WORST SONG IN RECENT MEMORY?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to bust anyones bubble but with a few exception ,, every single thing anyone has ever done was a repeated action of some sort. The person just refined the movement or action in order to improve it.

You can't say for a fact that any of those blues artists came up with everyone of those cords and rhythms themselves,,, did they ever give credit to anyone ever?

And just so you all know.  It was I, who actually invented the internet.

Or...maybe being born in 72 makes him dislike musical plagiarism.

• "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
  • "Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
  • "Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
  • "Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
  • "Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
  • "Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
  • "Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
  • "How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
  • "In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
  • "The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
  • "Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
  • "Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
  • "Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
  • "Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
  • "White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
  • "Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."

THANK YOU!  :thumbup:

And YES, jungle noises. One of the damn songs is on this rip off list. "Whole Lotta Love."  Goddamn middle of the stupid song for at least two minutes is nothing but frickin jungle noises and Robert Plant hollering and moaning.

I just saw that in another thread.

Crap.  I didn't see that thread I guess.  How's this song for making you want to kill puppies and rip your own head off?

right now, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my boss for not putting a sound card on the office computer.

11 years ago, I was at a family reunion.  Mostly relatives that I don't know.  We try to get together every couple of years so the young ones can see who to avoid picking up at a bar.  Anyway, I was trying to figure out if the deviled eggs were any good when, in the distance I hear a loud high pitch yell followed by a mechanical shriek of 9 descending notes.  This call was answered much nearer to me in the crowd by a similar tune.  Then another challenge came from the parking lot, but closer this time.

I nearly dropped my plate of BBQ upon realizing that I was witnessing "Dueling Accordions."

11 years ago, I was at a family reunion. Mostly relatives that I don't know. We try to get together every couple of years so the young ones can see who to avoid picking up at a bar. Anyway, I was trying to figure out if the deviled eggs were any good when, in the distance I hear a loud high pitch yell followed by a mechanical shriek of 9 descending notes. This call was answered much nearer to me in the crowd by a similar tune. Then another challenge came from the parking lot, but closer this time.

I nearly dropped my plate of BBQ upon realizing that I was witnessing "Dueling Accordions."

Shit, sounds like a good time