CANBY 2016 CANT WAIT

Ranman72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 a night to camp.  15 bucks to get in, to pay to camp.  Also on the site it said shirts were 10 bucks.  They tried charging us 15...  We did a screen shot and showed them it was 10, so they went and edited the site and changed it to 15 after we made them sell them to us at that price.

They are getting greedy. They fucked the voting up by making it for only 510s, Zs, and everything else.  They force you to be in the show by charging 15 to enter and you're automatically entered in the show.. It's retarded. I don't want to pay 15 to get int to pay to camp, when I don't want to show my car.. They are really fucking this show up.. Hopefully someone from Datsuns NW gets the hint... I didn't even bring this stuff up, and heard the majority of the camp complaining about it... It was more for those who brought 2 cars... And weren't even putting them in the show.. They just wanted to be there.  I did hear a lot of people say they weren't going to attend next year like they did this year.  Instead next year they will only show up sunday or stay elsewhere and walk in...  That defeats the whole purpose of people coming... If they don't bring their cars in, the fucks the point?

• Like 3
Guest Mojo510

Canby prices: one day $10, both days$15

tent camping $25 per night

RV $30 per night

T-shirt $15

Vendor $20

Banquet dinner $15 per

So the cost for Fri, Sat, Sun w tent camping $65, plus 1 shirt $80, plus vendor space $100 and if you do dinner $115. So the basic car entry w tent camping for the weekend went up $5 from last year.

Steven Pepka

DNW Pres.

But if you don't want to be in the show and just park in the corral it shouldn't be the same price. To be in the show should be more, parking in the corral should be $5 as it was before. Shouldn't have had all cars automatically part of the show

Sounds with the way judging was placed...catering more towards Realm and HybridZ members/type of people is the priority.

As for the pricing...I have heard conflicting things to what was posted above.

I heard people were camping outside of the fairgrounds because of the new, higher pricing.

Wait...didn't the president of DNW post, just a few days ago, that pricing for things was lower. Hmm...

Sounds with the way judging was placed...catering more towards Realm and HybridZ members/type of people is the priority.

As for the pricing...I have heard conflicting things to what was posted above.

I heard people were camping outside of the fairgrounds because of the new, higher pricing.

Wait...didn't the president of DNW post, just a few days ago, that pricing for things was lower. Hmm...

Yeah... Heard that too...  Mentioned something a few weeks back, and was told the same thing.  Prices were lowered so entering your car is cheaper blah blah... 

Here's the thing Datsun NW pres.. Not everybody wants to enter the show. Parking in the coral should only be 5 bucks.  Not everyone wants a shirt.. Not everyone wants to buy the food.  No offense but have a few times and it's really not that good especially for the price.  Love canby, Love going... But just go to see the cars and talk with the people. not to enter the show or anything else.. I'm sorry, but that is not just 5 dollars more.  When I started going to canby, I paid 30 bucks to camp for two nights. and the fee for camping got me into the grounds...  I paid 65 bucks for two nights this year because of your "Price changes".  So far I'm really the only one to speak up about it... I have no reason to lie about it. I literally walked thru the fair grounds friday night and heard people bitching about it, around 75% just the first night.. More people the next day..  I'm sure more will say something about it at some point.  There are people that have been there since the beginning, coming from cali and such... Stating they will not be attending next year.. That's a shame.. 

Also, changing up the voting to 510s, Z,s and everything else?  C'mon man...  I'd love to have put my b210 in it.. It's a clean original one, not restored. But what's the point? With being lumped into trucks, roadsters, b210s, 1200s, etc etc....

• Like 2

Last year with 2 nights of camping and car show entry and 2 t-shirts pre registered I paid 105.00 this uear for the same it was 125 I don't know if I was overcharged and don't really care

I have a great weekend bit I also did not like the car show format

Old and new Z's in the same group all trucks in the same group all roadsters in the same group all 510's including wagons and bluebirds in the same group and best of show

Not the way it used to be and all the cars are in the show and mixed up all over the place

It is what it is but I didn't like that part

Still plenty of people there and got to see white zombie in person it was all good

Some people could care less to show there cars and were automatically paying more and included in the show

Still fun though

• Like 1

Whom ever drove this white B210 hatch ,,,,,,,,,, dude!! that thing is dope. ..  i saw the Canadian guys a couple rows over and i really needed to talk to them aboot their show,,,  i spaced off and  only got this one picture.

IMG_2756_zpsxzioyo3p.jpg

• Like 3

every time i use photobucket it makes me want to send an envelope full of anthrax to every one ,,, in every persons family,, that "upgraded" photobucket a few years ago.

We should have a counter for how many things are said that trigger the NSA.

• Like 1

Im just going to say how i felt, and based off what i heard.  I support all the shows,  been in the politics between groups before, and i dont care about the politics, or for it. Been there, done that.   I will support all datsun shows, so i went to both this weekend.  But when asked at the gate if i went to datslocos because of the sticker on my windshield, and then the dissapointed OH comment,  that was not needed at the gate. 

I loved the open format like we do at blue lake. It forces everyone to look at everything,  and allows friends to park next to eachother.  Yes the judging needs a few more categories, i had someone surprised Art did not win like she does every year, but you know what, ive won enough and could barley care that i didnt win anything, not why i do it.    I had planned on parking in the corral this year, and was surprised to see that gone. 

To me, people need to not complain online, but instead offer Steve and them advice.  The way ive heard some talk just irks me a bit.  This is the steve and the rest of their first year doing the show themselves. We need to offer them advice and help them shape the show.  Work together, and make canby better next year :) 

So with that, Thank you steve, and everyone else for putting on a great show, i know how much hard work goes into it, so thank you. 

• Like 8