CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just going to say how i felt, and based off what i heard.  I support all the shows,  been in the politics between groups before, and i dont care about the politics, or for it. Been there, done that.   I will support all datsun shows, so i went to both this weekend.  But when asked at the gate if i went to datslocos because of the sticker on my windshield, and then the dissapointed OH comment,  that was not needed at the gate. 

I loved the open format like we do at blue lake. It forces everyone to look at everything,  and allows friends to park next to eachother.  Yes the judging needs a few more categories, i had someone surprised Art did not win like she does every year, but you know what, ive won enough and could barley care that i didnt win anything, not why i do it.    I had planned on parking in the corral this year, and was surprised to see that gone. 

To me, people need to not complain online, but instead offer Steve and them advice.  The way ive heard some talk just irks me a bit.  This is the steve and the rest of their first year doing the show themselves. We need to offer them advice and help them shape the show.  Work together, and make canby better next year :)

So with that, Thank you steve, and everyone else for putting on a great show, i know how much hard work goes into it, so thank you. 

Says people need to not complain online in the middle of a complaint rant ... you should came over and said hi when i was talkin to naner ... the weird googly eyes just made it awkward 

• Like 1

I didn't know there was a card.

cause u were sniping my metal c pillar vents while i was signing it ... u bastard .. 

That x100000000000, we were actually advising people that were intrested in going to Canby that they need to leave in the evening or by 6am Sunday in order to have a good amount of time at the fairgrounds, and I saw at least two people at Rats with Dats wearing Canby shirts....no issue, like Dan said...it's about dattos, not the fucking politics....FUCK POLITICS its society's poison!

That being said, I'll be at Canby next year too

its about dattos but .... show was planned to compete with canby .... i just love dattos and hanging with peeps .. all this other wheres the money ... your car sucks ... where's naners balls... my truck was stolen konig rants ... internet bravado is dumb ... people take them selves way to serious ... have fun, buy some parts .. talk some shit, bench race ... fist bump ... just enough with segregation .....

• Like 2

I paid $50 last year for a great time a Canby. If you pay for a camping space why should you have to pay to $10 a day to get in to use it use it? I can see paying to be in the show and I can see paying being in the corral to show off your car, I get that. I don't do either, I go to hang with friends and peruse the parts vendors all the while looking at the vehicles. $10 a day or $15 for the weekend is nothing but a money grab, a TAX for nothing we did not have last year. I had to walk away. So DNW here's my solution...I paid for one night camping and $10 for Saturday, camped elsewhere and paid for Sunday. How do you like my math? If you are going to tax us for nothing or offset the cost of something else (at MY expense) then You'll get less from me. Next year I'll be paying $15 for the weekend and still enjoy friends, parts and dattos..    

• Like 3

^^^

Did you see how they did their math?  They did Camping, food, shirt, vendor spot etc... And added it all together, and said it was only 5 dollars more.... But, not everyone does that.. For the people who just camp, it was over double the cost.... 

• Like 2

did u have fun ... though tim ?

I had fun with my friends. I had a disappoint with the setup.  I paid 15 bucks to pay 50 bucks to stay there, which put me in the show..  But I had no chance of even being voted for... As there was only 510, Z car categories.  Everything else was lumped in together...  If they actually did what they used to... Pre-register, so there were more than 3 classes... I would have stayed for the voting/awards.  Would have had a chance at winning Clean/original/stock B210 or something... It's not all about winning, I really just go for the people and to see the cars. But if I'm going to be forced to pay to be in the show just by being there, a chance at winning would have been nice :|

• Like 3

I had fun with my friends. I had a disappoint with the setup.  I paid 15 bucks to pay 50 bucks to stay there, which put me in the show..  But I had no chance of even being voted for... As there was only 510, Z car categories.  Everything else was lumped in together...  If they actually did what they used to... Pre-register, so there were more than 3 classes... I would have stayed for the voting/awards.  Would have had a chance at winning Clean/original/stock B210 or something... It's not all about winning, I really just go for the people and to see the cars. But if I'm going to be forced to pay to be in the show just by being there, a chance at winning would have been nice :|

me too i just showed up and yor ass was driving off while i was trying to buy a shirt ... or 5 

• Like 2