1969 Datsun 510 2 door KA24DE with A/C

Never thought I would sell this car! My son and I built the car and he drove it to High School every day for 3 years. He traded it back to me for another 510 and the wife has used it as her daily driver to work for 2 years. I bought the wife a new car and she rarely drives the 510 and I need the money from this car to finish another 1969 510 project. The current project is more built to my taste, then this one, built more to my sons taste.

So, the car has been put together for the most part for 5 years. I have rebuilt the motor about 5,000 mile ago, new pistons, rings, main bearings, connecting rod bearings, connecting rods reconditioned, timing chains, tensioner, front cover with oil pump, new fuel pressure regulator, and new injectors, an on an on. The car has many custom parts and interior and paint isl ight blue, but mistaken for a bright white. If you put it next to a white car, you can tell it has a blue tint. I still get compliments on the paint and color every time it is on the road.

The following is a list of modifications and parts on the car:

All stainless and aluminum has been polished

All new weather stripping installed complete car

all the chrome parts are new or re chromed

Rear taillights were new at time of the build, and have euro lenses

Rear side marks were new at time of the build

Installed a "Silva" rear trunk lock

The rear 1/4 window frames were chromed, re chromed, and new chrome latches

Gas filler converted for unleaded style inlet with screw in cap

Custom interior and headliner with new dome light

Classic Momo steering wheel

Recaro seats from a VW Rabbit

Vintage Air heater core and evaporator with electronic switching controls,condenser, trinary switch accumulator, and a 240 SX compressor

Very rare excellent condition original US style front side markers

New emblems all around

Maxima front struts with ground control coil over and camber plate

TSR front adjustable T/C rods

BMW projection HID front headlights

Polished Intake Manifold and powder coated Valve Cover

Large Aluminum Radiator with 10 inch and 12 inch fans

Powder coated motor cross member

Watanabe RS8 old style two piece rims with center caps!!!

Front rims are 16x7, +25 offset, Hankook Ventus HRII 205 x 45 x R16 about 5,000miles on them

Rear rims are 16x8, +19 offset, Falken Ziex ZE512 225 x 40 x ZR16 about 1,000mile on them

Rims fit with NO SPACERS!!

I may have forgotten a few items too

So, I would like to get $10,000 for the car, and it’s worth every penny. I am willing to work with the price by removing certain items if you don't care to have them on the car, kind of like options at the dealer. To make an offer on the car, you need to have your money in hand and negotiate with me in person. Sorry, I work a lot and just don't have time to answer questions like, " what would I get if I offered you $8000?", etc. Just bring your money in hand, let's meet and talk it over.

Keep in mind this car has state of the art A/C, not the old type from the era ofthe cars.

SideView.jpgRearPassSide.jpgRearView-1.jpgPassRearGroundView-1.jpg

PassSideView2.jpgPassFrontView.jpgPassFrontGroundView.jpgFrontView.jpg

DriverSideView-Copy.jpgDriverRearSideView-Copy.jpgDriverFrontView-Copy.jpgFrontSeats.jpg

FrontDash.jpgSteeringWheel.jpgSteeringWheelandGauges.jpgGages.jpg

BackseatSidePanel-Copy.jpgBackseat.jpgHeadliner.jpgFrontRim.jpg

510MotorPic2.jpg510MotorPic.jpgP1050544.jpgP1050545.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the car is still for sale. I have had a lot of members and people interested, but no greenbacks in the hand yet.

I had the car out going to the post office this morning, and had three people in the course of and hour, tell me how nice the car and had never seen one that clean. I drive a Datsun, and people make me feel like I drive a Ferrari! Interesting enough, I don't need a SR20 under the hood either to get people staring or giving me compliments.

Also had question about the backseat, yes it is an original 510 backseat re-upholstered. I had the guy add the stitching and padding to give it the look.

• Like 1

Yes the car is still for sale. I have had a lot of members and people interested, but no greenbacks in the hand yet.

I had the car out going to the post office this morning, and had three people in the course of and hour, tell me how nice the car and had never seen one that clean. I drive a Datsun, and people make me feel like I drive a Ferrari! Interesting enough, I don't need a SR20 under the hood either to get people staring or giving me compliments.

Also had question about the backseat, yes it is an original 510 backseat re-upholstered. I had the guy add the stitching and padding to give it the look.

I have been trying to find out where you are located so I can come down and see the car. I am very interested , but can't seem to get a response. Let me know ASAP and I will come . I am traveling from the bay area.

MIchael

LOL, John long time no see! They are swarming like bees on it! I just need one to land with enough $$$.

So you got the joke? That car should be gone allready for that price. one clean build.

See ya at JCCS?

So you got the joke? That car should be gone already for that price. one clean build.

See ya at JCCS?

You called it.

The car has been sold!!!!

I want to thank everyone for showing interest in the car. I believe I sold the car to a new owner who will give the car lots of TLC and respect how much work that has been put in to the car by my son and I.

I can't forget the wife driving it for 2 years and growing attached to it like it was her child. She had a good cry as the car drove off.:crying:

Again THE CAR IS SOLD!

You called it.

The car has been sold!!!!

I want to thank everyone for showing interest in the car. I believe I sold the car to a new owner who will give the car lots of TLC and respect how much work that has been put in to the car by my son and I.

I can't forget the wife driving it for 2 years and growing attached to it like it was her child. She had a good cry as the car drove off.:crying:

Again THE CAR IS SOLD!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

yes Mr 69satsun510...do you know who referred your buyer of this car to you? "ME". Michael was very interested in my orange dime and he did not even know Ratsun existed. I told him that I knew what he wanted and knew what budget he had. I told him to create an account and contact you, because i knew he would buy your car...i just knew, and what do you know?...he bought your car, thanks to yours truly.

So, as you can see, I don't even know who you are but that's what Ratsun is about. If I had not told this guy about Ratsun, you would have never sold this car to him. So ..applause for Rotary510 please!!!!! :D perhaps a Starbucks $20 card???

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.