9" wide wheels, without flares - stanced 510s

arabian_ryda

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero offset with an 8 inch rim would rub, a 9 inch will for sure.  The zero offset gets you away from the rear control arm and shock, but moves you out towards the fender more.

I have 16x8, +15 offset with 225 x 40, no spacer, and had to mod the inner fender to rid the rub at top of the travel.  I could have just let them rub the few times they bottomed out, but I don't like putting additional non-designed heat and abrupt shock on a tire that may see 100+ mph with me in the car.  Then again, I'm a responsible adult who thinks about my safety and safety of others. Same safety concerns with stretching a tire well passed the tire manufactures recommendations.  They don't put the limits on the tire to fit a certain rim because it can't be put on a rim, it puts the tire design in a premature failure condition and unsafe.  Your mind set is, hey I can get it on the rim, its good to go, see you non believers, I did it.  Roll the dice, seems to be your attitude, after all Insha'Allah, right?

Maybe your Dad knows something, but kids just don't listen.  Mine burned down his newly painted 510, not listening to me, burned it down to the ground same day I warned him.

You come on the forum as a newbie asking for advise, then criticize the members taking the time an effort to help by calling them "Non Believers", and no longer have creative minds because some are older.  You don't think a member on here before you hasn't tried doing what you are trying to do?

Now you might be able to stretch a 185 x 40, bend the crap out of the body, to get the tire under the body, and say you did it.  Would it be safe?  Would it be practical to drive more then a block or two to your local car meet?  Did you bend the perimeters of you original question of not modifying the body, just to show us a picture of you accomplishing what members have told you it can't be done without body mod?

Good Luck with you endeavors fitting the rims

lets agree to disagree then. i know 110% that a properly sized tire will not fit under a stock bodied 510 with a 9 inch wide rim. it will however fit with a stretched tire....hopefully. this is my plan. as for safety, everyone has ther own opinion, ive used this tech on a few previous vehicles. VW golfs, bmw e30s etc etc and have never had any issues with safety or blow outs. pre mature wear did occur due to the offset but not due to a stretched tire. as for me being a newb ive been on ratsun for quite some time just never posted and a member on the realm since 2004 so i wouldnt really classify myself as a newb in the datsun world but im sure most of you have quite a few more years on me with both experience and ownership and i respect that.

and lastly i dont know exactly what you meant or where meaning to imply when you said Insha'Allah?? yes im arabic. lebanese to be exact.

i appriciate all the comments and photos, its been a huge help so far.

and one last point. im going to be running a fully forged sr20 engine and a gt3071r so I need as much rims and tire as possible in the rear.

i know 110% that a properly sized tire will not fit under a stock bodied 510 with a 9 inch wide rim. it will however fit with a stretched tire....hopefully. this is my plan.

So if SR20 and needing all the tire possible why run 9" rims with a narrow stretched tire?????? Stretched tires on rims that are 2" too big is not sane. I don't think any tire mounting place will recommend this nor the tire makers and they are smart enough to limit their liability even if you are not. Drop this and get the correct fitting rims and tires.

The internet is full of examples. Those who think it's safe just haven't had an accident yet...

http://forums.nicoclub.com/is-streching-tires-safe-t556695.html

• Like 1

When I worked at Maui offroad we had some dumb ass kid bring in 32x 12.50 wide Boggers to mount on 15x 18 wide wheels. We somehow did it. Nobody on the island could do it but we did.... Looked dumb as fuck but he was stoked....

just stumbled across the ACROPHOBIA Facebook page and those guys are nuts with there setups. but cant find any of there wheels specs. few of them seem to be running the same wheels as me...

do they have a break down of the demensions and offset for there rides or is it just photos

So, all of you posting up examples of 13", 14", 15", rims fitting, is not giving arabian_ryda answer to his initial question, regarding 16" rims.  The 16" rim has a different swing arc with suspension articulation, different rim lip location static, all creating problems at different location on the car body.  He also added he wants the larger rim 16x9 because of the awesome power from his SR20 power plant, he plans to install, or most likely pay someone to install.

