• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

The smokepole drone could fix that issue

Yeah ,,, there may be other issues that "arise" though  ,,,, so to speak.

Not that there is anything wrong with that

I like vintage guns, love 'em actually. Never hunted, never had any desire to but am not offended by those who do and love venison. most of the weapons I own are pre-WW1 with some WW2 stuff sprinkled in. My newest is a chicom SKS with a recoil buffer, muzzle brake and a Williams peep sight and I only bought that because every sect of gun culture (hunters, plinkers, crufflers, black rifle guys) I came into contact with bragged on 'em hard + 2/3rds of the pickups in this state have one behind the seat. black rifles hold no appeal for me because I carried 'em for six years in the army and never had one that didn't jam :sneaky:.

If I'm being perfectly honest here, I'm not that big of a "fan" of hunting (or fishing for that matter). I am even less of a fan of the shit that is in most store bought meat, so.....I hunt. Also, I prefer elk and venison over beef.

I actually tried the whole vegetarian deal for almost 2 years. Feeling all weak, tired, hungry and having to take supplements for what I was lacking seemed fuckin pointless.

• Like 1

I do prefer wild meat to store bought but it makes a huge difference what they are eating. The deer in eastern Washington that eat sage and other brushy things taste awful. It is very true you are what you eat. A guy I hunt with got a good sized black bear a few years ago and that fucker was purple on the inside from all the berries he was eating. I was also told it was delicious.

I do prefer wild meat to store bought but it makes a huge difference what they are eating. The deer in eastern Washington that eat sage and other brushy things taste awful. It is very true you are what you eat. A guy I hunt with got a good sized black bear a few years ago and that fucker was purple on the inside from all the berries he was eating. I was also told it was delicious.

same deal with eastern Oregon mule deer, a bit gamey to me, but I'll still eat it.

I did the vegetarian thing for 5 years per doc's orders. My blood work numbers steadily worsened. Funny thing happened at that point, the doc said to eat what ever the hell I wanted.

I agree with Smoke, the worse part was never feeling satisfied after a meal.

I am going to try local range fed beef, pork & chicken next year.

Love deer. Wish I always had some. Elk I liked, but it was sausage so that's cheating. I'd love to really eat an elk roast or something. Pig is my fancy though. You guys don't really get that chance. You can find them in Papaya land and the meat is unreal tender. Takes some grain to get through the hide though. Or a bad ass with a bow. Minimum 30/30 to effectively hunt pig. How does a muzzle loader fair with power?

Oh, I did a vegetarian for years. She eats meat now, so I married her.

Your body craves meat for a reason. Like smoke said, it's the crap in meat, and the way its raised that is BS. I'm fortunate to have grass fed beef here on the supermarket shelf, wild caught fish always available, and pig till I'm obese. But I miss chicken. There are so many laws/regulation on meat chicken farms that only the massive farms can afford to meet. So no small scale Hawaii chicken for sale. And I gave my hens away for my sanity.

Love deer. Wish I always had some. Elk I liked, but it was sausage so that's cheating. I'd love to really eat an elk roast or something. Pig is my fancy though. You guys don't really get that chance. You can find them in Papaya land and the meat is unreal tender. Takes some grain to get through the hide though. Or a bad ass with a bow. Minimum 30/30 to effectively hunt pig. How does a muzzle loader fair with power?

I hunt wild bore, it's one of my favs. Loader power is on the weak side when compared to most cartridge jobs and slow, if the animal is on the run you really need to lead it. Also, if you're a ways off, a little wind can really throw you off, so you need to adjust for that the best you can.