E3 SPARK PLUGS ANY GOOD?!

bryant2482

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the cars I have changed plugs on, and did my research on (so maybe just select motors)

Euro = NGK (Never heard of a good bosche plug anymore, they USED to be good. OEM is still fine though...) Confirmed on my 01 Jetta 2.0   and by my VW mechanic who only uses NGK after years of testing.

Japanese = NGK Datsun and a few others over the years.

Ford = NGK, though I have heard Autolites and Motorcraft are good too.           93 Thunderbird and 95 Taurus 3.8. My Thunderturd hated bosche.

Chevy = ACDelco           my Saturn

Chrysler = Champion     sisters 99 Grand Caravan 3.8

I have also never heard of a NGK messing up in a GM or Chrysler, just that other brands are preferred.

And E3 plugs, go read the Corvette forums. Youll find they hate them with a passion, even in their lawn mowers.

Fishing lures, (or any shiny gimmick) catch more fishermen that fish. E3 was designed to make money for the seller. A spark plug is a spark plug. There have been only a very few improvements in the last hundred years. If you feel an improvement, it's one of two things. 1/ you had the wrong plug in there or the old one needed changing. 2/ the placebo effect... which in general terms agrees that the more you spend on something the better it has to work.

Walk around the pits at any NHRA Race and ask the guys that have E3 decals on their cars to show you their plugs. You will get some dirty looks or the finger in most cases!! They almost all run NGK! 

We run them in a 540 c.i. blown alcohol engine and they actually last quite a few rounds! 

I went through a couple sets of Ngk plugs in a mazda I have. Put a set of Bosch Platinums in and haven't had an issue. That being said. The forum for that car despises the Bosch plugs and recommends the Ngk. Who knows.... When I was racing, We always used Ngk and they always work great.

You guys all confirm my feelings about these silly spark plugs (E3).  They are good for a laugh at work when we see them. Because Race Car!

I have never installed them, only removed them from customer's cars who were having problems.  I prefer NGK or ND plugs myself.  The worst possible choice (besides E3) would be Champion in my book. 

• 9 years later...

Not at all worth the cost. NGK baby!!!!  After market parts industry relies on customer's ignorance thinking that their car maker's engineers don't know what they are doing and that the more they pay for something and the shinier it is, the better it is. It's a spark plug, been around for over a hundred years. Hard to improve on.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Not at all worth the cost. NGK baby!!!!  After market parts industry relies on customer's ignorance thinking that their car maker's engineers don't know what they are doing and that the more they pay for something and the shinier it is, the better it is. It's a spark plug, been around for over a hundred years. Hard to improve on.

Iridium oem plugs in my honderp last 100k+, tho

4 hours ago, 85 Nissan 720 said:

🤣🤣Here y'all go talking s*** don't even know what y'all talking about E3 spark plugs are great never had any problems I use them in all my engines my LS3 Corvette loves these spark plugs 

Yes, LS3 Corvette may love them, because of the smart EFI system. Old skool carb'd motors have a hard time with fragile spark plugs.

NGK B#ES are the best you can run in a Datsun L motor.