So, Arabian_ryda you won't be able to satisfy all of your problems, you will need to choose one direction, datzenmike touched on this solution.  You can have your zero offset 16x9, 185 x 30 tires, and 20 degree or whatever angle it takes to get the tire under the fender to prove us non-believers wrong on the set up can "fit".  Because you are an awesome mechanic of the Gods, we are just mortals.  The operative word being, "Fit", because the set up is not working in giving you more traction or tires lasting more then few thousand miles.  I guess that's ok cause Dad is buying the tires most likely, in one way or another.

So, if you truly wanted the max tire patch for your big HP SR20, you would have to get the tire with as least amount of chamber possible.  You would want the largest tire recommended for your rim, not a smaller tire stretched way past manufacture limits.  Which is illegal by the way, you can be issued a citation, and have your car impounded, should you decided to give the cop your altitude. So, the answer to using 16x9, 0 offset, and putting down the largest tire patch. Tub the car allowing you to run the rims you want, and get the largest patch to the ground and not ruin the outer lines of the 510.  Any other direction, with your own initial perimeters, would then change the perimeters and question, resulting to not solving the initial.  Extra benefits of this solution, correct tire wear, no tickets, and you don't disgrace the 510 looks.  I don't get you as being a patient person, or being capable of doing the work, if capable, to lazy to do the work.  It's much easier, quicker, and not requiring you to have the ability or laboring over doing it, to just stuff them any way possible under the car.  You want respect from members, do your own work tubing the car, modifying whatever you have to, post up pictures of you doing the work.  I may not like the way it looks, but I would give you props and earn my respect for doing the work and making the car your own.

So, two options for you, which one is your choice, it's America, the reason your parents brought you here.

I guess my Arabic has gotten rusty, I spent 4 years in Libya, way before you were born, before the Middle East was westernized, 1963-67. I spent additional years in Egypt and Bahrain.  I do know the Arabic in Jordan, Lebanon, etc has it's differences, but close enough to understand.  I didn't spend the time on a military base either, my dad worked for a oil drilling company.  Most of the arabs I know use the phrase, "Inshallah", "if Allah Wills" or "if God wills", for us Westerner's.  Maybe I misspelled it originally, or I didn't use Arabic letter because I have an English keyboard.  Or, maybe you haven't spent enough time in your own country to know what many of the colloquial phrases are.  Sad if it's the later, your parent's I'm sure, wanted you to keep as much of your heritage as possible, and speak both languages, but you showed them.  An excellent opportunity squandered.

on your project, Inshallah!

• Like 1

im in the process of doing a 16x8 front and 16x9 rear, 0 offset setup on my 1970 510 sedan. I have all my fenders rolled and rears are lightly pulled. ive been having trouble finding photos and information on a setup like this even finding a set of wheels with these specs is very hard. either its impossible or no one has done it as of yet.

anyone have a setup like this or similar? stanced out datsuns shouldn't be a dime a dozen lol. lets see what setups yall running for that phat look.

"Phat" is NOT where it's at!  Ugly is forever,

• Like 1

Saw this Easter egg earlier on my way to my parent's, as long as u dont do this to a datsun i support whatever is going on (too lazy too read back a few pages)

IMG_20150110_140815_zpsloxplzoy.jpg

This is exactly what he will need to do to get 16x9, 0 offset, on the car and not modify the body, fenders, or wheel well.  It's not rocket sience, unfortunately for arabian_ryda he has bought the rims for whatever reason, then is trying to put them on the car.  As Datezmike pointed out, you have a car, you buy rims that fit you car.

He has optoins for getting 16x9 on the car with proper camber, etc, by getting the correct offset, modifing the inner fenders, rear pan, and the control arms or putting on box flares.  He doesn't want to ruin the original lines by flaring the car, one of the option.  Yet he is willing to make his car look like the above car, and thinks it won't ruin the lines or looks of the 510. Whhhhhaaaaat???

