CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

That's right! Babywipes. Thanks for that Ted.

Datzenmike, that convoy from Eugene got to Canby at right about the time you left. I was disappointed so many people had already left,but a lot of people were still around too.
We had heard alot of talk that the show would be wrapping up around noon/1pm,but it was still going at around 3pm. Many of the people that didn't make the trip from Eugene to Canby Sunday were under the same impression. I heard themail same thing at Canby. Some kind of mix up there. Too bad,because there would have been alot more people show up Sunday otherwise.

Aw that's too bad. I would have stayed for sure. Maybe should have but was Jonesing for the road. Saddest part of Canby is 4PM Sunday loading your car when most have already left. Early in early leave feels the best.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datzenmike, that convoy from Eugene got to Canby at right about the time you left. I was disappointed so many people had already left,but a lot of people were still around too.

We had heard alot of talk that the show would be wrapping up around noon/1pm,but it was still going at around 3pm. Many of the people that didn't make the trip from Eugene to Canby Sunday were under the same impression. I heard themail same thing at Canby. Some kind of mix up there. Too bad,because there would have been alot more people show up Sunday otherwise.

Yeah that's the impression the group I was planning to go up with had. We all woke up at 9 and said fuck it because we wanted to drop all of our gear back home in Eugene before going, so if it did end at noon we would've just barely missed it. Glad they'll be at different times next year, I enjoyed Canby last year.

• Like 1

... and I had fun this year. Actually it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed myself. Even had a Steve, Mike and Jeff MOD cluster. Stopped by the PoPo on way down for headlamp out. Most rain ever on this trip down. Got 37MPG (Imperial gallon) about 31 US MPG!!! on one tankful leaving Canby but had strong tail wind. All in the 30s. I'm at 1,350 miles into trip as of now and down a quart but may have been low when I started, didn't check. 

• Like 2

Spit...

Len Robertson and I made it a forth show. F10, 710, 510 and an S10 showed up.

Yeah till about 11:30. Figured the convoy from Eugene would have been there by then.... and was really itching to be on the road. Was in Calgary 1 AM Tuesday morn..... and was afraid James would want some of those parts back.  :lol:

Was hoping you won an award. Hey!, saw another S10 Monday morning in East Washington..

I did I got 2nd place I totally wasn't expecting that.

• Like 1

datzenmike said there was a really nice 200SX there at Canby. Many thanks to the guys who have posted pics of it. Is the first time a 1st generation SX has been at Canby? If so you should have gotten a special award for that!

Pics of datzenmike here at my place Monday are coming when my wife gets them onto a hosting site. I haven't seen them yet myself.

Reg said he was spraying weeds at the farm (between here and Sprague) in a Toyota PU Monday morning and saw the yellow 710 goon go down the highway. He knew who it was and gave you a big thumbs up, but you may not have seen him. He said if he had been closer to the highway he would have chased you down to talk Datsuns.

Thanks again for taking the time to stop here in the middle of nowhere and visit. Karen was pretty excited about going out to breakfast with a genuine Ratsun member. If I had been thinking I would have told here to wear her Datsun t-shirt for the occasion.

Len

• Like 2

I did I got 2nd place I totally wasn't expecting that.

I seem to remember one years ago being there but not since. Congrats it's a unique car. 

datzenmike said there was a really nice 200SX there at Canby. Many thanks to the guys who have posted pics of it. Is the first time a 1st generation SX has been at Canby? If so you should have gotten a special award for that!

Pics of datzenmike here at my place Monday are coming when my wife gets them onto a hosting site. I haven't seen them yet myself.

Reg said he was spraying weeds at the farm (between here and Sprague) in a Toyota PU Monday morning and saw the yellow 710 goon go down the highway. He knew who it was and gave you a big thumbs up, but you may not have seen him. He said if he had been closer to the highway he would have chased you down to talk Datsuns.

Thanks again for taking the time to stop here in the middle of nowhere and visit. Karen was pretty excited about going out to breakfast with a genuine Ratsun member. If I had been thinking I would have told here to wear her Datsun t-shirt for the occasion.

Len

YES!!!! Now I remember after I left. There was a white? truck spraying something out in the field and a guy on the passenger side, unless the sprayers weer on the front, with a big thumb. I waved and smiled but the sun would have been in his eyes. Say hi and thanks, I did see him. 

