14, 15, or 16

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is too vague a question for general discussion. If for a truck say so if for a car say that also. There are big differences here so perhaps the model like 810 or B-210. Surely all 3 are preferred by someone on some car, it would be nice to know which ones and why..... probably covered here

Also put 'RIMS' in the title so viewers don't have to open it up to see WTF it's about.

• Like 2

It's not the height that matters, it's the width

For real though. I'd prefer a 14x10 over a 15x8 any day, tires for 14's aren't necessarily a problem unless you're looking for a wide track tire, if you don't mind stretching a street tire it's no biggie. 

Offset should also be taken into consideration

I vomited in my mouth a little when I saw that.  Stupid donks.  I call them rims.  And 15" is right for Datsun cars, 16" for Datsun trucks, if 4x4.  That's MY opinion!! :D

For a classic Datsun car, 13's or 14's. For a classic Datsun pickup, 14's or 15's.

This

They're wheels, not rims. 

These are rims:

donk.jpg

Rims are what the tires go on, tires are.... tires. Rims with tires on them are wheels.

Depends on the brakes and gear ratios too imho. 13's with my set up would have me doing like 4000rpm at 65mph lol. They also wouldnt clear my front Or rear brakes... I prefer a wide wheel too but unless they clear the brakes its pointless. 

Ascetically speaking they say you should be able to stack 2 of the wheels with tires and end up at the roof of the car. 

at least 16s, i dont like a tall sidewall, nor a lot of fender gap. so best option for me is to fill up the space with more metal as opposed

to more rubber. as well as those little tires have fewer size selections... which is why im going from 16s to 17s on my truck... because even

16s dont have that much tire selection (i like wide tread, lower profile.)

It's a preference thing.  I run stock diameter on everything except my 4X4.  At MOST I would step up one inch.  I abhor rubber band tires; it's enough having your teeth rattle around from the rough roads but constantly bent wheels from the potholes is too much.  I like as much rubber between the road and wheel as I can find, but finding 80-series tires is getting difficult.

Now, I do have 60-series on the front of my KC, but it's my one and only slightly lowered truck.  It's not done for looks.

I like whatever looks best on the vehicle.....

I like the raised white letter look w/13s.....but then the 17s on a 620 are sick....

I run 15s w/50 series......that looks good also....

......You can't make me chooose!!!!! :hyper:

If it's for race app..........it's whatever makes me go fast....