I believe he bought the rims to make his car look exactly like the above car.  Then posted up on here seeing if any of his Hellaflush buddies have his set up, and wanting to see what theirs looked like.  He just got a different answer on this forum, cause we are all old farts, and can't see the beauty of a 510 looking like the above car.  I guess it's to each his own, he will definetly draw attention to his 510, and people staring at him, exactly what he wants.  Cops will be too. I like that part

• Like 1

I don't understand what your issue is or whatever the fuck I do with my car or wheels. you seem to care so much? ruin my 510 you say? I would of put racing strips if I wanted to ruin it. I didn't come here for acceptance or for you to answer on my behalf. i could care less what you think. you seem to have me all figured out hey? daddys money and clean hands all the time is the person you made me out to be haha.... you should pat yourself on the back for coming out today and arguing with someone more then half your age about how his wheels wont fit. i hope to god(inshallah) that your life is not that dull but im starting to think otherwise.

you must of missed the part where I stated if they don't fit I will go with a different size. I haven't even tried them on yet. at least wait for the photos before you get all fired up and mad maybe take a nap? we cant all be driving stock 510s with bre racing strips to be ACCEPTED here. stay on topic please i didn't post here to argue with you about what you think is safe or looks good or whatever your trying to prove.

we are here to discuss what works and what wont with PHOTOS, if your have any further arguments please massage me and keep the clutter out of the thread.

I don't understand what your issue is or whatever the fuck I do with my car or wheels. you seem to care so much? ruin my 510 you say? I would of put racing strips if I wanted to ruin it. I didn't come here for acceptance or for you to answer on my behalf. i could care less what you think. you seem to have me all figured out hey? daddys money and clean hands all the time is the person you made me out to be haha.... you should pat yourself on the back for coming out today and arguing with someone more then half your age about how his wheels wont fit. i hope to god(inshallah) that your life is not that dull but im starting to think otherwise.

you must of missed the part where I stated if they don't fit I will go with a different size. I haven't even tried them on yet. at least wait for the photos before you get all fired up and mad maybe take a nap? we cant all be driving stock 510s with bre racing strips to be ACCEPTED here. stay on topic please i didn't post here to argue with you about what you think is safe or looks good or whatever your trying to prove.

we are here to discuss what works and what wont with PHOTOS, if your have any further arguments please massage me and keep the clutter out of the thread.

No need for profanity, I gave good postitive information on several of my post at the start of this thread. I gave you my experiences with fittting my set ups, pictures of my cars, to give you images on what the set ups looked like.  I took the time to post because I thought you were a member, nothing to do with age, who was looking for advice on an area you lacked knowledge.  Two of my cars were without strips and one with Bre stripes, none of them even close to stock, and all three with KA24DE's.  Should you feel the need to respond to this no topic portion, you can PM me. 

On Topic:

Several other members, including a younger member, Indy510, told you you will need to do modifications to the car, or by stretching 225's on the 9 inch rim and camber, may require less modifications.

Since I have already posted some pictures, I have more should you be interested, you can see them at the below threads on this forum:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35017-dads-1969-datsun-510-build/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/34982-1969-datsun-510-2-door-ka24de-with-ac/

Do what you wish with your car, its yours.

im just itching to test fit these wheels so I can prove all the non believers what use young guys can do. lol I feel like everyone in this thread is so old school. my dad was telling me the same points as all of you.

but I wont be butchering up the car to make them fit. the body lines are what made me fall in love with the 510s. if there is a fitment issue I will go with a less aggressive size.

and one last point. im going to be running a fully forged sr20 engine and a gt3071r so I need as much rims and tire as possible in the rear. flares are out of the question.

For the look your going for on your car your either going to have to run crazy hellaflush camber or hack up your car but as to seeing you statedf you don't want to do that you most likely will end up going with a less aggresive wheel. Also with the kind of motor setup you plan on running you will want as much tire contacting the ground as possible or youi'll just have a bunch of pointless power spinning all over the place trying to keep it straight.

• Like 1