Stolen Datsun!!! - found

**STOLEN** Hey Ratsun unfortunately a Ratsun member's car was stolen last night, please keep an eye out for Ray Anderson's 82 Datsun Maxima Wagon. It was stolen from an apartment complex in North Salinas, Ca. Plate is 1ELJ857. It's extremely unique as are the parts. Neo RB25DET, XXR 531, Custom one off T3 parts, Contact him if you know him or police. Let's help him get his car back!

Here's his build thread: **STOLEN** http://community.ratsun.net/topic/47246-project-910r/

07AEBD10-2A9C-4BEA-AA30-D1DEDD602ADD_zps

40A53C0B-7845-4099-A08D-016262B63642_zps

97F8762C-F138-414B-A480-35B630539EC6_zps

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they find it.  Having an RB is a really good reason for chop shops to want it.  That's that bad news.  Hopefully someone in the Datsun community will recognize it and find it before it gets too far.

• Like 1

I've known people that would cut keys on a test drives. Before heading back to jack the car they would break a window somewhere else and take the glass with them pour it on the ground so that it looked like they broke a window to get in. There have also been people that when trying to sell acar for awhile will stage a theft, as long as the car is found beat to shit broken and ditched they would get the insurance money.

Only a moron would let someone take the car (with keys) for a test ride. If I was ever selling, I would do the driving or they could fuck right off. It should have had a kill switch.... even easier on a EFI vehicle. The more complicated, the easier to disable it.

• Like 1

Yes the car was recovered as said blown engine nothing looks taken which is way too suspicious for a regular thief It had to be someone he knew. Just read Ray (owner) said there was a witness 2 dark skinned makes he said he might know who it was. It was found in 400 block of Palm Ave in Seaside, Ca.

46AE01D3-7779-4B08-B11D-DBF38F3F5B8A_zps

01A9EA0D-E5CF-4E44-A7C8-5B461C49210F_zps

8D47E8E1-1BE3-46C9-B11F-84FB7BE4161C_zps

• Like 1

Glad to see the Maxima is back!  Especially such a nice-looking wagon.  Bummer the engine is blown, but that's a lot better than a car in a ditch or down an embankment.

• Like 2