620 C / 620 crewcab

denmarkboy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got your work cut out for you.

In my opinion the rear doors need to be square, and where they almost touch each other in the middle needs to be straight up and down, not curved, what you are about to undertake is not going to be easy, and it is even going to be harder to make it look proper.

Even the 4 door 521 and 620 conversions that do exist look a little weird between the doors, the modern ones look good, like more thought was put into them.

• Like 3

You got your work cut out for you.

In my opinion the rear doors need to be square, and where they almost touch each other in the middle needs to be straight up and down, not curved, what you are about to undertake is not going to be easy, and it is even going to be harder to make it look proper.

Even the 4 door 521 and 620 conversions that do exist look a little weird between the doors, the modern ones look good, like more thought was put into them.

The work doesn't bother me ,

I plan to square the back of the rear doors . Close to the drawing

Here's the bed rail on my old 620.  I only have the rails, roll bar left

Ill pm them to you that way I wont clutter up this build thread

dude you have my blessing to share any idea or pictures that will stir my building pot . there are no bad ideas. and i like your builds and styles so bring it farmer !

Cut cut weld weld stretch that frame!  Steroid did,

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12236-severance-day-not-what-you-think/

Cut cut weld weld stretch that frame!  Steroid did,

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12236-severance-day-not-what-you-think/

Oh frame changes are coming soon . One of the ideas I been considering is using another 620 frame , in kinda the same way I am blending the cabs . That would put a front section of frame at the end . And with everything striped it would make a solid platform for and independent rear end mounts .

Im curious about your plans for the B pillars; do you plan on a modern extra cab pickup design that incorporates it into the suicide rear door, or the standard crew cab design with seperate pillar to catch both doors?

How did I miss your question / I'm blaming it on the server. . . B pillar are going to be like a standard crew cab, except that both door strickers will be in the middle .

Doing the modern design would be a real challenge .

I think the real challenge is going to be removing that front curve in the door and how much the door will open, it's just hard to figure it all out when it's sitting on the ground unless you are one of them people that can see it all in their head.

I am the type that will just make everything and then deal with the issues when I put it together, and if the door will not open enough, then it will have buckets that tilt forward for the rear access with no rear door, or I will scratch the idea of a center pillar and weld the rear door to the pillar, then cut the top and bottom of the pillar so the rear door opens and closes with the pillar being part of it, and then figure out how to fix the rear door shut so the front door can be closed.

As I said, it's not going to be easy, if it was, there would already be a bunch of these things out there, my first kingcab took a long time to do, the second one was done in a couple weeks(the cutting and welding).