9" wide wheels, without flares - stanced 510s

arabian_ryda

With 280zx front struts you should be fine .. the problem is finding a 16" tire narrower than 195, to match the tire stretch in the rear

do you think you'll need to run 205 or 195 in the back? .. I want to find some 185/45/16 tires for the front of my current project

Stretching a 185 on a 16x9?  LOL, then you will get, " is that a Honda", asked all the time.

• Like 1
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image1_zps6d790b41.jpg

Now, if you could only drive without tires and suspension, they fit.  Pulling your fender out will change the profile of the car, makes it look bulged out.  I'm not a fan of pulled fenders.  Rolling the lip doesn't change the outer lines of the car, and is a good to help with clearence.  16" rim puts the tire further up into the wheel well and the tire likes to hit the ledge in the inner fender.  You can modify, as I did, with not much hacking, grinding, then glass over the removed portion.  Not sure on a 4 door about the room in the area I'm talking about.  You really need to mount tires to get a fair assesment on interferences.

Hey maybe you can get a solid tire cut to the dimensions you need, solid suspension at the correct height, to have the rims fit.

• Like 1

195/40/16 all around is what im thinkin. Thats the lowest profile 16 tire i can find. Unless theres A 205/35/16 available somewhere

Ah, you have the same tire for an 8" rim, front, and the 9" rear?  I have never strectched tires, but I can already see the tire profile will look different between the two, and not in a good way.  The front tires will have a taller profile, less sidewall strecth, and look larger, then the rear.

If you have to use the rims you have, put them on your BMW, please.

• Like 1

Are you insane? This will weaken the rim. Stress cracks can form unknown and unseen. And you're going to run a 300 hp SR20 through these????? What directly the fuck are you thinking?? Pull your head out before it's too late. Get the proper 8" rims for this car and forget that stretch tire, mad camber 'stance' bull shit. This is off the charts stupid.

• Like 2

400whp acually and yes i am insane lol

There wont be any week points in the rim with a light shave. Hell theres even notches and lettering ingraved 4mm deep on the backside of the wheel hub already.

Dont get your panties all wet just yet. I wont be running these wheels all the time. These are for shows and pics. Ill be running a 16x8 or my 15x7 advans with some meaty tires for anything crazy i want to do with the car.

Are you insane? This will weaken the rim. Stress cracks can form unknown and unseen. And you're going to run a 300 hp SR20 through these????? What directly the fuck are you thinking?? Pull your head out before it's too late. Get the proper 8" rims for this car and forget that stretch tire, mad camber 'stance' bull shit. This is off the carts stupid.

I wouldn't go that far.  Many new rims are made from the same casting and the offset is changed by more or less machining on the hub face.  I believe the VTO wheels are all like that (I could be wrong, somebody please correct me if so).  I would be willing to bet that there is a good amount of material in the hub area that could be machined off.  The only thing I would be worried about is the thickness from the lug seat to the hub mounting surface.

• Like 2

Yes this is true^^^ I know this due to the wheels I have had shaved before for big brake kits and so forth.. The only way this could be a issue is if it was a heat treated alloy which then again I think you would still be fine..

But also Mike is right to as were you can yes only shave to a point that after so much mill's of material shave will weaken the wheel..

But you got this I want to see this get done, and like now..

There wont be any week points in the rim with a light shave. Hell theres even notches and lettering ingraved 4mm deep on the backside of the wheel hub already.

Dont get your panties all wet just yet. I wont be running these wheels all the time. These are for shows and pics. Ill be running a 16x8 or my 15x7 advans with some meaty tires for anything crazy i want to do with the car.

This is not what you said in the beginning and I just checked. There was no mention of these being fitted at a show just for looks and proper ones used when driving.

and one last point. im going to be running a fully forged sr20 engine and a gt3071r so I need as much rims and tire as possible in the rear. flares are out of the question.

400whp acually and yes i am insane lol

I was kind of hoping this could be pulled off but trimming the rim to fit? and stretching a smaller tire to get it to clear the fender??? Proof that you have the wrong off set and that these rims, simply do not fit. This is as far as I need to go.

The rim fits and stretching the tire was the original plan. You and raZor ramon mentioned i would hit the outer fender and control arm etc etc and i cleared them. I can run them without trimming them. i didnt custom order these wheels either i did it not knowing how far or close i would be to the fender lip.

Now to fine tune it for additional 4mm of clearance and have the rim tuck properly without touching control arm, strut or fender lip, i think thats pretty damn good calculations.

Wasnt the original argument it would not tuck without flares?

I will run these for the most part but i will hAve a second set on hand. For the sticky tires to go on.

Have the ass lifted up and camber at 0 for that setup.

I hate this trend

You no rike herra frush? I can't stand the tucked like a Thai ladyboy's junk look either, or V.I.P, Lux and all the other over cambered fat lip bullshit. Throw some properly fitting rims with sticky assed 205s and an LSD in that bitch and have an enjoyable car...that's for those of us that don't need a come along to drag our heads out of our asses.

• Like 2