But Karen gets to sleep with a genuine Ratsun member every night!!!!  :lol:

I seem to remember one years ago being there but not since. Congrats it's a unique car. 

YES!!!! Now I remember after I left. There was a white? truck spraying something out in the field and a guy on the passenger side, unless the sprayers weer on the front, with a big thumb. I waved and smiled but the sun would have been in his eyes. Say hi and thanks, I did see him. 

But Karen gets to sleep with a genuine Ratsun member every night!!!!  :lol:

I'll let Reg know you did see him and waved. When Matt mentions his  "body man" that is Reg. He has straightened out my 510 enough so he could hang a replacement passenger front door on it, and welded up the rusty frame under the battery. He will probably end up welding up a bunch of rust holes for me too.

Reg has a 510 4-door (project), 280Z (apart but going back together), and a 620 that he is just putting an L20b that Matt built for him into. Matt used that peanut head I had that was shaved down a lot so it will be interesting if it runs on pump premium gas. Also dual Webers, 40s I think. Reg said the wiring harness is a rats nest. I suggested he just hot wire it from the battery to get it running. I'm really anxious to see it run.

Good point about Karen sleeping with a Ratsun member every night. I don't think she appreciates how close I am to be almost famous! :lol:

Len

• Like 1

Wait! We have a Datsun certified body guy in Spokane? Hook me up! Lol.

Yeah, but the waiting list to get to him is loooong. First all his dad's vehicles, then his own, then Matt, then me! :lol: And Reg always want to work to a high standard so it takes him awhile. I'm kind of afraid to turn my 510 over to him for fear he will make it way to nice for me to drive. I'm only comfortable with pretty junky stuff.

Len

• Like 1

Took me a minute...

Headed South. 

IMG_2999_zpser0jf8ek.jpg

IMG_3001_zps70hrcfwl.jpg

IMG_3004_zpscckovpk9.jpg

IMG_3005_zpshem486mr.jpg

IMG_3007_zps43qc4bqx.jpg

The kid played on the bleachers the whole time :lol:

IMG_3009_zpsbprsaino.jpg

IMG_3013_zpsxmnnr9ko.jpg

Sunday

IMG_3027_zpsn6dtbyoz.jpg

Loved this one

IMG_3028_zpsygnxs7tt.jpg

IMG_3030_zpsbzbdcn6r.jpg

So awesome to see this one in person :devil:

IMG_3032_zpsdh2c2kiw.jpg

IMG_3033_zpsafyt7gcz.jpg

IMG_3034_zpsx0peuxza.jpg

IMG_3035_zpscdiubets.jpg

IMG_3036_zpsuwkkah6y.jpg

IMG_3039_zpsxts9jdjq.jpg

IMG_3046_zpsbns9bvsa.jpg

IMG_3047_zpskjnbumoq.jpg

IMG_3049_zpsjtqx3vg1.jpg

IMG_3056_zpslfsf7lcp.jpg

IMG_3052_zpsfte2gxiy.jpg

IMG_3054_zps9dxibqdk.jpg

IMG_3058_zpszyorzlo1.jpg

Heading home :)

IMG_3060_zps4ply0rx2.jpg

IMG_3067_zpsdhzavodj.jpg

• Like 1

It would be cool to embed a few of these pics in my post like the computer literate guys can do, but in the interest of getting these where people can see them I'm just going to post the link to the Dropbox folder on datzenmike visits the wilds of Harrington WA.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mnt70vjk5wse15e/AADbVokO12NHeSb5tyzYOQDNa?dl=0

Thanks to my wife for shooting these and loading them on Dropbox. I guess my '79 200SX was camera shy that morning and didn't get into any shots. The Case VAO tractor always likes to sneak in though.

Len

• Like 1

Which 200sx had a solid axle and rear disc brakes?? .. I thought it was a 79, but is it the second generation 200sx?

... and that F10 is so cool!!!

My '79 SX has drum brakes in the rear. I'm reasonably sure the rear disc-solid axle started in '80. I got a bunch of parts off an '80 SX a few years ago. One of the things I stupidly didn't get was the rear end. But I have a long list of parts I didn't get from various other Datsuns when I had the chance. At least I don't have to store the parts I passed up.

Len