Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YqhkfvX.jpg

Not sure who to have beef with.  On the right is one of my old sway bar link bolts.  Top broke off when I went to loosen it, and the sleeve was rusted in place in the middle.  Cut the bottom and applied a few heat treatments to get the sleeve off.  

And on the left, the bolt that came in my Centric 521 kit from rock.  Juuuuussstttt a hair to short, like 1 3/4 to 2 inches short.  I cant find another thread with someone saying they got the wrong kit.  

So, either rock sent the wrong kit, Centric plowed me or I have some bastardized setup already in place.

Edit: I was sort of right.  The truck had a 620 kit in it.  So, the dreaded PO screwed me.

Edited by bilzbobaggins
  • Like 3
23 hours ago, bilzbobaggins said:

YqhkfvX.jpg

Not sure who to have beef with.  On the right is one of my old sway bar link bolts.  Top broke off when I went to loosen it, and the sleeve was rusted in place in the middle.  Cut the bottom and applied a few heat treatments to get the sleeve off.  

And on the left, the bolt that came in my Centric 521 kit from rock.  Juuuuussstttt a hair to short, like 1 3/4 to 2 inches short.  I cant find another thread with someone saying they got the wrong kit.  

So, either rock sent the wrong kit, Centric plowed me or I have some bastardized setup already in place.

Edit: I was sort of right.  The truck had a 620 kit in it.  So, the dreaded PO screwed me.

The length doesn't matter that much as long as it clears. Obviously the long ones worked.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The length doesn't matter that much as long as it clears. Obviously the long ones worked.

I mostly post my thoughts here in daily randomness.  I posted this here before I did research and started the thread in the 521 section.

Yes they cleared.

Were they working as well as running the short ones?  Dunno, and prolly wont know as it will be just subjective guessing when I install the short ones tomorrow.  

Biggest thing I am curious about is why Nissan changed them.  Assuming all measurements are the same on the 521 and 620 with relation to the swaybar and lower control arm, then there must be a benefit.

• Like 1