Don't want to pick on this.. but if we listen to both sides. You have to realise how stupid every thing that came out of Barack or Hillary's mouth. Doesn't sound stupid like trump .. it's just hollow bullshit

Settled? :)

Settled your Zness. Obama was/is as full of shit as they come, there's no argument. Hilary sold her soul for the sake of power and personal gain and would have raped the country. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump's words to a campaign crowd in Iowa, “He’s a war hero because he was captured? I like people that weren’t captured.” Republicans didn't fail America tonight, Trump did. He owns all of this.

• Like 2

If a crime was committed.. it's still important. You don't just forget about it because someone didn't win.

Who said anything about forgetting about it? I'm just saying the attorney for a House IT staffer loosely connected to the campaign manager of a failed candidate trying to flee prosecution for bank fraud doesn't begin to compete for headlines with the Trump show. Dude get's ratings.

I'm really looking forward to the butt hurt about to happen on this page.

On a side note: can we change the title to "campaign promises that are not to be". Or is that simply too much for one thread.

• Like 2

So in real life political ways. when does a campaign promise come true?

Is it based on effort, percentage of something resembling a promise, something implemented as a promised item destroying a system more?

I love this part of the political show. I like to see how far a promise gets and what fuckery is written in it. It's generally a label that is in total contrast of reality.

• Like 4

History will decide. Looking back from the future.

You're talking health care? It lines the pockets of private insurance companies who cherry pick who they will cover. Those that really need it are like bad luck drivers trying to insure and drive their cars. Now remove the word 'car' and add 'health'.

• Like 1

Yes it's all lies. Nothing being presented is going to reduce costs or give adequate care. Not even the Sanders socialized system (costing 38 trillion in year one so fuck that) Lobbiest would make loads from this.

current ACA is supposed to start costing tax payers 148+ Billion annually not even counting the administrative costs Dr. offices offset onto the patients nation wide too. Since implementing this campaign promise (ACA) has cost tax payers 940 Billion but since it hasn't cost 1.4 Trillion the democrats call it a 140 billion in savings........WTF

That's not saving. That just not spending as much or what we estimated to be the cost of X amount of years.

Fucking political economics.

I need to SPEND 3 trillion over ten years but if if I only spend 2 trillion it's a savings...

?????? Spending nothing is saving. Spending anything is spending... it's a net negative!!!!

So in review of anything government we all are still getting fucked. Wether we want to drop tribal bias or not. Promises are empty. Money reigns supreme in every system or philosophy of governing.

Mike you are right about risk pools and we all pay. One way or another we who produce are always on the hook for the ones that don't.

• Like 1

Who said anything about forgetting about it? I'm just saying the attorney for a House IT staffer loosely connected to the campaign manager of a failed candidate trying to flee prosecution for bank fraud doesn't begin to compete for headlines with the Trump show. Dude get's ratings.

if it were an IT staffer for a failed repug candidate it would snag major ratings. para, you present yourself as non-partisan and condemning both sides as evil. I have no reason to doubt you but the press is not even handed and would be screeching this story from the rooftops were the players from the GOP.

• Like 3

if it were an IT staffer for a failed repug candidate it would snag major ratings. para, you present yourself as non-partisan and condemning both sides as evil. I have no reason to doubt you but the press is not even handed and would be screeching this story from the rooftops were the players from the GOP.

Agreed, Liberal media bias is real, and patently unfair. That being said, it hasn't helped the Dems because everyone with a brain sees it.  

I would love to see the house return to regular order, put both oars in the water, and fix healthcare. They owe us that. Will it happen? I'm not betting on it.

• Like 6

/\...I don't think the WH is going to be in order, if what has been happening with the Trumpcheeto administration is an indication of what's to come, very chaotic, unpredictable, then that's the way it will be for the 3 years or so. Then the dems and some repubs, can't stand his ass, and rightfully so, then it will be chaotic and gridlock.

Keep the people divided on what they are told are important issues and the gubment can do what they wish. They're all playing for the same, team themselves. Elected officials have lost their connection to the real world and real people they don't give two shots about we the people only their pocket books.

• Like 1

Trump's words to a campaign crowd in Iowa, “He’s a war hero because he was captured? I like people that weren’t captured.” Republicans didn't fail America tonight, Trump did. He owns all of this.

Specifically how?

Please forgive the source of the material.

