620 C / 620 crewcab

denmarkboy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks wayne , that is the plan but i do have a couple ideas on what to do about that . im thinking about doing something like i did with the " Lil Hooker " , so taking the cab into the bed , if i do that i will have to use another kc top .

I tried to explain . And I know it still may not make sence , but I want leg room for 4 - 6 ' + people to be able to fit comfortably . So far the plan is coming together pretty good .

After DB explained in detail what he is planning, this thing is going to be looooooooong. 

Thanks man. I had a great time bench racing. I definitely will stop by when around. I don't get south very often anymore. Working iron took me down there a lot. Anytime you need an extra hand, let me know. I'll be there. Now get going. I'm anxiously waiting....................

• Like 1

You are making good progress!  It might be easier to get a couple 20" lengths of 2" x 4" rectangle tubing to work your cut up cabs on.  Build yourself a square and level rack to work on.  Might help to keep things aligned. This is going to need 2 football fields to turn in!  LOL

This is similar to how I plan to do my 520.  I plan on stretch the hood and fender to have more engine room and add 6 to 12 inches in between the front and rear doors.

You will definitely be helping me avoid some problems.

• Like 1

You are making good progress!  It might be easier to get a couple 20" lengths of 2" x 4" rectangle tubing to work your cut up cabs on.  Build yourself a square and level rack to work on.  Might help to keep things aligned. This is going to need 2 football fields to turn in!  LOL

This is similar to how I plan to do my 520.  I plan on stretch the hood and fender to have more engine room and add 6 to 12 inches in between the front and rear doors.

You will definitely be helping me avoid some problems.

that kinda what i planned , i am going to most of the work on a pretty big welding table . i am going to set it up inside the shop and should be able to do most of the fab work there .

and the turning wont normal for sure , but shouldnt be to bad , i have a plan for the bed , i am going to take some off the front and back of the bed . pretty close to the picture.

After DB explained in detail what he is planning, this thing is going to be looooooooong. 

Thanks man. I had a great time bench racing. I definitely will stop by when around. I don't get south very often anymore. Working iron took me down there a lot. Anytime you need an extra hand, let me know. I'll be there. Now get going. I'm anxiously waiting....................

i'm on it dude , 

oh hey , i read your extra cab thread, sweet truck man ! great build !

and i should get some pictures of that z dash today.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  yessss just 2 days ago I'm loving the idea i don't have the $$$$ tools place time or knowledge hahahaha i mean i just have ideas so I'm glad someone can do it lol :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I have a cad layout of the rear frame, front cross member and all the body mount locations for the kingcab if that will help? 

sweet, i want to get the cabs blended before i consider mounting points , i am going to try and blend them together so there is no gap between the doors from the window down . and i will have to make a b pillar form that point up..

• Like 1

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  yessss just 2 days ago I'm loving the idea i don't have the $$$$ tools place time or knowledge hahahaha i mean i just have ideas so I'm glad someone can do it lol :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

well i have the plce and the tools , whether or no i have the skill is yet to be seen !  but i am going to do it , that much is sure !

• Like 1