wife wants new car... might have to get rid of the datto...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what is? Why would I borrow a lil for something i dont need just to give us temptation to spend when I can borrow a lot to give us a clear idea of what were dealing with lol I know I may not sound like it but I am very smart with money as I got to see the down side of things growing up and both of my parents, I am nearly positive I have her out of the brand new mindset and more into the more for less mindset i hope. I understand why she wants newer shes had this Neon since shes been driving and frankly its a POS 

The Juke is a solid car, so far very reliable. Getting a 13 or 14 would be best, as most of the little bugs have been worked out. I get how you're bummed about not being able to work on it, but having a car with a warranty is pretty sweet.

I would get the juke and try to keep the truck. If you try to trade it, they probably won't give you close to enough to make it worth it.

Then what is? Why would I borrow a lil for something i dont need just to give us temptation to spend when I can borrow a lot to give us a clear idea of what were dealing with lol I know I may not sound like it but I am very smart with money as I got to see the down side of things growing up and both of my parents, I am nearly positive I have her out of the brand new mindset and more into the more for less mindset i hope. I understand why she wants newer shes had this Neon since shes been driving and frankly its a POS 

1. Get a credit card.

2. Use it for everyday purchases, instead of cash. (+ easy 1%-3% cash back)

3. Pay it off in full every month.

• Like 2

put your pants back on 

keep the truck it didnt cost much and you wont get much for it 

buy the car she wants make her happy and build credit 

if the car breaks drive the truck while you save up to fix the car 

Happy wife = Happy life 

wife wants new car... might have to get rid of the wife...

Your KC is worth $900 to $2,300 and you owe nothing on it. Using my 2/3rds rule, if you try to sell you'll get $600-$1,500 for it.  Park it until you can carry on with it. Throw a trap over it. Get what ever she wants they are all pretty equally dismal. Later when you want to work on your KC tell her "Hey, I never argued about YOUR new ...(fill in the blank) "

• Like 1

wife wants new car... might have to get rid of the wife...

Your KC is worth $900 to $2,300 and you owe nothing on it. Using my 2/3rds rule, if you try to sell you'll get $600-$1,500 for it.  Park it until you can carry on with it. Throw a trap over it. Get what ever she wants they are all pretty equally dismal. Later when you want to work on your KC tell her "Hey, I never argued about YOUR new ...(fill in the blank) "

The king nails it!  

The Prius engine swap was a joke.  I thought it would appeal to your conservative blood.   

• Like 1

Most new cars are reliable.  But I don't think they are meant to be kept 10+ years.  

I have an '06 mini cooper s with 76,000 miles and thingd are starting to get expensive for service and stuff.

you should check the insurance rates for the new car and the Nismo VS regular.  Also check what the truck would cost as a 2nd car on the same policy.  If you guys are worried about the extra cost of the 2nd car I bet it will be minimal. 

The new car however will probably double your insurance or more.

Also,  I'm guessing the Juke will need high octane all the time so expect higher fuel bills.

tires cost a lot more etc...

I break down and buy a new car every few years and I almost always want to sell it after 1 or 2 years.  They are reliable and some are fun to drive but they have no soul and you can listen to the stereo as loud as you want because you don't need to hear if something is falling  off.  by that I mean you are more detached when driving it so it's dull.

This is when you compromise. You say no to buying the truck, and no to a BRAND new car. If she wants a joke, get her a pathfinder, a 2000 pathfinder, its a newish vvehicle, and you keep your 620, if she says that doesnt work, then say to her well your other decision dont work for me either, so i guess were at a standoff, say untill your willing to compromise its a no go.  My wife would NEVER force me to sell any datsun to get a new car,hell we have 4 cars as is, 2 datsuns, and her daily and my daily, and i bet less income than you guys have lol.

Theres mad weirdos in the west coast im one of them for sure but to classify us all as liberals makes me shake my head in sadness. Theres alot of us out here that dont live in shitties and we live a very respectful country lifestyle. You cant forget california was overrun by oakies during the dust bowl. Oakies didnt lose their heritage they just make meth now, I mean are farmers and such.

Sentra001

There is an important recall for the SER Sentras from the years 2001-2005 and maybe 06's as well. It also effects why the engines blow only after 50,000-80,000 Kms. The recall is for the exhuast manifold. It has a built in catalytic converter (California style) inside. The contents get hot and explode into pieces, sending some of them into the engine. Just to let everyone know!!

quote.gif

what I would do, sell the 76' if she wants you to get rid of them(keeping the 79' cause they are a lil' harder to find" and as previously said, lower it, BAM! your done. hell, overall, my dad has a total of like.... 800-1000$ in his 620 and he's had it for 5 years or so. one of the most reliable vehicles we own.