72 Skyline Yukika

earlyvws

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to have some new pics tonight. Trying to get exhaust reinstalled, picked up some seats to use for now. And a couple other things. Going to start color sanding and buffing tomorrow, so hopefully by this weekend can put bumpers and glass back in . Then it's just a matter of figuring out the front coil over and brakes. Prep and paint the techno phantoms and get tires. Finish DMV and start mobbing the streets.

I don't know how I will get any work done after this is driving. I want to just cruise everywhere with it right now.

• Like 3

when you go to the DMVH (H=Hell) make sure you're confident & determined. Be prepared for them to be confused or give you incorrect info. if necessary ask for a manager and tell them exactly how it's supposed to go down (assuming you have all your paperwork with you) and heaven forbid you get Rasputia don't take any of her shit (unless you're into that) but demand to speak with customer support in Sacramento that'll usually scare them

Working on exhaust having some trouble reusing the sections from the glass pack. Also ran out of welding gas.

Here is my Nardi steering wheel. Bought this for the truck but it didn't fit. But it seems to fit this. I have a new Momo steering wheel I like better but haven't found a hub yet.

26D083B8-C313-4782-8EB6-3ECB959A51C9.jpg

B308A1EE-D461-4426-8B4D-25AD8A2D093C.jpg

Also picked up some Acura RSX seats to use for now. But worried I might like them too much and not want to go back to stock. Still got to make them fit though.

CDCB2CA4-403D-4847-B83D-968E98C59ACE.jpg

I thought about all those options. Mainly the vintage style ones. But I could only find those at. $1500 ea.

Price was less the problem but function was the biggest. The OG seats already make it hard to get to the back seat so all the non reclining seats will make it impossible. And I have 2 kids that really want to drive in "their" skyline.

So I wanted cheaper seats for now and restore the OG ones for later, and these were $400 for both and clean and comfy, and stylish, and move out the way. With that many ANDs u gotta go with that.

• Like 2

California is expensive, I don't and won't spend that kind of money on seats, there are nice comfy seats for less than $200.00 everywhere around here, I even found a pair of Del Sol seats for $75.00 that look good, but not sure about how comfortable they will be.

I have taken a liking to the Hyundai Accent seats, they have a bunch of different adjustments, wrap around you enough to kinda hold you in there, and have a right elbow arm rest built in.

• Like 1