Is this Datsun 510 actually worth the asking price?

Hey guys, I've been trying to grab my hands on a 510 for a while but they really never come up for sale. But finally I saw an ad pop up and I'm wondering if it's actually worth the asking price? Here's the ad in question http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4908715684.html. I messaged him about the car and he said that the car has an exhaust leak and that he was going to repair that. Ive noticed that it's pretty rusted also. Sorry for so many questions, I'm a newb at buying a datsun. Thanks!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L16 and a dogleg????? No

For that it should have an engine swap and a way better 5 speed, 280sx struts and brakes. It's a nice almost un-modified 510 but .... so what? Only thing unique is the asking price.

• Like 2

That car is a beater, its not worth 3k in my book. Looks like krylon rust tough primer on the roof, I almost guarantee its not a California car. An 8k car is either cherry with l20b and zx 5spd, struts, brakes or good shape with a dual cam engine swap. I'm surprised theres no chubby blonde with a wrecked grill like the fool on eBay.

• Like 1