• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

@JulianAssange  2h2 hours ago

"Trump's "trans out of the military" is an obvious political distraction attack. "liberals" leap on the bait and do exactly what Trump wants."

It looks like it's been announced the military will hold off from the trans ban 'for now'.

Comparing gender dysphoria to being fat or having flat feet is a poor analogy. If you pass basic you are deemed worthy and your sexual preference has nothing to do with that. 

Comparing gender dysphoria to being fat or having flat feet is a poor analogy. If you pass basic you are deemed worthy and your sexual preference has nothing to do with that. 

Except for the fact that the military has long running strict standards which do discriminate against physical traits including being a woman.. so..

• Like 1

No, im certainly not suggesting the taxpayer should foot the bill for gender reassignment surgery; thats a lifestyle choice, not a genuine medical requirement. Hell, if someones brain tells them they need to look like a bloke and have a fake dick they can pay for that themselves.

The issue to me is if someone is capable of doing a job well, why discriminate?

They're not banning current trans members of the military, they're setting rules, such as the ones Draker posted that do exist, nobody is discriminating, the media wants you to believe that and worked in many cases including yourself.

Except for the fact that the military has long running strict standards which do discriminate against physical traits including being a woman.. so..

I thought women serve in the armed forces. 

This whole thing was a distraction. Both Fox and CNN are starting to align in their criticism of the Trump administration.

Of course it's a distraction.. and the media ate it up. The question is what is the media being distracted away from? 

• Like 4

No, im certainly not suggesting the taxpayer should foot the bill for gender reassignment surgery; thats a lifestyle choice, not a genuine medical requirement. Hell, if someones brain tells them they need to look like a bloke and have a fake dick they can pay for that themselves.

The issue to me is if someone is capable of doing a job well, why discriminate?

The Dont ask Dont tell concept would be a good standard to abide by. The military is not supposed to be about the individual. Nor should the military be about activism or Social justice. Be all you can be on your own time, but while in uniform you are your M.O.S. and Rank. 

• Like 2

I thought women serve in the armed forces. 

via wikipedia

"On November 21, 2013, the first three women to ever complete the United States Marine Corps’ Infantry Training Battalion course graduated from the United States Marine Corps School of Infantry in Camp Geiger, North Carolina.[32][33] However, these three female graduates will still not be allowed to serve in infantry units until further studies can demonstrate they are physically capable of doing so"

• Like 1

Two wrongs don't make a right, shit you still watch those imbeciles???

I read and watch all kinds of material left and right, but for months the right has been spin doctoring for Trump, and the left has been shit house nuts going after the "Russian Collusion" story. Only now have I seen this much alignment on both sides.

• Like 1

via wikipedia

"On November 21, 2013, the first three women to ever complete the United States Marine Corps’ Infantry Training Battalion course graduated from the United States Marine Corps School of Infantry in Camp Geiger, North Carolina.[32][33] However, these three female graduates will still not be allowed to serve in infantry units until further studies can demonstrate they are physically capable of doing so"

I said serve in the armed forces.

• Like 1

Also Via Wiki

In December 2015, Defense Secretary Ash Carter stated that starting in 2016 all combat jobs would open to women.[38] The decision was not supported by Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford of the Marine Corps, who wanted to keep certain direct combat positions such as infantry and machine gunner closed to women.

In March 2016, Ash Carter approved final plans from military service branches and the U.S. Special Operations Command to open all combat jobs to women, and authorized the military to begin integrating female combat soldiers "right away."[41] On October 26, 2016, ten women became the first female graduates from the United States Army's Infantry Basic Officer Leader's Course at Fort Benning, Georgia.[42]

• Like 1

I said serve in the armed forces.

They can serve if they aren't fat, don't have tattoo's visible on face/neck, don't have flat feet and don't have mental disabilities/disorders. But they do still discriminate against positions they are allow to fill.

• Like 1

The Dont ask Dont tell concept would be a good standard to abide by. The military is not supposed to be about the individual. Nor should the military be about activism or Social justice. Be all you can be on your own time, but while in uniform you are your M.O.S. and Rank. 

Agreed.

As far as I am concerned if an individual had trained,been qualified and was combat ready and able to serve proficiently in whatever relevant unit they were designated for then if they are gay or trans matters not to me nor should it to the Military Command or the people whom that individual is serving to protect.

ONLY thing I do not agree with is IF said individual wanted to get SRS proceedure paid for by the Armed Forces,no way.

Like with tattoos or other personal matters - handle it in your own time and on your own dime.

• Like 3

Also Via Wiki

In December 2015, Defense Secretary Ash Carter stated that starting in 2016 all combat jobs would open to women.[38] The decision was not supported by Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford of the Marine Corps, who wanted to keep certain direct combat positions such as infantry and machine gunner closed to women.

In March 2016, Ash Carter approved final plans from military service branches and the U.S. Special Operations Command to open all combat jobs to women, and authorized the military to begin integrating female combat soldiers "right away."[41] On October 26, 2016, ten women became the first female graduates from the United States Army's Infantry Basic Officer Leader's Course at Fort Benning, Georgia.[42]

Well there ya go. We are learning together.

• Like 3

Boy Scouts chief apologizes after Trump speech

“I want to extend my sincere apologies to those in our Scouting family who were offended by the political rhetoric that was inserted into the jamboree,” Chief Scout Executive Michael Surbaugh said in a letter published online Thursday. “That was never our intent.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/27/boy-scouts-apologizes-for-trump-speech-241036

• Like 1

Gender reassignment is an elective surgery, and we all know the VA does not cover such things. The idea that a bunch of people would flock to the military to get the government to pay for it is another ludicrous diversion. 

If I were Trump, I'd be pissed at Scaramucci for publicly airing internal power struggles, and going after Reince so childishly. Fucking egos out of control and projecting their insecurities all over the news. America is losing it's credibility with this clown show of instability and unfocused leadership.

• Like 3

Agreed.

As far as I am concerned if an individual had trained,been qualified and was combat ready and able to serve proficiently in whatever relevant unit they were designated for then if they are gay or trans matters not to me nor should it to the Military Command or the people whom that individual is serving to protect.

ONLY thing I do not agree with is IF said individual wanted to get SRS proceedure paid for by the Armed Forces,no way.

Like with tattoos or other personal matters - handle it in your own time and on your own dime.

Totes agree

• Like 1

Agreed.

And there lies the problem. They want the SRS during their service, and or, have it paid after their service. Sorry Charlie/Charlene, you have to foot the bill on that yourself. 

• Like 2