earlyvws

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone's been drinking the Haterade.

Yes. You.   :rofl:

As a personal preference, I don't think those seats look good in a vintage car. I've seen them in a 510, and they look okay, but not great. They are just a little too "space age" for me. 

I know historically a ton of 510 guys like running modern seats. I've done it myself in several 510s. I'm just saying I don't think it would look good in this car, not that they don't look good in any car. 

• Like 2

Thanks George. Of course you had a large role in it looking good. Thank you again for all the time you spent buffing.

Ray, I'm going to prep the techno phantoms for a repaint soon. I'm trying to finish all the other things first before moving on to suspension/ brakes. I have a bit of research and phone calls to make before I know how I'm going to be able to do it. So that takes up valuable time I need right now just to labor through the stuff I have to do now.

And yes I do plan on trying to get to JCCS with it.

• Like 2

Stock seats look like 510 seats. Z seats are more sporty. Plus they will be waaay cheaper to re-upholster cause you can buy complete seat covers and foam for them. No one makes a stock replacement seat cover and foam for skylines here in the mainland.

• Like 1

I ordered new foam and seat covers. I couldn't get 240z style unless I wanted to do a custom order and wait. They said the 240z covers are slightly different and don't work on 280z seats. Something to do with hinges. So basket weave style it is. I'm hoping they show up today.

• Like 2