• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not an attack on any political party or viewpoint, it's just an observation.

The greatest American flip flop of all time looks like it could repeat itself. 

Important to note: Republicans became the party of big business in the early 1920's. In his time 20 years earlier, Theodore Roosevelt was a radical liberal anti monopoly outlier in the Republican party who broke up oil and railroad monopolies and passed massive land conservation legislation, kind of an absolute opposite version of Trump. 

Liberals are looping back on themselves by aligning with BIG banking and facilitating tech industry monopolies the same way liberal Northern Republicans did during the industrial revolution. Also, while using low income and minorities for their vote, they've turned their back on them when the ink actually hits the paper. That's not to say conservatives then and now didn't sell low income folks their own line of crap to get their votes.

In addition to losing their slave labor force, the industrial revolution was an economic wave that threw the South further into relative poverty to the North. In addition to cheep labor abroad, technology is what took out Midwest industrial jobs today. The North vs South divide may have switched to urban vs rural, but the actual conflict is still a growing have vs have not divide. My home in the Urban sprawl of the Bay Area is worth 15X what my cousin's much larger home in rural Iowa is worth. It cost him $550 a year to put his teenage son on his auto insurance, it cost me $4,200. I could go on, but you get the picture. When I was 16, those figures were closer to 2:1. Let's be realistic, is a small hand full of low paying industrial jobs coming back the US going to stem the tide, or Make America Great Again for those in the middle? Even if our economy ramps up for a while, I seriously doubt it will change anything for my cousin.  

This is not an attack on any political party or viewpoint, it's just an observation.

The greatest American flip flop of all time looks like it could repeat itself. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VOM8ET1WU

Important to note: Republicans became the party of big business in the early 1920's. In his time 20 years earlier, Theodore Roosevelt was a radical liberal anti monopoly outlier in the Republican party who broke up oil and railroad monopolies and passed massive land conservation legislation, kind of an absolute opposite version of Trump. 

Liberals are looping back on themselves by aligning with BIG banking and facilitating tech industry monopolies the same way liberal Northern Republicans did during the industrial revolution. Also, while using low income and minorities for their vote, they've turned their back on them when the ink actually hits the paper. That's not to say conservatives then and now didn't sell low income folks their own line of crap to get their votes.

Still to much credit given to the differences between parties. Imo

• Like 1

Voter participation in California.. 101%

LA 140%

SD 130%

SF 120%

New push for automatic voter registration for non citizens, that get ID or Drivers license

I read that April 2nd will be allow anyone with a drivers license will be eligible to vote.

Also heard many stories of people registering to vote without being asked to prove any personal identifiable information.

Could be internet crap... but would not be surprised if true.

• Like 3

Teddy Roosevelt 2020

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month"

"The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything."

Theodore Roosevelt

No place for a candidate like that today. Too fucking honest.

• Like 2

Voter participation in California.. 101%

LA 140%

SD 130%

SF 120%

New push for automatic voter registration for non citizens, that get ID or Drivers license

How is this possible ? the percentages not the automatic voter registration.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month"

"The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything."

Theodore Roosevelt

No place for a candidate like that today. Too fucking honest.

One of the greatest presidents and probably one of the greatest men.

• Like 1