(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Listen dolomite. You pick on me for having said I own a charger that can push out 2k hp? You're the fuck who owns a supra........ (diatribe)

.........So in conclusion ( that means summary of results  dolomite) your just an immature old man with nothing better to do then sit online all day and talk shit

Is 19

The above diatribe is the reason people jab at you, you go nuclear and say stupid shit...... (diatribe)

Should know better.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

oops%20two%20trucks%20in%20ditch_zpsfeov

This picture just makes me wonder something... not just how that happened that they both wound up in the ditch, but why don't we have the "snub nosed" COE trucks here in the US any more yet they are the standard in Europe. The last Transformers movie made me ponder that as well, with Megatron/Galvatron's vehicle form being a badass COE. You don't see them on the roads, you can't buy them at a dealer, etc.

Pretty informative theory on the subject:

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-coe-semi-tractor/

This picture just makes me wonder something... not just how that happened that they both wound up in the ditch, but why don't we have the "snub nosed" COE trucks here in the US any more yet they are the standard in Europe. The last Transformers movie made me ponder that as well, with Megatron/Galvatron's vehicle form being a badass COE. You don't see them on the roads, you can't buy them at a dealer, etc.

Pretty informative theory on the subject:

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-coe-semi-tractor/

You can still get a COE, but you pretty much have to special order them. Even then, they are typically used more for vocational and off-highway duties than as highway tractors.

The reason you don't see them in the US much anymore is because most states have relaxed their laws regarding overall length of a tractor/trailer. When states had stricter laws, you'd see COEs because you could pull a longer trailer and still be within the legal limit, basically exactly what the article says. Most European companies still keep a strict limit on overall length.  It's just a much more effeicent design than a conventional.

The other thing is that a lot of truck drivers hate COEs- your ass is right over the axle, meaning you get to feel every bump and slam from an uneven road. Not the case with a nice, long-nose conventional. 

• Like 1

Once length restrictions were eased in the U.S., cabovers fell out of favor, all but disappearing by the end of the 20th century. The last gasp was Freightliner's Argosy cabover, dropped because its low volume didn't justify the cost of engineering in the EPA '07 diesels, although it's still exported to many other markets.

• Like 1

The "diesel academy" (truck driving school trained me in a late '80s International COE (ex-Schneider truck) in 1994 and that thing was sweet to drive! My first OTR company stuck me in a conventional Pete right off the bat and that thing's snout seemed a mile long. I've been in mixers for the last fifteen years so hadn't paid much attention to the OTR stuff but had noticed COEs were disappearing but had no clue why.

Nice if you spelled my name right. And I'm on an iPhone so it constantly corrects what I type. But I never said I was good at writing. I'm great at math, science, and engineering.you all should watch our robot at competition. Because I biult that. Dolomite bring it on. I'll not only spin my slicks at the light I'll blast bast you if I give you a second head start.

You are a green-colored turd.

Learn to play well with others. Your antics are tiresome.

Grow up or go home.

I quoted your post for the pure jolly of your bullshit.

iPhone corrects what you write, because your spelling is so poor, but your iPhone couldn't spell built correctly.

You have the intelligence of a tool bag.

• Like 1

So I've got a super neato idea.

Every time Andres8675309 posts, we just ignore it fully.

I give no fucks if he posts on the board. I am just a bit miffed with how he came in to insomniacs.

Maybe ignoring him will clue him in.

Andrea, take the hint. Your approach is all wrong.

Get out of my garage.

• Like 2

You can still get a COE, but you pretty much have to special order them. Even then, they are typically used more for vocational and off-highway duties than as highway tractors.

The reason you don't see them in the US much anymore is because most states have relaxed their laws regarding overall length of a tractor/trailer. When states had stricter laws, you'd see COEs because you could pull a longer trailer and still be within the legal limit, basically exactly what the article says. Most European companies still keep a strict limit on overall length.  It's just a much more effeicent design than a conventional.

The other thing is that a lot of truck drivers hate COEs- your ass is right over the axle, meaning you get to feel every bump and slam from an uneven road. Not the case with a nice, long-nose conventional. 

Did you just quote the article I posted? :poke: Almost sounds word for word!  :P

• Like 1

Especially the "highest" in usa , what he means is he was accepted by the "highest scum shack critty meth head academy" located in some garage in San Jo teaching their student how to super charge with smog pumps and leaf blowers, with cut outs of hot rod mags for text books

No smart person would refuse collage

Right? I have 2 college degrees-both in fields I don't work in. My first job out of college bored the shit out of me. Started pushing wrenches. 

My second degree was more for hobby; to ensure I was using the skills properly within the field. 

I should go back and get a degree I can actually use.