POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

Sorry, forgot my camera.  I was too busy trying to remember to bring a battery and tools.  I thought of that after I got there. D'oh!  I hope the other guys remember to take some too.

No camera phone?  Do they still make phones without cameras?

• Like 1
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1972 Datsun 521 $1500OBO - $1500 (Portland)
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4530095392.html

00g0g_fOADhWIMFm2_600x450.jpg
00g0g_fOADhWIMFm2_50x50c.jpg00P0P_lYdSlATw53C_50x50c.jpg01313_dtJOg6eMMX8_50x50c.jpg00m0m_4T07FKpPaNJ_50x50c.jpg

condition: fair

1972 Datsun 521 paint color : blacksize : compact type : pickupdrive : rwd fuel : gastransmission : manual title status : clean

Up for sale is my '72 521. It was my daily driver until I got another truck recently, and I've decided I need to let it go to fund other projects. Its in decent shape, could be a candidate for restoration, or just keep it on the road and enjoy running around in this little truck.

I fixed a few small electrical issues, replaced the gas tank since the old one had a giant hole, and kept up with general maintenance while driving it.

It's got the stock L16 engine, with a Weber carb. I had exhaust pipe done from the manifold back right after I got it. (No smog needed, its too old.) Its got some body rust, the bed will need some work in the future. I've got a sheet of plywood over it right now. 

It leaks a little oil, but starts right up every time. It currently has stock steel wheels and pretty old tires, but comes with another set that are definitely not Nissan but fit the bolt pattern. 

74089F37-20F9-4AAF-93EA-6BDFA170E479_zps

This one was still not sold when we left.

10DF6CD7-0094-4198-B79F-6CBCE34CFDB8_zps

This was sold

3BF8002E-1EAD-434B-91F2-883416605310_zps

This was sold

411 was still there. Buried. Repainted black, dirty, a little grime on it, relatively clean what we could see. Obviously sitting a long time. Someone had offered him 750 but still wasn't there yet when we left a bit before 10

• Like 4

74089F37-20F9-4AAF-93EA-6BDFA170E479_zps

This one was still not sold when we left.

10DF6CD7-0094-4198-B79F-6CBCE34CFDB8_zps

This was sold

3BF8002E-1EAD-434B-91F2-883416605310_zps

This was sold

411 was still there. Buried. Repainted black, dirty, a little grime on it, relatively clean what we could see. Obviously sitting a long time. Someone had offered him 750 but still wasn't there yet when we left a bit before 10

These are the garage sale cars?

• Like 1

Here's the goon from the garage sale. We pulled it out of the shed over to his barn. He was gonna try to free up the rear brakes, which had frozen up.

IMG_0430_zpse6d21839.jpg

IMG_0434_zpsf73728d3.jpg

IMG_0433_zps403b8340.jpg

He left the hood open all that time to keep the varmints from nesting and eating the wires and stuff.

IMG_0439_zps4bb68819.jpg

IMG_0440_zpsbd25b09d.jpg

IMG_0441_zps2a1b1df0.jpg

IMG_0443_zpsb351bc1d.jpg

IMG_0446_zps7aa50e65.jpg

IMG_0449_zps741397bd.jpg

IMG_0451_zps231b79dc.jpg

IMG_0457_zps48d137ea.jpg

So this thing is straight. Only damage is from getting rear ended and a ding from dragging it out of the shed with the back hoe. They replaced the hatch when it got rear ended. Rear bumper is a little doinked, but overall the body is in great shape. Doors and hatch all click into place nicely without force. Window roll up and down freely and squeegees and felt all there. Front quarter windows open and close freely. It's just filthy and smells foul!

It'll need new carpet and seat covers, if not the seats as well. I might remove the back seat altogether and use it as my mini hauler. The headliner is intact, but one section is sagging with the weight of I don't know what - not sure I wanna know either.

Threw on a battery and tried to start it. "Chg" and "Brake" lamps on dash lit up. All switches work - signals, lights, fan, wipers. But turn the key and nothing. I don't know if it's the wiring to the starter or whatever. The fan won't move by hand, so maybe the engine's frozen?

All floor pans looked good. It passed the screwdriver test all over the place. The steering appeared to work.

So, I'm the noob who offered him 750 over email, before I saw it. Kinda wish I hadn't, cause he probably woulda accepted less. Since the engine won't budge and I couldn't start it, he accepted a lower offer and is throwing in four 13" tires a spare dash panel and some other stuff. It's an automatic. Wish it wasn't but for the price it might be worth trying to change that.

I'm heading over there to bring it home today. Might try to see if AAA will help me out. 

Or if anyone's interested in helping out a no0b with a trailer ride back to Central District Seattle, I'd be grateful and could offer something to compensate. 

Call or text me through the member profile page if you're game.

By the way, I recently sold CarterB's former Blanco the Winter Wagon through craigslist to a local guy who works on vintage motorcycles and wanted to something new. Not sure how he's going to change it/restore it, but it sounded like he needed a fun project to keep him busy.

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum! Always nice to see a new wagon! Can't wait to see the build thread. Everyone here is very helpful, so don't hesitate to ask! Hand crank the engine to free it up. Change oil, water, new filters for gas too. Just clean the plugs, points, and run new gas from a can, not the tank. I bet it starts right up.

• Like 2

Went to bring 'er home and Art had got the engine to start and freed up the rear caliper pads which had stuck to the rotors over time. I even got to drive it about fifty feet outta the drive into the street so AAA could haul it for me! :D

He replaced the plugs and cleaned off the battery contacts.

So Art got a little more money for the goon and I was glad to pay it. Still needs a ton of work which I'm looking forward to.

Cleaning begins tomorrow and more pics will be in a build thread.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Jen (DatWifey) and Brady, her fella, who we're hauling back to Everett the yellow truck. Sounds like they got a deal on that one.

And thanks for all the encouragement and already helpful advice RE: getting it started. Ratsun Rules!

• Like 5

Lots of work done, BUT:

---mismatched paint

---no title (have all paperwork)

---no actual keys (was setting up for track push button start((no keys)) but just have ignition sw. at this time)

---seatbelt not included

---no rear view mirror

---no interior, just dash & seats

$3K Tops B) 

• Like 1

Lots of work done, BUT:

---mismatched paint

---no title (have all paperwork)

---no actual keys (was setting up for track push button start((no keys)) but just have ignition sw. at this time)

---seatbelt not included

---no rear view mirror

---no interior, just dash & seats

$3K Tops B) 

I will lower that offer and say I wouldn't pay more than $1500.00 tops for that. That's just me though.

I will lower that offer and say I wouldn't pay more than $1500.00 tops for that. That's just me though.

I do know some that would pay up to $3K, but I wouldn't take that car if you gave it to me.  :no: