sitting life and all you really have as a selling point is that it's mostly rust free. I don't know your region but I can tell you you can get somewhere between 15 and 2 around where I'm at just for a rolling chassis last time I looked. I don't look very often though

You guys got me crying at my desk at work.I like Chevy's so you win in my book, and good job with the ribbing. If that is a original right hand then it is worth more then 1500.00 bucks. Depending on the location. Here in Cali you would get 5000.00 for it easy. And that is no troll.

Dude.  He said multiple times it's his laptop camera reversing the images.  It's not RHD!

• Like 4

And for reference this is a members 20yr 1 owner barn find

DSCN4656_zpsg8lolnnq.jpg

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/65728-my-intro-with-my-70-goon-barn-find/

Just something to compare yours to if you want to condition/value wise, but I think you should just fix it up we appreciate all builds around here even if folks don't like yah and ream you for it. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one, stick around and learn some stuff a lot of knowledgeable guys here.

• Like 6