Rand Paul has possibly the best ideas for healthcare.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/07/06/rand-pauls-reform-proposal-could-revolutionize-u-s-health-care.amp.html

Yes, he's been on top of it.

• Like 1

Lets remember, POTUS doesn't draft legislation and the GOP are a bunch of fucking idiots aside from a select few.

and the democrats are all boned up about pouring more money into a failing healthcare plan that was not in any way shape or form bi-partisan to begin with.

• Like 3

Yep...also trump is an A hole, specially saying McCain was not a hero because he got captured by the VC and he likes heroes that don't get captured. Yes, McCain should have retired many moons ago but his service to his country should not go unnoticed and specially from Trumpcheeto who probably got away from serving during the Vietnam war because of his dads come connection. Any presient or anyone who disrespects a veteran, specially a POW, is a jerkoff and don't deserve any respect at all and then wanted his vote to repeal ACA, wtf!

• Like 3

Or the only reason the GOP campaigned to repeal The ACA was it was a proven successful way to play into the anti liberal heartstrings. When in reality the red states were pulling in so much money from the blue states with the ACA that they actually want it to stay. So they draft a skinny bill that likely took an evening at the bar to draft on a napkin, then stage a vote that lets them mostly save face while throwing the only guy who wants out anyway (due to brain cancer) under the bus. Such a great show this season, but the casting does need some refreshing...

• Like 1

yep..they shoved it down their throat, had closed meetings with the chosen few and then expect people to agree and support it..wtf? what is wrong with these elected officials.  Total dysfunction at its best and pretty scary that they are running this country.  China, Russia, ISIS and other enemies are laughing their ass off, while our Allies are shaking their heads in disbelief.

• Like 2

Yep...also trump is an A hole, specially saying McCain was not a hero because he got captured by the VC and he likes heroes that don't get captured. Yes, McCain should have retired many moons ago but his service to his country should not go unnoticed and specially from Trumpcheeto who probably got away from serving during the Vietnam war because of his dads come connection. Any presient or anyone who disrespects a veteran, specially a POW, is a jerkoff and don't deserve any respect at all and then wanted his vote to repeal ACA, wtf!

McCain is a piece of shit that sold our national security for profit, fuck that treasonous mother fucker, I hope he rots in hell.

• Like 4

Or the only reason the GOP campaigned to repeal The ACA was it was a proven successful way to play into the anti liberal heartstrings. When in reality the red states were pulling in so much money from the blue states with the ACA that they actually want it to stay. So they draft a skinny bill that likely took an evening at the bar to draft on a napkin, then stage a vote that lets them mostly save face while throwing the only guy who wants out anyway (due to brain cancer) under the bus. Such a great show this season, but the casting does need some refreshing...

If the ACA was so great, why are all those politicians that voted for it excempt from the plan?????

• Like 5

'Privileged' Justin Trudeau accused of colonialist attitude over boxing match

In one corner stood Canada’s youngest senator, heavily tattooed and armed with a black belt in karate. In the other stood a lanky Justin Trudeau, the underdog whom bookies were giving 3-1 odds against.

That 2012 boxing match marked a pivotal moment in Trudeau’s political career. But his account of the episode is now raising eyebrows, after he offered a glimpse into his decision to take on indigenous politician Patrick Brazeau.

“It wasn’t random,” Trudeau told Rolling Stone magazine in an interview published this week. “I wanted someone who would be a good foil, and we stumbled upon the scrappy tough-guy senator from an indigenous community. He fit the bill, and it was a very nice counterpoint. I saw it as the right kind of narrative, the right story to tell.”

The comments – part of a 6,800-word August cover story on the prime minister – sparked immediate reaction. “So ‘privileged white guy beats up Indian’ was the ‘right kind of narrative?’ Seriously?” wrote one person on Twitter, while another noted: “White guy in power & entitlement looks 4 an #Indigenous human to beat up so he looks like a strong white dude. How precious & colonial supreme.”

Others pointed to Trudeau’s much vaunted commitments to diversity and tackling the deep-rooted inequities facing many indigenous peoples in Canada. “What is up @JustinTrudeau after all your talk of inclusion you brag about beating up a guy with the issues you swore to address,” tweeted one.

Another said: “Trudeau literally using indigenous people as political props.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/27/justin-trudeau-rolling-stone-boxing-match-indigenous-people

tumblr_mlq3qoMMRD1qz9m52o1_500.gif

• Like 2