I've got a 15 minute commute (8 miles),& we have the Redwoods,

the Pacific,& mountains around us.I'll really miss that part.

The other side is that we have a LOT of Southern Californians

moving up here that want to turn it into what they came to get away from.

And then there's the transient problem - the ones who come here And

just hang out all day,every day,& cause a lot of the problems/crime around here.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the reason why people are moving out of califas is the affordability of housing. Other than that I like it here. 45 minutes I can hit the beach, 5 hours from the snow, fishing spots everywhere, variety of ethnic foods, tons of car shows...yes traffic is hellish in bay area but work is 20 min. Away and against traffic. Not sure how young people are going to be able to realize the murican dream.

Eugene OR...

1:40:00 from the beach.

1:30:00 from the ski resort.

1:30:00 from Portland.

We have a vast multicultural community and home of the Oregon Ducks...

But don't move up here, rains a lot and snow can shut down the city.

Don't come, nothing to see!

• Like 1

Eugene OR...

The pollen counts will murder your whole family.

• Like 5

There's an injection for that and it does wonders, let me know if you need one, "la pulga" in Salem has the antidote ;)

I'm <knocking on all things wooden> immune to pollen. That can change at any time though.. lol

Ask Tanker, even a mild day can wreak havoc on an outsider.

• Like 1

I'm <knocking on all things wooden> immune to pollen. That can change at any time though.. lol

Ask Tanker, even a mild day can wreak havoc on an outsider.

Local Honey from the region works wonders too.

What? no one is talking about the Georgia election,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gops-karen-handel-beats-democrat-jon-ossoff-in-georgia-house-race-1498011241

"GOP’s Karen Handel Beats Democrat Jon Ossoff in Georgia"

"More than $31 million was poured into the Ossoff campaign by donors and outside groups, compared with more than $23 million spent by Ms. Handel’s campaign and its allies"

It is the same story line as all of the other special elections, grand hopes millions spent and not a single win.

Oh and the faces at CNN when it is clear that Ossoff lost

19399631_1541462905899090_72543179428129

From the day after review, a lot of that going on today. The money spent,..

http://nypost.com/2017/06/21/what-democrats-can-learn-from-spending-30m-on-a-house-race-and-losing/

"$30 million could’ve funded six House races next year in which Democrats would’ve had a better shot than they did here"

From the past few special elections, and the massive amounts reported being spent, I am going with 30million is the starting point for democrat congressional seats.

• Like 1

Eugene OR...

I've been to Eugene. It was nice, but, I don't think I could handle the rain. Like any native, we are used to where we are with its pros and cons. Most of the "Californians" that are moving out most likely started as California Transplants from somewhere back east. And to me, anything east of Arizona is back east. 

• Like 3

This game dare going on between Russia and the west is a dangerous one. One slip and everyone brings out the big toys

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/06/21/Russia-says-NATO-F-16-approached-defense-ministers-plane/2741498043096/

"Russia has released a video purportedly showing a NATO F-16 fighter jet approaching a plane carrying Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu before being warded off by a Su-27"

Russia won't do shit , they've got one base there , can't jeopardize. They'd get it handed to them

I hope

Yeah, housing sucks. Demand is up and supply is low. And with the bullshit environmental laws and land prices, construction has almost come to a complete halt. 

But damn it, it is a great place to live. 

SanDiego_Skyline_JohnBahu_1280x642_downs

Photoshop?

Eugene OR...

OSU , such fucking rich liberal bullshit

I'm only coming to see datsuns

• Like 2