earlyvws

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyota gt2000?

Nice examples are now at least $ 1mil.

RM sold a very nice one, pale yellow, at the 2014 RM Monterey auction in August. I looked it over and it was a pretty sweet car, but still not perfect. It sure sounded wonderful when they pulled it into line to enter the building for live bidding.

There are TWO that live in Pebble Beach within 17 Mile Drive area, a red one and a white one, at least as of six months ago.  I have seen the white one in person, and know of the other one from a good friend who saw it recently.

The red one has not been out of the garage or run in years, but will likely not come on the market for many more years to come. 

Both owners have stupid money and know the market for these cars all too well. 

• Like 1

I'm kidding. I love this car. I really haven't been this exited about a car in a long time. I mean I always love the cars I have but this one is special to me. I was not looking for one and then it was available.

The irony is how hard it was to find a 2 dr 510 that was what I wanted and at the right price and then it goes all the way to this. I'm really dumbfounded by it all.

• Like 2

Happy New Year!

While u were parting I was sanding.

Half way there on the parts sanded. Going to try to finish all sanding tonight (not tonight) tomorrow/ today tonight).

Then hopefully buff/ polish on Friday night and assemble as much as I can this weekend.

• Like 3

I'm kidding. I love this car. I really haven't been this exited about a car in a long time. I mean I always love the cars I have but this one is special to me. I was not looking for one and then it was available.

The irony is how hard it was to find a 2 dr 510 that was what I wanted and at the right price and then it goes all the way to this. I'm really dumbfounded by it all.

Well if you ever get tired/bored of your 510 I'll take it. Lol

This thing is coming along real nice.

Now would be a good time to cut those fender wells. It's a new year give it a different look from last year, don't you think.lol

Now would be a great time for you to cut the roof off the 521 and make a roadster. It's a new year give it a different look from last year, don't you think?

Now would be a great time for you to post progress pics of the wagon, don't you think?

:rofl:

• Like 1

So I'm hella sick but I showed up today so MrBig could have his pic. I know doesn't look like much but damn this sucks. Sanded up to 2000. Stopping here cuz I'm over it. This doesn't happen overnight u know. Well I guess for u reading it does!

CAA390E5-6E8D-4E3A-8174-22B2948EA265.jpg

8359668F-0FF2-48BA-A421-988C90B3BAFD.jpg

Now hopefully it will shine back up. The clear I used say n/a for wet sanding and that has been a problem for me before.

• Like 3